• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We don't know if Sonic "tanked" the explosion or not. Especially since he absorbed some of the Prism power. Plus there's definitively inconsistencies in scaling Sonic to the full Prism when he loses to people who use a fraction of it.
I think there’s validation in scaling Sonic to the prism.

Sonic lost to Giant Eggman and needed the power of the Prism. If he was as strong as it, that wouldn't be needed.
you know that the explosion was not the prism full power, it was just the result of it being destroyed, it doesn't have to be its limit, specially when nothing says or indicates that it is

And no, he didn't "tank" it. Otherwise his friends- who scale to him- would've as well. And Shadow wouldn't need to dodge it as well.
they also tanked it, but contrary to sonic, they were affected by its reality warp after effect of the explosion, btw, his friends being comparable or not hold no back against the fact that he indeed tanked it

Then why is the Paradox Prism AP if all it did was split the characters? It just feels like hax, then. There's no proof it's an AP feat if even the regular NPC characters tanked it.

Then why is the Paradox Prism AP if all it did was split the characters? It just feels like hax, then. There's no proof it's an AP feat if even the regular NPC characters tanked it.
That’s the thing, The Paradox Prism was stated to have destroyed the universe I think the scaling to 2-C comes from that. It’s just ambiguous whether or not the characters took the fallout of the destruction like in Generations which is the issue here. If that got confirmed or elaborated on that would put the nail in the coffin.

the prism destroyed the universe with an explosion, that much is shown and stated to us, it having reality warping mixed into the explosion doesn't disqualify the literal explosion that happened

It "destroyed" the universe because it split the universe into several. We see Green Hill in Season 2 just fine.

You can't scale Sonic to 2-C of a feat supposedly "everyone" tanked, according to your own points.

Maybe a possibly 2-C rating could be fine. I disagree with Immeasurable speed though. I cannot imagine Eggman being that fast in human form (even though for some reason his running speed for the Classic Era is only Superhuman)

That seems more of a biproduct of the Prism itself shattering than Sonic. Especially when Sonic and the others are consistently shown as not being able to handle Nine's created beings with the Paradox Prism and losing to them repeatably.
So to explain my points here:
  • Sonic was amped for the entire show and was generating a constant increase of power when he ran, since he had a notable portion of the Paradox Prism's power inside of him after he touched the crystal. Its why he could do all those things and why Nine required his energy to finish the Prism
  • The shards alone are only Low 2-C, they'd collectively be 2-C, since each shard allows a different shatter space to exist
  • Extending to the void isn't a 2-C feat, since as Shadow says Sonic is just thinning the barrier between the universe and the void.
  • The last point of evidence is circular scaling
I do think its more evidence for Low 2-C and he probably needs a 2-C key since he was fully empowered by the Paradox Prism, but I don't think base Sonic would be Low 2-C. Though I'm not completely against it since Nine's charged blast could be blocked by his shields, but I feel there's more against it than for it.

Like with the other mods I'm not for Immeasurable speed base Sonic.

That seems more of a biproduct of the Prism itself shattering than Sonic. Especially when Sonic and the others are consistently shown as not being able to handle Nine's created beings with the Paradox Prism and losing to them repeatably.

So to explain my points here:
  • Sonic was amped for the entire show and was generating a constant increase of power when he ran, since he had a notable portion of the Paradox Prism's power inside of him after he touched the crystal. Its why he could do all those things and why Nine required his energy to finish the Prism
  • The shards alone are only Low 2-C, they'd collectively be 2-C, since each shard allows a different shatter space to exist
  • Extending to the void isn't a 2-C feat, since as Shadow says Sonic is just thinning the barrier between the universe and the void.
  • The last point of evidence is circular scaling
I do think its more evidence for Low 2-C and he probably needs a 2-C key since he was fully empowered by the Paradox Prism, but I don't think base Sonic would be Low 2-C. Though I'm not completely against it since Nine's charged blast could be blocked by his shields, but I feel there's more against it than for it.

Like with the other mods I'm not for Immeasurable speed base Sonic.
This CRT was kinda put on hold for now, We need to wait till prime finishes

Or so the people here wanted to do so

As long as it’s open I actually think this is evidence for 2-C base. It shows Sonic’s universe is a macrocosm and currently base Sonic is scaled to the Chaos Emeralds being able to move his universe entirely into Blaze’s.

Now that the show is over, I don’t think Sonic should scale to the Paradox Prism either due to the fact Sonic couldn't even survive in the Shatterspace without the Prism's energy, and Nine could overwhelm the entire cast with using a portion of the Prism's powers (Prismatic Sonic can scale, tho).

However there are arguments Sonic would be 2-C in general due to the universe pre-Prime actually being a macrosm that got divided into 5 separate universes. However, you could argue that's just the Prism's hax, which is why I am not super sure on it.

The one timestream was big enough to support five timestreams that were all still universe sized.
It's not one timestream, since the universes could be erased completely without effecting the others. The timestream just split into five others after the Prism broke and Sonic's was repaired afterwards. In totality it's 2-C, but Sonics universe itself is just Low 2-C on its own.

It's not one timestream, since the universes could be erased completely without effecting the others. The timestream just split into five others after the Prism broke and Sonic's was repaired afterwards. In totality it's 2-C, but Sonics universe itself is just Low 2-C on its own.
Isn’t that just proving Sonic’s universe is 2-C? It has enough space to create 5 Low 2-C spaces and enough leftover for a void of eternal darkness.

Isn’t that just proving Sonic’s universe is 2-C?
No, since Sonic's world floated in the same void as a seperate space-time. Before the prism shattered there was presumably just the Void and Sonic's world. After it shattered you had four other realms + the Ghost.

Shatterspace in its totality is 2-C, but the individual realms are Low 2-C.

Just a reminder that each Shatterspace has a different flow of time (as seen in Season 1 when Sonic leaves New Yolk and then weeks pass there before he comes back).

Back