• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NEP Aspect Question

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Why isn't there an aspect of Nonexistent Physiology for being physically nonexistent?

I don't know many series that feature nonexistence, but that seems to me like it would be way more common than having their "information which shapes reality" be nonexistent, so why does that get a type while physical NEP doesn't?

Why isn't there an aspect of Nonexistent Physiology for being physically nonexistent?

I don't know many series that feature nonexistence, but that seems to me like it would be way more common than having their "information which shapes reality" be nonexistent, so why does that get a type while physical NEP doesn't?
I think physically nonexistent is assume as a standard to NEP

"The physical body of every character with this ability has to be nonexistent. That means that users always are Incorporeal"

It then says that incorporeality isn't enough, and a character has to have at least one combination of the following types.

But I wouldn't really consider it just "incorporeality" to be a nonexistent void, even if that doesn't clearly involve any other aspect of nonexistence (as nothing in the series goes out and says they lack a soul/concept/mind/information).

What is the difference between this and simply incorporeality, if I may ask?

Intangibility is being difficult or unable to be meaningfully damaged or impeded by conventional solid matter. With elemental intangibility, even water and fire qualifies for this.

Being nonexistent seems to go a step further. Your only physical presence is termed nonexistent and is difficult to interact with.

To sort of turn the question around on you, why would we have a page for Nonexistent Physiology if being nonexistent didn't generally matter beyond being incorporeal, and having resistances to specific abilities? We generally treat it as a higher order of defensive ability than intangibility, but if we treat them as harder to effect with physical attacks, then they shouldn't also need to be immune to one of soul/conceptual/mental/informational attacks to qualify.

The original standards before aspect is basically what you described
as long as it can prove to not exist more than conventional incorporeality it would qualify

I think we should still allow NEP even without the aspect and simply make physical nonexistent beyond Incorporeality be the default

and Incorporeality with resistance should be different by nature because it shouldn't be possible for an incorporeal being to lack Aspect Type 1-4
cause they wouldn't be incorporeal anymore in that state as they lack the essence(Soul, energy, abstract) that incorporeality requires

I guess in a way if someone is described as nonexistent with a certain aspect and also mentioned to be Incorporeal that's more than enough
since lacking a specific aspect is no longer a requirement to be considered Nonexistent. An abstract lacking a soul and mind being treated as NEP type 2 never really sits right with me as that's how normal abstracts usually are. they just exist as abstract

Well i think because that will give many verse that just have proof of not have a physical structure NEP by default

I think someone must have nonexistence atribute for get NEP, not just lacking something but not in NEP's state. I mean AE1 of pure concept is basically lacking soul, but it not have nonexistence atribute for get NEP aspect 1

But sure being describe as nonexistence in physical meaning is enough for get NEP

As long as it nonexistence not existence

Aspect mean you lacking a certain aspect that constitute your existence, that is simple, a person lack a soul and is immaterial nonexistent is consider nonexistent cause he not really exist and lack a soul which constitute his existence, however AE1 obviously lacking a soul but not NEP, is because AE1 being by default do not have soul, soul isn't what constitute their existence, but rather the abstraction

I thought of something different.

NEP, what we call "non-existence" is basically not having any existence and not even having any state of energy attached to existence, and basically what we call "existence" is made up of body, soul and mind.

Therefore, since the existence (i.e. soul, mind, and body) of a character with NEP would show no energy and no state of being, wouldn't this give characters with NEP a default lack of mind and soul?(aspect type 1 and type 3) Because every character has mind and soul along with body in their existence, and to have NEP, in this case, is to be in non-existence without having any energy structure.

And this non-existence must apply to the soul and mind as well as the body, so if a character lacks(non-exists) only the body, instead of the whole of his existence, it doesn't make him "non-exist" because he still has energy in terms of mind and soul.

You're looking at it strictly with conventional logic which is usually disregarded by fiction by having characters who are sentient yet nonexistent
so we can't always assume it to be the case without elaborating on it
In the same way, we don't assume anyone who has abstract existence from a concept doesn't have a mind or soul unless stated that they lack those as these characters are often shown as having a mind or thought or capable of such.

If we are going to apply that logic to one ability and not to another then there is no uniformity in our standard.

Now if we apply that logic to NEP Nature 2 becomes a massive problem as they will contradict that requirement in NEP nature 1. as we can or have been shown that characters can become nonexistent beyond the binary of 0 and 1 and still possess a mind. most notably things of Sunyata in Yogic belief or nonduality

Back