• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Sonic Feats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byvzugaK8gs&feature=youtu.be&t=2m31s

Sonic Colors feat, Sonic runs after Cyan Laser, who was moving as a laser, not only that, Tails himself caught wind of him. Sonic comments that "he's going almost as fast as I am", casually. Keep in mind he only gains some of the power of the wisps when he uses them. Meaning that Sonic was undoubtedly, not only capable of moving to keep up with the laser. He also CAUGHT said laser.

Maybe it's a good feat, maybe it's not but Sonic kept up with the same thing he uses to transform into a laser, and he seems to do so casually. Good reaction and speed feat? You be the judges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBhq72tk70o&feature=youtu.be&t=13m23s

Another casual feat. It is heavily implied that though they may not have the same techniques to one another. Classic Sonic always had the ability to move at a similar speed Modern Sonic was capable of moving at even before at least Sonic 3.

Also, both Sonic's move so fast that their and I quote "When the Sonic's accelerate through time they FIX space, and return color and life!". Unquantifiable probably, but it shows that Sonic is probably much faster than what we have him at.

Next we have this, from the Super Interative Annual 2014 Book, which states that "Sonic runs faster than the speed of light and according to the Guinness Book of records, he is officially the fastest video game character of all time" -
Sonic_annual.jpg
- though where this means that he is in base or Super Form, is unknown.

Kinda makes that Black Hole feat come into perspective. Yeah it was a short time, yet Sonic was capable of outrunning it for a decent period of time, Which should automatically be considered an LS feat. However, the Black Hole was 'stimulated' leading people to say it wasn't a true black hole.

Come on guys, this could literally be what ends the commotion on Sonic's speed once and for all. Especially when there is an official source that says he is "Lightspeed" and the fact that we all agree that the "Color" Laser is an actual "laser".

Isn't he already listed at considerably above lightspeed?

This is for Game Sonic. And it is highly implied for the Guinness Book that he's actually Light Speed in Base. For the Laser feat, he'd done that while in base, and it was implied casual. The Special Running feat for Generations can't be quantified.

The Black Hole feat makes more sense considering he was outrunning it for some time. However, Light can't outrun a Black Hole. So what this probably means is that while running normally, he's LS, when using Light Speed Attack/Dash he's LS+.

Hmm. This seems legitimate. You can upgrade the speed if you wish? But include links to the proof.

Nothing's getting upgraded on Sonic's page as long as it remains locked.

Frankly, I was confused as to why we didn't have him higher, either. Shadow's page lists him as having lightspeed reactions via being able to control his Light Speed Attack. Either the information is wrong, or Sonic and the rest of the characters need to be upgraded from that since Sonic can pull off exactly the same move.

Then somebody unlock this crap. We have the feats, we have the opportunity. Let's make Sonic a badass and boost up these reactions. What's better Generations implies Sonic was always LS. I already stated that multiple times, no one likes to listen though, cause it's Sonic or something, we argue this crap too much.

I will unlock Sonic & Knuckles. Please tell me here when you are done.

Should I unlock any other pages for this?

I'll let Uncle do it if he wishes, I'm trying to do some homework right now, if Uncle doesn't do it, I'll do it when I'm back.

I changed it making sure that it was all explained and shown. That's all you guys have to do man, make sure all the pieces of evidence you have are shown so you don't hear a peep out of anyone. Sonic Colors finally showed how fast Sonic was, the Super Interactive Book can be taken as a legitimate source. And the Black Hole was ever expanding and only stopped by the Wisps. Probably gonna still hear those peeps, but in my opinion, Sonic is as fast as he needs to be, because, Super Sonic is his go to Super Form to increase to Faster Than Light levels, and he just showed in the Black Hole feat that he wasn't Faster Than Light otherwise he wouldn't have been caught by the Black Hole, as theoretically, anything FTL should be capable of escaping a Black Hole if they have the traits that allow them to do so (Sonic had a platform to run on, and his speed). Super Sonic is FTL+, what we need are more feats that make him faster than that but those are few and far between (trust me, I've been looking).

It's cool, go check out the pages I did and see if I made any mistakes just in case. Lol.

Can Blaze be scaled to this as well, considering she can rival Sonic in speed and fought him to a standstill?

Yep. She should be comparable to at least Sonic's speed and Lightspeed reflexes. Though Sonic is still "faster" than she is.

Okay. I'll edit her page shortly. Sonic is indeed still faster than her, and it even shows in Sonic Rush, where he is slightly faster than her in gameplay. She should still have equal reaction speed, however.

Done. Can the rest of the top-tiers (Knuckles, Silver, Shadow) be scaled to this as well? They've all fought on relatively equal footing with Sonic before.

Way ahead of you. I made Knuckles comparable to Tails (Relativistic) with Knuckles having better reactions due to being the better fighter. But he does still get speed blitzed by Sonic, and he was called "easily read" in Sonic Battle, so I gave him Relativistic+ reflexes, going by the little context clues I found.

What about Silver? His page was locked the last time I checked, so I doubt you aready edited it, but he is apparently a rival to Sonic like Shadow.

He is, his Psychokinesis is his main hax for him. Also don't forget to say that Blaze is only a "little bit slower" than Sonic is.

You mean edit her profile to add that? I don't think there's any need; she may be slower than Sonic, but only by a tiny margin, not enough to say she's not at least Lightspeed.

I'll have to ask one of the admins to unlock Silver's profile so I can change it.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that she is Lightspeed through and through, but she's still slightly slower than Sonic is.

I trust you, otherwise I wouldn't ask you to make sure I didn't screw up. I know your passion on Sonic correctness at least.

im just gonna throw this this out there, but if sonic is the speed of light, then how fast does that make Eggman? since in the first three games atleast, when sonic catches up to eggman he always gets away, sometimes on FOOT! so either sonics speed is overly exaggerated(which is what i believe, see TheGameTheorist on youtube for the Vid) or he really doesnt want to catch eggman. that's stuff you can't overlook.

the Game Theorists who were clearly wrong as they did get debunked a number of times

also that Eggman running thing is clealy not legit

iv'e looked at a couple vidoes debunking TheGameTheorists,(hey it happens) and i agree matpat oveerlooked some things however while the one person was able to prove he could break the sound barrier and go mach 3. i couldn't find any that showed him traveling at the speed of light which would equal 340.29 mach speed. and as for the arguement of making him run his true speed would make sonic unplayable (which i agree) they could have had a situation where when he runs time 'slows down'(which you could just say they didn't think of that in which case, fare enough it's still a good thought though) and as for the 'Neon Lasers' as there called, the game they appeared in does not actually show them moving at that speed as 'laser' could very easily just be a name rather than a characteristics.

Davy0 posted evidence that cleary shows the Cyan Wisps moving light speed as a laser as they did show the properities of a laser

also he has multiple WOG statements that he was Lightspeed or FTL

you my friend are looking into gamplay mechanics too much and not the actual feats

tails says exactly "cyan laser flies you through the air at blinding speeds" he does not say LIGHT speed infact i could not find any mention that the cyan travels light speed. also in the beginning sonic manages to catch it stating it was almost as fast as him, then after, sonic wonders how much faster he'll be able to go, making it clear along with what tails said that his Laser form is faster than the cyan itself thus debunking that the cyan can move at the speed of a laser, as both cannot possibly travel at the speed of light if one is faster than the other thus throws the science of that game out the window... your turn.

The laser reflects off prisms to travel. It only moves in a straight line while doing so. Light reflecting off prisms is a hint at it being a laser, as Sega actually DID ITS HOMEWORK on how a laser works. Keep going though.

that still doesn't explain how the nyan wisp can travel at the speed of light, then make sonic even faster while still being claimed as the speed of light.

im still hoping they make a game with the "slow perspective" thing cause that would be cool. (PS, this is not an arguement...i just want it to happen one day)

I really want to slap whoever said that Sonic is the "fastest video game character of all time." Even given this, Meta Knight still flies circles around Sonic. It's like they wanted to give Sonic a world record but couldn't say anything good about his sales so they just pulled something they thought no one would object to out of their bums.

Back