• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non-Physical Interaction in Bleach and Intangibilities for Souls

Ok I will wait since this will affect a lot of quincy and arrancar as well

Starrk for example can passively kill hollows with his aura too.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
we can make a seperate thread if you want?
I think this would be the best choice, @Sigurd Snake in The Eye

@The mysterious man, nice, can you help get a link for the thread because it would be a of great help?

Just checked, I didn't find the thread yet but this seems accepted on Ichigo Kurosaki's profile

• Soul Manipulation (Shinigami are capable of directly inflicting damage to the soul using their Zanpakuto), Overwhelming Aura (Capable of passively inflicting ailments ranging from paralyzing the target to disintegration with his spiritual pressure)

Ichigo

Invisibility , Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm and interact with intangible spirits and objects) , Soul Manipulation (Shinigami are capable of directly inflicting damage to the soul using their Zanpakuto) , Overwhelming Aura (Capable of passively inflicting ailments ranging from paralyzing the target to disintegration with his spiritual pressure) , Resistance to Soul Manipulation

Ressurectio ( Zangetsu will occasionaly ressurect Ichigo after posessing him) Under Hollow Ichigo Key

Aize

Invisibility , Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm and interact with intangible spirits and objects) , Soul Manipulation (Shinigami are capable of directly inflicting damage to the soul using their Zanpakuto) , Overwhelming Aura (Capable of passively inflicting ailments ranging from paralyzing the target to disintegration with his spiritual pressure) , Resistance to Soul Manipulation

Yhwach

Invisibility , Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm and interact with intangible spirits and objects)

Wait a minute, since when have Shinigami directly attacked souls?

And when I say "directly attacked", I mean souls that are within another beings body, not soul based beings like other Soul Reapers and hollows.

@ProfessorKukui4Life, yeah, these were already accepted but weren't added yet.

Forgive my grammar: I am sleepy

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
And when I say "directly attacked", I mean souls that are within another beings body, not soul based beings like other Soul Reapers and hollows.
No reason it couldn't since that is what a Zanpakuto does.

0001-047
0001-051

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
No reason it couldn't since that is what a Zanpakuto does.
0001-047
0001-051
Against souls? Yes. But not souls within others bodies (and im pretty sure we make the difference real here IIRC but I can be wrong).

This example isn't really good since Rukia isn't attacking Ichigo's soul, she's simply putting her Zanpakuto inside his soul so she can transfer her powers to Ichigo and Ichigo was willingly letting this happen. We've never seen a Soul Reaper go up against a living being before and see their soul directly slashed.

But like I said, i'll make a thread about this another time if I want to pursue this to be removed.

Rukia do the same thing in fullbring arc. But this time Ichigo's don't realize it was rukia who do it until his shinigami power is returning to him thus he can see Rukia himself.

MachTwo said:
Rukia do the same thing in fullbring arc. But this time Ichigo's don't realize it was rukia who do it until his shinigami power is returning to him thus he can see Rukia himself.
Again, to transfer Soul Reaper powers.

In fact, Rukia herself confirmed that Zanpakuto couldnt cut anything but was merely an energy construct to restore Ichigos powers. So that goes against you.

But eh.

(3:00 am, I am tired&insomiac) I will remove it then.

I am out to sleep now. Well peace out, guysƒæì!

@Kukui

Seems like Semantics to me,she thrusted her sword through his heart which is linked to the soul and filled it with her soul reaper powers.I would be pretty silly if Shinigami couldn't harm another Shinigami through a Gigai wouldn't it?

0070-010

@Kukui
Seems like Semantics to me,she thrusted her sword through his heart which is linked to the soul and filled it with her soul reaper powers.I would be pretty silly if Shinigami couldn't harm another Shinigami through a Gigai wouldn't it?

0070-010
I can personally gurantee to you that Yoruichi's comment on "heart = soul" is pure poetic hyperbole.

He was simply giving Orihime advice on moving through the Dangai without stopping as if she did her life, and the other's, would be in great danger according to Urahara's explanation.

And as for the Gigai comment, the only time we see a soul reaper attack another one while inside their Gigai is when Renji played with Rukia a bit when he was debuted and considering he and Byakuya were on a mission to bring Rukia back to the SS, it would be pretty stupid for Renji to do something that would harm her weakend soul.

Actually it isn't hyperbole,because it's linked directly to the flow of reiatsu.Mayuri stated as long as Aizen's heart beats reiatsu will flow which can also mean soul apparently.

Actually it isn't hyperbole,because it's linked directly to the flow of reiatsu.Mayuri stated as long as Aizen's heart beats reiatsu will flow which can also mean soul apparently.
Naruto characters chakra will flow as long as their hearts beat too. Doesn't mean they're literally the same.

And its even better in this case because of the concept of Chakra Networks.

Back