• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New 52 Flash's speed

I'm making a New 52 Flash profile but his speed is kinda inconsistent. In the beginning of the N52 Flash comics he broke the time barrier twice and did go beyond light speed on other occasions. Also in the beginning of the N52 Justice League comics he effortlessly dodged Superman's attacks. But deeper into the Flash comics he shows to do run at a slower speed. For example one time it took him 4 minutes and 13 seconds to build up kinetic energy to go across like 7,000 miles. What level of speed would I put him at?

I'm not really sure since I'm not a big comic book reader, but if he goes beyond light speeds before and suddenly in a later comic it took 4 minutes for him to build up to go accross 7000 miles. It's just an inconsisteny. It depends how fast he is shown most of the time.

Well... I remember a comic where superman struggles to lift buildings from Post-Crisis DC. So feats in comics have ALWAYS been inconsistent.

Regardless, isn't flash supposed to be faster than Supes in these main Justice League comics? IF that is so, than the FTL speed seems... reasonable.

RouninOtaku said:
But Supes is MFTL+, I don't see Barry being slower than Supes.
You talking about flight speed or combat? Superman flying to pluto in short time is legit, while the universe feat is considered outlier

The universe feat is an outlier from what I can tell. It's absurd even on the boundaries of Supes's from other universes, imo (Tier 1 Supermen not included).

But yes, Flash SHOULD be faster than Superman, Pluto feat included.

@Matt

What about Pre-Crisis Superman crossing the universe in seconds and the multiverse in minutes?

The Everlasting said:
@Matt
What about Pre-Crisis Superman crossing the universe in seconds and the multiverse in minutes?
Double Outlier. Oh wait this isn't DB?

Carry on.

The Everlasting said:
@Matt
Pre-Crisis Superman can shoot mini Superman that have the same power as he has from his fingers.

Well, just because Superman has MFTL+ flight speed, does not automatically classify him as MFTL+ movement speed. Or at least I don't remember seeing him display anything remotely approaching that scale. And power-scaling for DC characters is generally iffy due to ridiculous levels of inconsistency. However, it would be extremely strange if the Flash does not have greater movement speed than Superman.

I could be wrong but doesn't Superman's flight work by manipulating time-space around him? Could've sworn I read that in a feats thread.

No Superman's does fly by bending space around him, but we don't know if that's the same reason he flies in New 52

Back