• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nelo vs Nero (At least 7-B Edition)

Hello Devil Hunters

The young dad with motivation fights a Deadweight

- Both At least 7-B, Prime Nelo Angelo and end game Nero

- Both are in character

- They start with 50 meters between them

The Dad: lol

The Deadweight: 6

Patty stomps both: lol

but don't you understand that patty stomps then both

In all seriousness, this is a pretty decisive win for Dante. He's got the AP, experience, skill, and hax advantage by a long shot. It's not exactly a stomp (since Nero could still win) but there is pretty much no reason whatsoever to vote for Nero.

I think a more fair match would be something along the lines of Nero vs Nightmare. Nightmare shouldn't be quite as high in AP, and definitely has less hax and skill.

Doesn't he? What does Nero scale from again? Because DMC1 Dante was far superior to Nightmare, who is far superior to Griffon. I don't remember what Nero's 7-B scaling chain was, but I doubt it was that large.

He defeated Sanctus when he had the Sparda

The Force Edge is already 5.4 Megatons, and Sanctus was 7-B even before the Sparda

So 6.4 (Baseline City Level) + at least 5.4 (scalling from the Force Edge) = 11.8 Megatons

Dante scales to stomping Griffon who's around 10 Megatons

Normally a stomp through AP equates to around a 5x AP advantage. Also, Dante did not just stomp Griffon. He stomped Nightmare + Trish at the same time, with Nightmare being far superior to Griffon already. Dante would likely be nearing the one-shot category, though Dante's tendency to fight casually against weaker opponents makes that unlikely. Even so, Dante almost certainly has a massive AP advantage here.

Well, One shot is 7,5x

Man, DMC1 Dante might be now a high end City level, capable of stomping two characters with one of them already being far superior to Griffon, who's 10 Megatons

And Dante wasn't even trying to kill Trish

And in a no rules battle against other 7-B, he can become Low 2-C lol

Yeah. Mainly for the fact that Dante has the advantage in practically every reasonable way, I think it would be most reasonable to change the match since it is a borderline stomp. I still think the Nero vs Nightmare idea could work well.

Nightmare's AP advantage would be useless since Nero have the Yamato, he would need some hax to keep up

Wait...How about Nelo Angelo ?

Nero vs Nelo Angelo?

...why haven't we done this yet?

I mean, does it matter? Nightmare is a blob that can attach itself together if Nero cuts it.

Nightmare on the other hand can go on until nero gets tired and done

If it took place in those Nightmare arenas in DMC1, then Nero could still harm it.

But yeah, Nero vs Nelo Angelo sounds WAY BETTER

Alright, that's more like it!

Nelo Angelo should have the AP advantage here. As shown in their first battle, Nelo Angelo is roughly comparable to Dante, however their later battles seem to contradict this. I think it's best to assume that Nelo Angelo is slightly less strong than Dante and that Dante was just caught off guard in their first battle. So Nelo Angelo Still Likely has the AP advantage, but not by much. Just enough that it should still be considered notable.

This is kind of an odd and specific point to bring up, but it's potentially valid here. We know that reminders of Vergil's family makes Nelo Angelo weaker, as shown in his confrontation with Dante. While we can't say for sure, if the amulet was enough to severely debilitate Nelo Angelo, then him realising that Nero is his son would likely have a similar effect.

I'm pretty sure Nelo Angelo has a slight skill and experience advantage, though there isn't much to say about it and I don't know if it's really large enough to be applicable here.

Nero definitely has a hax advantage. Nelo Angelo no longer has the Yamato, but DMC4 Nero does. Yamato has always been the "sword of hax" in DMC, and with abilities like durability negation Nero could easily take the win.

Also, while Vergil's intelligence should not be understated, Nelo Angelo is on the cusp of being a mindless husk, and beyond his combat skills has demonstrated little forward planning and strategic abilities. This is likely due to Mundus' mind manipulation, and it gives Nero (though not by much, mind you) an advantage in intelligence and strategy.

So, to tally up the reasons here:

Nelo Angelo:

- Has an alright AP advantage

- Has a skill/experience advantage (Likely not major enough to have a massive impact)

Nero:

- Has a massive hax advantage

- Has an intelligence/strategy advantage (Also Likely not major)

- Familial connection to Nelo Angelo could severely debilitate him.

I'm voting for Nero here. Nero has shown very clear willingness to use Yamato in combat, which could quickly and easily grant him the win here. Also, Nelo Angelo's only advantages aren't major enough to be considered notable win-cons. On top of all that, while it is a comparatively minor point, Nero having the familial connection to Nelo Angelo could be a massive advantage under certain conditions, as we've demonstratively seen in the past how badly this can affect him in combat.

1+ for Nero.

Nero making him weaker cuz family? Yeah no, during his battle against Dante is when he realizes Nero is his son, even after spending time as V he didn't noticed it.

And even then, IIRC it was stated that Mundus couldn't fully control Nelo until he gave the amulet back.

In short, Nero bring his son changes nothing.

Yeah, that seems fair. You make a good point.

Even so, I think I'll keep my vote for Nero. While Nelo's mild, but notable AP and experience advantage means that Nelo would probably win in a regular dual, Nero has shown a heavy reliance on the Yamato and heavy aggression with it in combat. This hax advantage would be enough to take the win here, even if only just. Consider this a high-difficulty vote for Nero.

Just think of it, Dante casually incaped Nero and he was playing but Nelo who as a notable AP can do the same, maybe even take Yamato and destroy Nero.

Also, seeing Yamato will probably cause him to flee like seeing the amulet. Nero isn't significant but Yamato is.

Gonna say that when Nero pulls the Yamato, it nearly instantly incaps Nelo because that is a massive reminder of Vergil's past and family, something that is arguably more important to him than his mother's amulet.

Additionally, Nero, while being aggressive in his fighting style, has been outright stated to be more skilled than any of the Knights of the Order, which goes a long way towards evening the skill advantage. Even still, I'd say Nero is still slightly less skilled.

So all in all, Nero FRA, high-diff.

So, how is this any different from DMC5 Nero vs DMC5 Vergil?

Back