• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Considerations for Tiers 10-A and 9-C? Boundaries?

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
Just a heads up for all reading: this is a little bit of a debate-worthy topic and some of what I am going to say could unintentionally invoke bad feelings. So be cautious when reading. Thank you.

So most people would fall into the realm of reality and we'd all sit at 10-B. However as some of us here are aware we aren't all nerds with neckbeards and beer guts, and thankfully we can acknowledge this untrue stereotype. Many users (and visitors) here are actual athletes, practioners of martial arts (shameless self-promotion), and body builders. Heck, some people are just naturally more gifted in their body than others, such as those that are abnormally tall, heavy, strong, thick and so on.

Most of these people would be great considerations and examples of what it would take for one to be above average for a person, correct? So I'd say a football player (likely a linebacker), most black belts, or that guy who looks twice your size at the gym are more than likely to fit into the 10-A category. But how much further would someone have to ascend to become 9-C? A combination of traits like extreme strength, fighting skills, durability, experience, and knowledge in general? Like this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariusz_Pudzianowski ? Or would that be too exaggerated of an example? Or is he more like a High 10-A?

This also makes me wonder other kinds of people who could qualify for Street level. For example: Most physically fit soldiers or police, high degree black belts, extremely gifted individuals, and those skilled in using weapons, perhaps?

Let me know what you all think about this, because I think the lines are too blurred and I've asked many people about this and would like a more concise answer than the vague Tier decription can offer.

Street level involves anything that can kill a fit man with one blow, as I understand it. May include the strongest martial artists (black belts aren't enough) or animals such as large cats.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Street level involves anything that can kill a fit man with one blow, as I understand it. May include the strongest martial artists (black belts aren't enough) or animals such as large cats.
This is not mentioned in the description for the Tier, nor have I found anything supporting this statement in the past.

Is this just laymen's terms? I mean you did say "as I understand it".

It's completely opinionated. Probably the best way to know for sure is to calculate it. Or look for superhuman feats too unimpressive to be wall level but is clearly above the norm.

TheMightyRegulator said:
It's completely opinionated. Probably the best way to know for sure is to calculate it. Or look for superhuman feats too unimpressive to be wall level but is clearly above the norm.
I really just want us to have this on a concise or near-realistic level.

For something to be that good, but better than the norm? Hmm, a couple of feats such as:

-Snapping or breaking something of solid metal into two

-Flipping or tossing heavy objects casually (but not very far)

-Kicking a locked and/or bolted door down

-Taking on several high level fighters at once (multiple black belts/soldiers?) in hand to hand combat

Well the thing is there is no universal standard for a black belt in martial arts. A black belt could be as peak human as they get or a complete fraud like this guy. One really cannot say that a black belt would have to be peak human or couldn;t be peak human. It's more of a case by case basis and the martial artist having to prove what they are truly capable of.

Ryukama said:
Well the thing is there is no universal standard for a black belt in martial arts. A black belt could be as peak human as they get or a complete fraud like this guy. One really cannot say that a black belt would have to be peak human or couldn;t be peak human. It's more of a case by case basis and the martial artist having to prove what they are truly capable of.
Of course, I was talking about officially recognized (and let's assume fit) black belts. No crazy arts can really count either.

Kenpo, Judo, TKD, BJJ are all very viable and reliable, and I guess there's no belt standard I know of in this one, but krav maga is a serious art, that with training, according to wikipedia: "training is not limited to techniques that avoid severe injury; some are even intended to permanently injure or cause death to the opponent"

Sounds like it could qualify for 9-C.

@Soy I agree. However none of those arts, while legitamate forms of self defense, have universal standards (BJJ is as close as it gets in that regard) So we can't just say one would be peak human without them showing what they can do. But yeah a legitamate praticioner of any of the arts you stated could qualify for peak human.

Ryukama said:
@Soy I agree. However none of those arts, while legitamate forms of self defense, have universal standards (BJJ is as close as it gets in that regard) So we can't just say one would be peak human without them showing what they can do. But yeah a legitamate praticioner of any of the arts you stated could qualify for peak human.
Could, but they'd have to work hard for it.

TheMightyRegulator said:
2 and 3, athletes can do so.
1. Depends.

4. Maybe. As Ryu says it's reviewed on a case by case basis.
I'll be more specific for 1, since 2 & 3 were vague.

Say a standard steel bar 1/5" thick to about 1/2" thick.

Back