• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No More Heroes CRT 2.9 - Rescaling + LS upgrade

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Really quick CRT and hopefully the last one until NMH3, but there's a few things I wanted to get out there.

First off the TSA playable characters should get Avatar Creation since... I mean, that's literally what their in-game avatars are... avatars. Obviously this doesn't scale to the real world.

Then, here's a Class K feat for No More Heroes 2. Should be uncontroversial but it is a huge upgrade.

Now, an issue I have with the NMH profiles is that most feats come from the final bosses. The AP feats for both NMH1 and NMH2 come from the very final boss, and so do the LS ratings. Scaling them to the first bosses in the game is a bit cringe, so here we go.

• NMH1 - I know what I just said, however since Shinobu is able to cut off Jeane's arm, Henry's AP would backscale all the way to her (Considering Travis goes through no training between Jeane and Henry, it's safe to say the latter's actually inferior to the former). So, Shinobu's 8-C AP is solid, however Death Metal and Dr. Peace get a "likely" before their 8-C rating. They shouldn't be too far behind Shinobu, especially since Death Metal isn't only rank 10 because of a lack of skill or power, but because he simply decided to stop climbing the ranks. LS is a bit weirder but Shinobu's able to jump dozens of meters into the airI think it's fair to scale it the same way we do AP. Let's scale speed that way too, since the feat came from the Destroyman fight, which is in the first half of the game.
    • Conclusion: Death Metal and Dr. Peace become "Likely 8-C, possibly High 8-C", "Likely Sub-Relativistic+" and "Likely Class 5" and their justifications are updated, that's all.
  • NMH2 - This one's a bit weirder. The feat does come from the final boss, yes, but it's clearly meant to be an easy fight (that phase, at least). The boss barely moves, has less health and damage than the previous fight and is sent flying away by any attack combo. Not only that, but while the previous fight required both Henry and Travis to fight, Henry literally refuses to fight this one- it's that pathetic. That's probably important to clear up. Anyway, as I said Henry helps out in the fight against Jasper Batt's first and second phase, and even manages to slice its arm off- it's unquestionable that he scales. Now, Dr. Letz Shake defeated Henry prior to the events of NMH2, so clearly he scales too. It's unlikely Henry grew too much in power between being saved by Travis and fighting Jasper, since he spent half that time comatose and the other half killing off some assassins- and even before that he was clearly confident he could fight Travis. Letz Shake also stomped 11 assassins below him in rank at once so there's a clear divide. So, only Dr. Letz Shake and everyone above him in rank scale to the High 8-C+ feat, everyone else just upscales from the 8-C, possibly High 8-C rating of the first game. Again, same story for LS.
    • Travis Touchdown gets a new "early NMH2" key that's "8-C, possibly High 8-C" and everyone in the first half of the game (Skelter Helter, Nathan Copeland, Charlie MacDonald, Matt Helms and Cloe Walsh all scale to it now, while everyone after that stays unchanged, with the exception of Class K Lifting Strength.
That's all the changes, really, but here's a bunch of NMH profiles I've been working on, that should be literally every named combatant in the series (Except for Lovikov and Thunder Ryu I suppose, but c'mon). Feel free to check 'em out.

Really quick CRT and hopefully the last one until NMH3, but there's a few things I wanted to get out there.

First off the TSA playable characters should get Avatar Creation since... I mean, that's literally what their in-game avatars are... avatars. Obviously this doesn't scale to the real world.

Then, here's a Class K feat for No More Heroes 2. Should be uncontroversial but it is a huge upgrade.
When’s the NMH3 CRT armor?

Any way yeah class K is good as the if I recall correctly the final boss was super easy to kill and Travis could knock him back with any combo.

Now, an issue I have with the NMH profiles is that most feats come from the final bosses. The AP feats for both NMH1 and NMH2 come from the very final boss, and so do the LS ratings. Scaling them to the first bosses in the game is a bit cringe, so here we go.

• NMH1 - I know what I just said, however since Shinobu is able to cut off Jeane's arm, Henry's AP would backscale all the way to her (Considering Travis goes through no training between Jeane and Henry, it's safe to say the latter's actually inferior to the former). So, Shinobu's 8-C AP is solid, however Death Metal and Dr. Peace get a "likely" before their 8-C rating. They shouldn't be too far behind Shinobu, especially since Death Metal isn't only rank 10 because of a lack of skill or power, but because he simply decided to stop climbing the ranks. LS is a bit weirder but Shinobu's able to jump dozens of meters into the airI think it's fair to scale it the same way we do AP. Let's scale speed that way too, since the feat came from the Destroyman fight, which is in the first half of the game.
    • Conclusion: Death Metal and Dr. Peace become "Likely 8-C, possibly High 8-C", "Likely Sub-Relativistic+" and "Likely Class 5" and their justifications are updated, that's all.
  • NMH2 - This one's a bit weirder. The feat does come from the final boss, yes, but it's clearly meant to be an easy fight (that phase, at least). The boss barely moves, has less health and damage than the previous fight and is sent flying away by any attack combo. Not only that, but while the previous fight required both Henry and Travis to fight, Henry literally refuses to fight this one- it's that pathetic. That's probably important to clear up. Anyway, as I said Henry helps out in the fight against Jasper Batt's first and second phase, and even manages to slice its arm off- it's unquestionable that he scales. Now, Dr. Letz Shake defeated Henry prior to the events of NMH2, so clearly he scales too. It's unlikely Henry grew too much in power between being saved by Travis and fighting Jasper, since he spent half that time comatose and the other half killing off some assassins- and even before that he was clearly confident he could fight Travis. Letz Shake also stomped 11 assassins below him in rank at once so there's a clear divide. So, only Dr. Letz Shake and everyone above him in rank scale to the High 8-C+ feat, everyone else just upscales from the 8-C, possibly High 8-C rating of the first game. Again, same story for LS.
    • Travis Touchdown gets a new "early NMH2" key that's "8-C, possibly High 8-C" and everyone in the first half of the game (Skelter Helter, Nathan Copeland, Charlie MacDonald, Matt Helms and Cloe Walsh all scale to it now, while everyone after that stays unchanged, with the exception of Class K Lifting Strength.
That's all the changes, really, but here's a bunch of NMH profiles I've been working on, that should be literally every named combatant in the series (Except for Lovikov and Thunder Ryu I suppose, but c'mon). Feel free to check 'em out.
NMH1- Yeah I agree with the changes here, Travis in the cutscenes really did beat DM and Dr.Peace not to say easily, but compared to Shiniobu and the rest of the assassins likely is a good rating.

NMH2- Also agree with the changes here, however when Henry refused to fight I interpret it not because it was he could beat it,(he definitely can lol) but because he just refused cause Jasper being like the worst ******* boss he just didn’t want to be associated with that travesty lol.

Looking at all these upgrades and there all good armor. Just wait for a few more to input and in a day or two you can add it.

Also since Travis is Class K it means he beats Grealt now due to the absolute difference in lifting strength.

When’s the NMH3 CRT armor?
August 28
Any way yeah class K is good as the if I recall correctly the final boss was super easy to kill and Travis could knock him back with any combo.
Yeah, he's actually really hard to no-hit but outside of that he's a joke on purpose.
NMH1- Yeah I agree with the changes here, Travis in the cutscenes really did beat DM and Dr.Peace not to say easily, but compared to Shiniobu and the rest of the assassins likely is a good rating.
I do think the fact that the fights are a lot easier also counts for something, Suda has a tendency to tie gameplay and story like that.
NMH2- Also agree with the changes here, however when Henry refused to fight I interpret it not because it was he could beat it,(he definitely can lol) but because he just refused cause Jasper being like the worst ******* boss he just didn’t want to be associated with that travesty lol.
Probably yeah, but considering how oddly friendly he is to Travis in NMH2 he would have kept fighting if he believed Travis couldn't do it on his own.

Also Sliverface is finally getting a profile?

Best ******* day
The only Death Driver who isn't is Eight Hearts- I totally could make the profile even with our crossover rules, but I want to wait for NMH3 and the multi-verse merge CRT to see if that passes. But yeah lots of these guys will be pretty cool in matches

The only Death Driver who isn't is Eight Hearts- I totally could make the profile even with our crossover rules, but I want to wait for NMH3 and the multi-verse merge CRT to see if that passes. But yeah lots of these guys will be pretty cool in matches
What do we class the verse after it merges? Suda51 verse or something else lol?

What do we class the verse after it merges? Suda51 verse or something else lol?
I'm thinking either Kill The Past or Sudaverse, the former is an official name but it doesn't include quite everything and the latter is something I think he's used once in an interview, but kind of as a joke? I'd rather go with Kill the Past cause it sounds way cooler- either way it's gonna have a lot of redirects
Looks good. I always trust Armor's judgement with NMH.
Thanks man, I really appreciate you saying that.

I'm thinking either Kill The Past or Sudaverse, the former is an official name but it doesn't include quite everything and the latter is something I think he's used once in an interview, but kind of as a joke? I'd rather go with Kill the Past cause it sounds way cooler- either way it's gonna have a lot of redirects
Found the interview- direct confirmation of canon too. He even compares it to the MCU.

Last edited:
just realized sheepman green throws around poisonous clouds so that's a resistance for the playable cast

Not really bumping this but I found an error in some AP calcs so the results are twice as high now, currently debating a bit to see if I can get a Class 50 calc be approved for the first game, when that's concluded one way or the other I'll apply it all

The LS via jumping thing I'd imagine would only apply to his legs.

But considering Henry has been in beam clashes with Travis and that requires leg strength, I'm inclined to say it works?

Yeah I'm ok with this.

The LS via jumping thing I'd imagine would only apply to his legs.

But considering Henry has been in beam clashes with Travis and that requires leg strength, I'm inclined to say it works?
Yeah, that's been the case not just in cutscenes which is almost universal for NMH bosses but they clash swords for a lot of time in the cutscene afterwards, so I'd say it's fine. Besides, this wiki treats LS as being overall comparable among its facets, with stuff such as grip strength scaling to lifting and stuff.

after about a month of fighting over it the calc got approved so unless anyone has objections i'll go and apply all of this
The Class 50 feat is performed by NMH1 Travis and by Armor's previous propositions everyone else at NMH1 onwards scales from that...

... except the pawns, Chihuahua Bad Girl (chihuahua tier) and Speed Buster (who has her own physical lifting strength and attack potency tier - her attack potency with Buster Launcher remains tagging the rest of NMH1 cast. Since she can physically operate the howitzer/cannon thing, she definitely has the sub-rel~rel reactions)

Maybe except for those who never existed in the "real" NMH world.

Also, while making little difference, NMH1 speed is subrel+ and NMH2 onwards (post-Vladimir) is rel. Where is the borderline now?

Vladimir's attack speed is Relativistic, but Travis' dodge in that cutscene ends up barely being Sub-Relativistic, without the + (I tried calculating it, but didn't post it). So, it's just a supporting feat. Technically Travis' actual speed should be "Sub-Relativistic+, Relativistic with (the various speed amps he's got)", and maybe by NMH2 it should be "At least Sub-Relativistic+" instead, since he canonically gets stronger. I was thinking of covering all of that in my next CRT, but it's not a big deal.

But if there was a cutoff point, it'd be post Letz Shake, same as the LS and AP point.

Back