• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The gap is probably small enough for Ikki to hurt Nico with Rasetsu. But how does Ikki deal with the Stygian Iron sword making contact with Inetsu?

The real cal howard said:
The gap is probably small enough for Ikki to hurt Nico with Rasetsu. But how does Ikki deal with the Stygian Iron sword making contact with Inetsu?
He only gets a single hit, so O don't think that will be long enough

Good point, and given Nico was capable of surviving being tortured in Tartarus, aka hell's hell (that's not a joke), not sure a stamina decrease would ohko.

Holy shit how did I forget that

In that case, phantom form is useless. Pain and willpower of that level is insane

Rasetsu doesn't last longer then a second in any form, he just doesn't pass out immediately in this one.

Then why are you asking if Ikki only has one hit? Because what else can Ikki do outside of Rasetsu? Hit a 6C with Low 7B attacks and hope they do something?

If his death hax isn't in character Ikki just attacks once, sees he can't damage him, then death hax yeets him.

Hordes? Not really a problem, he has fought armies before. Watch him jump on their heads.

Where as Nico can just get trackless step'd.

And precog is also there for good measure against any attempt to kill him.

Now the battle has truly begun.

Trackless Step is useless as it's stated since the first book that demigod's ADHD hardwires their brains differently to make them more fit for battle.

It means they don't have gaps in consciousness when it comes to battle. They divert all their attention to fights, which takes a toll on their everyday lives, as the attention is taken away from that.

That doesn't really prove lack of unconsciousness/perceives 100% of what they see. I can be totally focused in a fight doesn't mean i do perceive everything during a fight.

" That's your battlefield reflexes. In a real fight, they'd keep you alive. As for the attention problems, that's because you see too much, Percy, not too little."

Besides, trackless step specifically targets the gaps of consciousness that normal people have...well, has in his verse. Ikki has no idea how to use the ability if someone's mental patterns are different.

That has nothing to do with unconsciousness. He sees a lot, he pays attention to a lot of stuff, doesn't mean his brain doesn't dismiss some info.

His brain does dismiss info. Info not related to battle. Which Ikki is. And he can't slip into the subconscious of that. Tbh it should be a weakness to Rakudai characters that their brains dismiss info like that because that straight up forms happen irl

Ok but where does it say that when in a battle he will not dismiss anything at all from his brain. Even the pebble lying on the ground or those grains of dust.

Besides, trackless step specifically targets the gaps of consciousness that normal people have...well, has in his verse. Ikki has no idea how to use the ability if someone's mental patterns are different.
That would be a good point, but ikki says "humans are just animals"

"Let's see, humans are nothing more than animals, and like a machine they can't process all the tiny details that they see and hear, and the brain certainly can't consciously recognize all of those sights and sounds.

It's not limited to just humans. So you'd have to prove these guys' brains work differently.

Yeah no, their ADHD is not making them take in all information possible. Trackless step should work.

Also, there was a crt to downgrade demigods... which went through, and they are supposed to be 7-C, but no-one bothered updating the profiles.

I explicitly posted a quote where it says they overtake information, Risci. No it wouldn't. Unless "your brain takes too much information" means something different now.

They're in revision hell.

And Earl, the first paragraph of this post. And the problem is...Ikki's wrong. I can't find something to prove they ca do that simply because nobody would need to write something like that, as the human mind can do exactly what Ikki said it couldn't.

Firephoenixearl said:
Ok but where does it say that when in a battle he will not dismiss anything at all from his brain. Even the pebble lying on the ground or those grains of dust.
Where does it say that Ikki's as perceptible as grains of sand?

Taking in too much and all information are two wholly different things Cal. They still ignore plenty background objects and white noise.

And not revision hell. At least the ones I was in was finished, Kép accepted it, and no-one updated the stuff.

And no, human brains are incapable of taking in all possible information. There is always something tuned out.

Hell, the sand grains that are stuck to ones' eyes are also tuned out by default, for exemple, despite becoming potentially visible.

Because that's what you were comparing it to.
That's what it would mean to "take in all the information". Literally register every single thing in your line of sight.

Not that Ikki cannot do that, but just saying "why does it matter what ikki can do? This ain't ikki, it's Nico".

His eyes could see the hairs on Stella's cheek despite the distance between them.

His ears could accurately distinguish the flow of his own blood.

He understood the flexion of every muscle fiber in his body.

His skin could feel dust blowing against it with such acuity that he could count the specks, as if his nerves were bare.

Yeah Ricsi is right here, I don't think it was ever said that demigods take in every possible bit of information, just far more than a normal human.

Cal wasn't asking what Ikki can perceive but what makes him as perceptible as a grain of sand, as in why would he be comparable to a grain of sand in being difficult to see.

Oh, my bad. Well, he becomes useless information. Here is more info on trackless step:

For example, imagine that there was a man thrusting a gun in front of one's eyes. And that man is obviously showing hostility, and pulling the trigger with his finger. In that kind of situation, just about anyone would have his eyes glued to the muzzle. It would be natural, because it was one's life being threatened. Under that kind of situation, would anyone take heed of the man's earring? Would anyone care who the earring's maker was? There was no way anyone would care. No one would consciously recognize inconsequential information, probably. However, in order to break this Trackless Step, one has to take his eyes from the muzzle and focus on the earring beneath that serious situation.

So basically does this guy focus on the opponent's earing and his maker when he's in a life or death situation?

Though i had forgotten this quote existed, this would make trackless step a pain even for people who have actual computer for brains, since you'd literally need to lack focus or be skilled enough to swap it to neg trackless step

fr doe, like Ric said, Nico should be downgraded along with the other demigods. That was accepted a while ago, but it's just been in revision hell until someone finds a new tier for everyone

There was the 7-C calc for the big three kids and those that scale to them.

Other than that there was the supportive feat of Percy surviving the vulncano, but that was a lot lower due to surface area stuff.

I plan to make a crt in the future, and I think we'll have to differentiate the AP of their powers and their physicals, because the former seem a lot stronger.

Would we need to separate them for all demigods? I can see why we would do so for Leo but the Big Three kids spam their powers all the time in the later books and can physically tango with the people who eat said spam and keep going like Gods, Titans, Giants, other Big Three kids etc

isn't that a measurement of distance

Back