• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive discussion

Yeah but it’ll be easier to prove who scales and Ryu should have some abilities of a fiend since his blood is from the Divine Dragons
I don't think it will make proving who scales easier at all and having some of the dragons' blood does not give you the abilities of a fiend, nor is it even important. I think Ryu's marksmanship skills are much more important than this

I don't think it will make proving who scales easier at all and having some of the dragons' blood does not give you the abilities of a fiend, nor is it even important. I think Ryu's marksmanship skills are much more important than this
Regardless but if we’re gonna give Ryu Revisions we have to explain how the Power System works in the Series and Ryu uses a lot more than just Ninpo

That's not all that much and can be explained in 1 medium sized paragraph. If you think we should split the revision into multiple CRTs, maybe we could do that + changing abilities and leave stats for the second CRT

I mean really we just need calcs done
I think what we really need to address that if we accept universal, would we allow any scaling outside of just Ryu
I'm not against a possibility key myself since I think there's sufficient evidence for it

What needs to be calced again?
Ryu surviving this explosion

Bankotsubo storm creation and clearing it away (which does have an off site calc)

Nyotengu cyclone creation (also calced off site here)

Maybe reevaluate which of these lightning feats are acceptable as real lighting and recalc them since they're super old

This doesn't necessarily need a calc, but I'm curious what results Gurdu and Vigoor causing all the seas to dry up and come back into existence would get.

We should also discuss if Yaiba is usable on this site since this calc exists

Bankotsubo storm creation and clearing it away (which does have an off site calc)

Maybe reevaluate which of these lightning feats are acceptable as real lighting and recalc them since they're super old

This doesn't necessarily need a calc, but I'm curious what results Gurdu and Vigoor causing all the seas to dry up and come back into existence would get.

First one is worth calcing because I don't think the Tier 2 stuff is definite for now (haven't gotten to Sigma 2). The second and third likely don't scale to physicals because they don't use UES I think. Does Ryu even move fast in comparison to Yaiba using his Bloodlust mode?

First one is worth calcing because I don't think the Tier 2 stuff is definite for now (haven't gotten to Sigma 2). The second and third likely don't scale to physicals because they don't use UES I think. Does Ryu even move fast in comparison to Yaiba using his Bloodlust mode?
Ninpo is consistently used interchangeably with physical attacks and since Ninpo attacks still generate physical force in the form of explosions, it's still can scale to striking strength and durability via that even outside of shared energy systems. And there are Ninpo arts that enhance physical strength iirc, which may double as a moot point.

Ninpo is consistently used interchangeably with physical attacks and since Ninpo attacks still generate physical force in the form of explosions, it's still can scale to striking strength and durability via that even outside of shared energy systems. And there are Ninpo arts that enhance physical strength iirc, which may double as a moot point.
When I said I think they don't use UES I meant they don't use Ninpo

I'm gonna start listing some stuff now, to prove that progress has been made in the revisions. I got some of these scans from a friend who doesn't use this forum so shoutout to him

Cosmology/Concepts
Ryu's resistances
  • Basic elemental attacks can be survived in gameplay, like fire and electricity. This should be enough for giving him Ice Manipulation resistance
  • Possibly Soul Manipulation? Humans turned into fiends will lose their soul, but greater Fiends still have a soul. Ryu was turned into a Fiend in Ninja Gaiden 1, but it seems like his soul still remained. Whether or not this is because he resisted the corruption which removes your soul or because greater Fiends simply don't get their soul removed is unclear. I don't even know if Ryu was considered a greater Fiend at the time. From what I remember, fiends become mindless monsters but Ryu didn't. Maybe its also a resistance to Mind Manipulation?
I really need someone else to go through the story of Ninja Gaiden 1 (the modern one) again to help me with this

The Dimensional ship from nes needs to be calculated too

I'm gonna start listing some stuff now, to prove that progress has been made in the revisions. I got some of these scans from a friend who doesn't use this forum so shoutout to him

Cosmology/Concepts
Ryu's resistances
  • Basic elemental attacks can be survived in gameplay, like fire and electricity. This should be enough for giving him Ice Manipulation resistance
  • Possibly Soul Manipulation? Humans turned into fiends will lose their soul, but greater Fiends still have a soul. Ryu was turned into a Fiend in Ninja Gaiden 1, but it seems like his soul still remained. Whether or not this is because he resisted the corruption which removes your soul or because greater Fiends simply don't get their soul removed is unclear. I don't even know if Ryu was considered a greater Fiend at the time. From what I remember, fiends become mindless monsters but Ryu didn't. Maybe its also a resistance to Mind Manipulation?
I really need someone else to go through the story of Ninja Gaiden 1 (the modern one) again to help me with this
Oh shit, mans been cooking

Does anyone own any of the modern Ninja Gaiden games? I need someone to look at weapon descriptions, not all of them are on the wiki.

I've seen this guy's Ninja Gaiden/DoA timeline vids. Pretty interesting stuff. This is why I'm wondering how we'll handle NIOH and WO since there's decent evidence those are canon
There doesn't seem to be anything in Nioh that is worth mentioning on Ryu's profile

I'm trying to find screenshots of descriptions of Art of the Piercing Void. The NG Wiki says this, but I have the feeling this isn't pulled from the game

A Ninpo that allows the caster to control and project gravity.

Simply put, this Ninpo allows the caster to project a black hole. Its angle of effect is quite narrow, but this serves to concentrate its destructive power, creating a devastating projectile that can penetrate through multiple targets before dissipating. This penetrating ability is the biggest appeal of the Art of the Piercing Void.
This Ninpo focuses the telekinetic energy created by the centripetal vibrations of the caster’s lower dantian (Ki focal point), then directs the shape of the energy using gravitational waves propagated by the caster’s conscious spirit. This creates a gravitational abnormality, forming a rotating black hole trapped inside a repulsing spiritual force field. Because this force field is somewhat permeable, extreme fluctuations of space-time occur near the surface of the Ninpo projectile that pulverize any nearby living matter.

Found some information about the Dragon Sword in NG 2 Guide Book
IMG_5052.png

Back