• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animated Movie Flash Speed Question

I was wondering, on the Flash Animated Movie profile, it is said that his speed is Immeasurable because he can time travel, I mean, I think it would make sense in the comics because at some point it said his speed was incalculable or something like that.

But in the movies from what I remember, is that speed alone is not really enough to time travel but to get the necessary Speed Force, and because both him and Reverse Flash existing in the same timeline, they can't escape the Flashpoint timeline as there isn't enough to share (Though there was Suicide Squad Hell to Pay but that was more PIS as Flash was still there).

Like For example,
  1. Flash would be pushing his limits in his first attempt and failed.
  2. but then technically tried again a second time from the context of RF while having a wounded leg.
  3. But then succeeded the third time despite having the injured leg as too.
I guess what my overall question from all this is, would it still be considered immeasurable speed even though there is an external factor like SF to help you time travel?

Yeah, I think it might just be Time Travel here simply being able to run through time shouldn't grant Immeasurable speed unless there is context that they can do it casually.

Yeah, I think it might just be Time Travel here simply being able to run through time shouldn't grant Immeasurable speed unless there is context that they can do it casually.
Thanks, finding immeasurable speed feats can be difficult to gage when comparing certain examples of characters you come to know.

I don't know what the Speed Force is, but if it is a genuine external factor and not (from what it sounds like) a means of speed amplification, then yeah, I would agree that it is not Immeasurable.

I don't know what the Speed Force is, but if it is a genuine external factor and not (from what it sounds like) a means of speed amplification, then yeah, I would agree that it is not Immeasurable.
They never really clarified the explanation in the movies but to sum it up in a simple explanation as I am not a deep flash comic lore expert but it is basically a extra dimension of infinite kinetic energy where speedsters such as the flash draw their power from.

This is a misunderstanding of what is actually happening. Imagine the Speed Force like a battery, and Barry toy car. If it's just him using the battery (because it's what would normally be happening), he can go at 20 mph. However, Reverse Flash comes in and siphons some of his battery power, which causes him to only be able to go 10 mph. So its not a buff, as much as it is the removal of a negative stimuli. If the Reverse flash weren't there at all, he could've done this the entire movie.

This is a misunderstanding of what is actually happening. Imagine the Speed Force like a battery, and Barry toy car. If it's just him using the battery (because it's what would normally be happening), he can go at 20 mph. However, Reverse Flash comes in and siphons some of his battery power, which causes him to only be able to go 10 mph. So its not a buff, as much as it is the removal of a negative stimuli. If the Reverse flash weren't there at all, he could've done this the entire movie.
Thanks for the contribution, though we do see that Flash was still comparable to Reverse Flash speed when they were fighting, and the former is pretty angry So he would be going all in. And there is the thing with Suicide Squad movie as by that token he shouldn’t be able to escape the timeline either even with Flash there.

Thanks for the contribution, though we do see that Flash was still comparable to Reverse Flash speed when they were fighting, and the former is pretty angry So he would be going all in.
Indeed, they are pretty even; but how does this debunk my point exactly?
And there is the thing with Suicide Squad movie as by that token he shouldn’t be able to escape the timeline either even with Flash there.
Ugh, don't remind me of that movies existence. It makes the whole flashpoint event even harder to explain and understand than it already is. I think what happened was that Reverse Flash just got faster than the flash ever was, and was able to overcome the hurdle of having 2 speed force users in the timeline. But don't quote me on that; it's been a little while since I've watched Hell to Pay.

Indeed, they are pretty even; but how does this debunk my point exactly?

Ugh, don't remind me of that movies existence. It makes the whole flashpoint event even harder to explain and understand than it already is. I think what happened was that Reverse Flash just got faster than the flash ever was, and was able to overcome the hurdle of having 2 speed force users in the timeline. But don't quote me on that; it's been a little while since I've watched Hell to Pay.
I meant that there were two speedsters before Flashpoint too and Flash should be able to time travel even then.

I meant that there were two speedsters before Flashpoint too and Flash should be able to time travel even then.
Which is why I think that Reverse Flash is just better. He was able to go back in time/avoid the timeline wipe even with two speeders. Meanwhile, we don't know if Barry had ever tried going back in time before hand, so he wouldn't have any clue about the limitation on him.

Which is why I think that Reverse Flash is just better. He was able to go back in time/avoid the timeline wipe even with two speeders. Meanwhile, we don't know if Barry had ever tried going back in time before hand, so he wouldn't have any clue about the limitation on him.
from what Flash said that RF may have his powers but lacks the imagination to use them so I don't know.

But I guess I should address the main point.

Despite the Speed Force is what helps Flash and RF to time travel, should it really be immeasurable speed? as far as the wiki's standards are concern, different versions of media characters don't translate to each other entirely from comics to other versions. with the animated movie not making any statements about Flash's speed being incalculable or having run across the entirety of time itself of future > past and then present or something like that.

Despite the Speed Force is what helps Flash and RF to time travel, should it really be immeasurable speed? as far as the wiki's standards are concern, different versions of media characters don't translate to each other entirely. with the animated movie not making any statements about Flash's speed being incalculable or having run across the entirety of time itself of future past and present.
Tbh we don't even need the feat at the end of the movie to justify Immeasurable Flash, since the entire event started when he traveled back in time through sheer speed to save his mom. But the feat at the end of the movie still counts, as he was explicitly traveling back in time to stop his former self from time traveling. It is also described as "breaking the time barrier".

Back