• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Me and a friend are currently engaging in discourse in regards to how Null Space functions. So I wanted to come here in search of answers to help come to a conclusion.

I am under the impression that it nullifies/prevents travel to and from it because it was explicitly created by Eggman as an inescapable trap for Sonic whom was unable to escape it despite having Dimensional Travel (On Sonic's page), in addition to Tails transceivers being unable to reach Sonic while in Null Space which can communicate with Sonic across dimensions. Which falls in line with Eggman's statement that it is closed off from all dimensions. Thus why Sonic couldn't use Dimensional Travel to escape (Without being amped by Double Boost) or Tails couldn't communicate with Sonic despite having interdimensional transceivers. In addition, we see when Sonic escapes the first time (Linked earlier), we can see Null Space on Earth the same way we did when Sonic was sucked in. Granted you could maybe argue it's a portal/gateway to Null Space. But one thing that I think further proves it exists inside the Universe is that after chasing Eggman into Null Space and defeating Eggman with an overclocked Phantom Ruby (The thing that sustains Null Space), Null Space falls apart, and we see earth in the background of Null Space falling apart, driving me to believe that throughout the duration of the boss fight, Null Space was on earth (Located in the same spot the fight started given the background). Otherwise upon falling apart, they would've ended up stranded in an empty void.

They are under the impression that Null Space is unreachable due to its position in the cosmology because it is more simple to assume that its position in the cosmology makes it inescapable & unreachable (Occam's razor), and thus would be an issue of range (With it being sealed off from other dimensions meaning it's separate from them). Not Dimensional Travel Negation or other esoteric sealing hax. Thus why Tails transceivers were unable to reach Sonic. In dispute to my first example of escaping null space they say "for the first one, I think that it is just a case of them dimensional traveling back, opening a portal back to their reality as they break through null space" and the second "For the second one, I say that the same thing as the first for the trio of heroes doing the triple boost, as for Eggman, I say that we don't enough information about what happened with Eggman after that fight to say where he ended up, he could have ended up on Earth directly afterwards, he could have been stranded in the multiverse and then came back for the whole Mr. tinkerer dilemma, point being, we don't have enough information to deduce one way or the other, making the point kind of moot".

(The reason their points lack scans is because their points are all in reference to mine. All the scans to their points are already linked in MY part of the argument. Make sure to read every scan to understand their argument in its entirety)

To shorten both sides:

I believe Null Space is located within Sonic's universe (If not, within the Phantom Ruby itself), and simply nullifies means of dimensional travel/interdimensional communication since it's design to be sealed off from all dimensions and be inescapable (Meant to seal Sonic away with no means of escape or communication).

They believe Null Space doesn't nullify dimensional travel/communication, but instead exists outside Sonic's cosmology, and thus they lack the range to reach Sonic. With Sonic not having the range to return to Earth due to its position. With that seeming to be the interpretation with less assumptions.

What do you all believe would be the correct consensus?

Last edited:
Back