• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive discussion

What does Nioh mention? All I've seen is that the Dragon Sword and Ryu's ancestor are in that game, and he's a boss
I mean as canon wise but not to mention Ninja Gaiden 2 lore Oda was mentioned having ties with them. Tengu enemies being in the same race as Nyotengu and the other guy Ryu Killed, Ryu Black Smith Ancestor Also appears in the game including Nyotengu Mother or possibly her

BUMP

To bring this back, ideally we'd want to revise Ryu's profile since most of the DoA cast should be comparable to his base self. After that, then we could try going for more profiles.
I guess we could try getting the calcs in that blog from earlier evaluated

What's the reasoning for most of the DoA cast scaling to his "base self"?
Kinda a lot

Kasumi beating Alpha 152 who could match Ryu and left him visibly exhausted.
Kasumi - Defeated Alpha 152
Hayate and Ayane - Fought Alpha 152; Can defeat Kasumi
Nyotengu - Beats Ayane
Leifang - Beats Nyotengu
Jann Lee - Canonically superior to Leifang
Diego - Beats Jann Lee
Rig - Beats Jann Lee
Hitomi - Leifang's rival
Elliot - Beats Hitomi
Raidou - Took the combined might of Kasumi, Ayane, and Hayate to put him down

Oh, and Honoka beats Leifang
And all this are just stuff I've noticed off handily while checking out some vids now and then.

Really though, just Kasumi, Ayane and Hayate scaling through Alpha 152 would already open up the scaling chain because a good chunk of the cast matches them

Now I won't say ALL the characters scale because I haven't made notes like that

Will probably finish the Ryu rework within the next two months, so I'll start discussing removals now

Enhanced Senses (Can use a 6th sense to sense new enemies, incoming attacks and directions for him to reach his goal)
I'm not sure if that's actually a feat. He probably already knows where to go, and this "6th sense" is just a game mechanic that focuses the camera on the next location. Here's a better feat - Ryu could sense a monster right before it attacked Rachel even though it was silent and hidden behind a wall

Regeneration (Mid-Low; Healed slashes that critically harmed him by the Hayabusa Spirit. However, he cannot heal all his wounds and need to rest in order to happen)
This is not a feat for Ryu. he doesn't have control over the falcon. He can heal via consumables

I believe him looking almost invisible is a game mechanic, its probably there so the player knows Ryu can't be seen. I think it would be weird if he had the ability to turn invisible but only in a smoke filled area

Time Stop (Can use a hourglass that stops time around him. Lasts for 5 seconds)
This is a powerup he can find in some levels, not a technique he knows, or an item he holds. This website states that the Falcon's Eye technique allows Ryu to stop the flow of time before loosing an arrow. It might be an exaggeration however. Time only seems to slow down when he aims with the bow and its probably just a way of saying he's increasing his perception speed.

Duplication (Can summon a phantom double of himself, which will follow all of his movements and mimic his actions as a result)
Iirc this is a temporary powerup he doesn't have with him all the time so it should be removed

Power Mimicry (Ryu has also gained the ability to assume the powers, abilities, and form of anyone he sees, these are some of the arts of Ninpo that Ryu has mastered completely, Ryu is able to make himself immune to everything whilst casting Ninpo)
I'm not gonna lie, I think everything here is completely made up

Resurrection (Is able to tap into his guardian animal spirit "Hayabusa Spirit", that resurrects Ryu after he dies. Via Talisman of Rebirth)
Talisman of Rebirth will go under Equipment, but no I don't think he can tap into this spirit, its not his technique

Resistance to Life-Force Absorption (Was still fine when the Sword of Chaos attacked him. The Sword of Chaos has been stated to suck up the life force)
The sword has to be stabbed into you before it starts draining your life force, Ryu did not resist that

The Hayabusa Spirit grants Time Stop (Can stop the flow of time)
No idea where this is from

Last edited:
I'm about to head into work so can't check everything rn, but would the power ups found across levels be any different than what's allowed for videogame characters when finding these things?

I'm about to head into work so can't check everything rn, but would the power ups found across levels be any different than what's allowed for videogame characters when finding these things?
Well we would have to give Ryu a temporary powerup key and it would literally just be 2 abilities

I don't think a "power up" key is bad yeah. Sonic has one, albeit obviously with way more power ups.

To see what I mean, go to "powers and abilities" and click "optional equipment"

Will probably finish the Ryu rework within the next two months, so I'll start discussing removals now

I'm not sure if that's actually a feat. He probably already knows where to go, and this "6th sense" is just a game mechanic that focuses the camera on the next location. Here's a better feat - Ryu could sense a monster right before it attacked Rachel even though it was silent and hidden behind a wall

This is not a feat for Ryu. he doesn't have control over the falcon. He can heal via consumables

I believe him looking almost invisible is a game mechanic, its probably there so the player knows Ryu can't be seen. I think it would be weird if he had the ability to turn invisible but only in a smoke filled area

This is a powerup he can find in some levels, not a technique he knows, or an item he holds. This website states that the Falcon's Eye technique allows Ryu to stop the flow of time before loosing an arrow. It might be an exaggeration however. Time only seems to slow down when he aims with the bow and its probably just a way of saying he's increasing his perception speed.

Iirc this is a temporary powerup he doesn't have with him all the time so it should be removed

Talisman of Rebirth will go under Equipment, but no I don't think he can tap into this spirit, its not his technique

The sword has to be stabbed into you before it starts draining your life force, Ryu did not resist that

Looks good to me.

I don't think a "power up" key is bad yeah. Sonic has one, albeit obviously with way more power ups.

To see what I mean, go to "powers and abilities" and click "optional equipment"
Okay, I'll mention a power up tabber for Ryu in the CRT

I don't care for deep diving WO unless the cross scaling was accepted on site, which it isn't and I don't think there's sufficient evidence to argue it unfortunately

I don't care for deep diving WO unless the cross scaling was accepted on site, which it isn't and I don't think there's sufficient evidence to argue it unfortunately
Didn’t others cross scale on here before? I don’t really see the issue if you can argue that crossover actually fits in the story.

I'm not sure the statements from the online WO site is enough to 100% say its canon to Ninja Gaiden and DoA as a whole since technically that's only giving a reference for the timeframe the characters were warped to WO as opposed to both sharing a multiverse.
Would be neat and technically that'd give universal scaling even outside of TDS Ryu but I don't see it getting accepted. Wouldn't mind seeing args

Late to reply to the rest of this, but yeah I agree with everything else here.

And on that note, Ninja Gaiden 1-3 are all free for me with Xbox Game Pass 🤔

I'm thinking we may have to split the NES and Modern trilogy. Ryu not knowing Irene in Ninja Gaiden 2 and his father being alive are the main reasons

That just sounds like further confirmation of Low 2-C, "Without the concept of time" does not justify Immeasurable speed by our standards.

Back