• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New staff promotions

B3B965A0-E3B0-4184-BD33-0D7049270940
Shucks. When I joined the site a little over a year ago, I mainly wrote on another battleboard, and only really used VSBW to find interesting matchups. After dropping in a couple threads and making a few profiles for some verses I liked, I found myself invested in the site, and got into a few intense debates on verses I cared deeply about (honestly, that's probably half of my edits combined with pictures and spellchecks).

Fast forward half a year and I'm asked if I want to act as discussion moderator, which surprised the heck out of me. I accepted, thinking it would be nice to help manage the battle threads, but I'd find myself more and more invested in the system itself. Calculations, rules, how things are ran. Commenting on a few stuff, sharing my opinion and accepting when the site disagreed, my edit count started racking up big time.

Then, at the beggining of this year, I nearly left the site outright due to moving my major to STEM and taking a part-time job, and I was like, "well, better press F for my free time". But I later realized I overreacted, and posting here didn't take out vital time I needed for my classes.

And now I'm here. I hope to help improve the site as an administrator, or at least patrol the site for VPN trolls.

Cheers to another year and a half!

Huh

I just realized I missed my own 3rd anniversary on this site. Strange how time flies...

Back then, I didn't even think about becoming staff. Hell, for all I knew staff were these omnipotent, oppressive heads of the site that I absolutely could not question or comprehend.

Funny that, how the mind shifts over the years. Or how dumb and innocent we are when we are young.

AKM sama said:
I just love how synchronized Dargoo and I are. We both joined at the same time, became discussion mods at the same time, got promoted to admin at the same time.
It's like we're twins ovo
I never realized that, lol.

Starter Pack said:
I love how Dargoo's long post talking about himself got more kudos than AKM's long post congratulating everyone. Ovo

Wok defending human rights beat us both, though

Back