• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nonexistence question

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Ok so this has been bugging me for some time and I need some clarification. If you are in a state to where literally nothing of your existence, not just your existence, other people's memories of you, but even the literal basic information of your existence doesn't exist anymore, does that count for NEP type 2? And if not can you explain why?

Not a fan of dividing powers into specific types, but I believe that the maximum level of NEP is: Non-Corporeal + Amortality (kind of be beyond life and death) + Imperceptibility + No Records of any type (i.e, no memories nor physical information except those coming from Omniscient beings). NEP is a relative powers that depends of perspective, if someone see the subject you can say that the being exist in some kind of another.

But what about when their existence is so far gone that everyone's memories of said person doesn't exist, on top of an omniscient being lost any and all information about their existence?

That's why I refer with "No Records of any type"; plus, by principle, and omniscient being can forget the the existence of others, otherwise it wouldn't be considered omniscient.

I'll answer as best I can. What defines the type of NEP is less about how they do not exist or how much of them do not exist, but on what kind of duality they exist on. If you just don't exist, that would be a 0 relative to an existent 1. To use a programming thing because its probably the easiest way I can explain it personally, 1 is a state where information or a charge exists, and 0 is the absence of information or a charge. That 0 is NEP type 1, you are a void, or just are not a thing.

On the other hand, NEP type 2 is neither 0 or 1. This is some taoist type shit, that exists apart or outside of both, and if I'm being real you are unlikely to find this shit like 99% of the time. I actually have an issue wrapping my head around it if I'm being real. In other words, they are so nonexistent that you cannot even call them 0

With the last Regen revison, I think more that "conceptual" do not really means much; as personal suggestion, do not take a look into the NEP types and simply explain what does the nonexistent being does, be imperceptibility, amortality or have the ability to wipe itself from the records.

and if the character 1 that is omniscient or almost describes character 2 as a being that does not exist until the point that he is not 1 (existence) or 0 (non-conventional existence) but -1 and is increasing (bone -1 then -2, -3, -4 and so on to infinity) but without declaration of ceasing to exist even a conceptual level would you surely qualify for NEP type 2?

is that I am thinking of writing a story using this type of concept and I am curious.

Back