• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also when watching the clip I noticed Azmuth said that Malware “could not just mimic tech, it [becomes] him”. Does that imply Malware can merge with stuff too or is Azmuth just saying tech absorption is a more powerful ability?

If it’s saying that Malware can also merge with stuff the way an ordinary Mechamorph can, then wouldn’t Malware’s moon feat apply to that ability rather than absorption?

Bump I guess, although idk if this’ll matter anymore with how that other thread is going. Guess we could still discuss the nature of the feat or propose giving Upgrade a 199x amp with merging, but with how the other thread is progressing the main purpose of this thread is probably null now.

Bump I guess, although idk if this’ll matter anymore with how that other thread is going. Guess we could still discuss the nature of the feat or propose giving Upgrade a 199x amp with merging, but with how the other thread is progressing the main purpose of this thread is probably null now.
The Absolute Upgrade thread?

When Azmuth retells their origins we’re shown some Galvanic Mechamorphs merging with a small structure in order to upgrade it into the tower that the Helix is held in
That was a rock, not technology. Prove merging with non-technological things strengthens their AP.

If it’s saying that Malware can also merge with stuff the way an ordinary Mechamorph can, then wouldn’t Malware’s moon feat apply to that ability rather than absorption?
He used the Helix to blow it up so it scales to the Helix, which he absorbed in that moment.

That was a rock, not technology. Prove merging with non-technological things strengthens their AP.
1. It wasn’t just a rock, it was covered with the same metallic material that covers the rest of the planet.

2. My interpretation is that everything about Galvan B is cybernetic in some way following Azmuth’s experiment, as the Mechamorphs and Malware merging with fully-organic stuff at all doesn’t really line up with how their powers are established to work.

3. Them merging with the rock causes it to turn into a massive tower, showing they upgraded it. Even if it was just a normal rock with nothing special, that simply means Mechamorphs can (for some reason) upgrade rocks the same way they can upgrade technology.

He used the Helix to blow it up so it scales to the Helix, which he absorbed in that moment.
Oh no I’m not trying to give the Mechamorphs any AP upgrades or anything (not like it’ll matter since most of the verse scales above that feat now), just saying that if Malware merged with Galvan B because of merging and not absorption then that’s another case of that ability being used to merge with the rocky parts of Galvan B.

1. It wasn’t just a rock, it was covered with the same metallic material that covers the rest of the planet.
Still not tech

2. My interpretation is that everything about Galvan B is cybernetic in some way following Azmuth’s experiment, as the Mechamorphs and Malware merging with fully-organic stuff at all doesn’t really line up with how their powers are established to work.
1) Humungousaur was starting to get absorbed by Malware. 2) refer to the “merging with the same material they are made out of” point.

3. Them merging with the rock causes it to turn into a massive tower, showing they upgraded it. Even if it was just a normal rock with nothing special, that simply means Mechamorphs can (for some reason) upgrade rocks the same way they can upgrade technology.
Or they just shapeshifted?

Actually now that I think about it, where does the interpretation that Upgrade gets stronger when he merges with tech come from?

merging and not absorption
Mimicry =/= absorption/merging (you need to absorb or get absorbed by stuff to merge with it, duh)

Still not tech
I mean tbh does it really matter if it’s tech or not? Obviously I personally believe it is given it’s made of pretty much the same stuff as the Mechamorphs themselves, but even if it isn’t then that simply means Mechamorphs can merge with stuff outside of tech. If anything it makes my argument easier since then I don’t have to prove certain stuff is tech in order for the Mechamorphs to reasonably be able to affect it.

Or they just shapeshifted?
They merged with an average-sized rock and then turned it into a giant tower, that seems more like upgrading it to me.

Actually now that I think about it, where does the interpretation that Upgrade gets stronger when he merges with tech come from?
Tbh most if the time they don’t really confirm if he did or didn’t power up the thing he merged with, however there are some instances where he’s shown to make the stuff he merges with stronger in some way (e.g Kevin’s Car in OTTO Motives, Clockwork in It’s a Mad, Mad Ben World and arguably Rex during Heroes United).

Mimicry =/= absorption/merging (you need to absorb or get absorbed by stuff to merge with it, duh)
I’m not really sure what this is meant to mean? All I’m saying is that if Malware used the regular Mechamorph ability to merge with Galvan B, then him being merged with the rocks that fell onto Galvan Mk. II shows that Mechamorphs can also merge with the rocks of Galvan B.

Back