• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neko (K Project) vs. Amber from Darker Than Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both serious. Amber is intending to fight to kill or ripple and Neko is not fooling around and using her illusions more creatively.

Round 1: Hand To Hand Combat.

Round 2: They use their powers against each other.

ps. Recreating this for another user here because they posted it on another part of this site or something.

To start, I believe Neko takes both rounds.

She is shown to have superior mobility compared to Amber and is far faster, agile, and more unpredictable.

And for powers, Neko can activate her powers on the fly by the speed of thought while Amber needs to concentrate to activate her abilities along the lines. Anyone that wishes to impose me can feel free.

Has anyone in K Project ever shown to be immune to Time Stop or whatever?

If not, Amber would easily destroy her. This is not even a fair match up.

Aren't Contractors like agents or something? Hei is one and he knows hand-to-hand combat and techniques to kill or immobilize his enemies. So, it is safe to assume that Amber herself knows how to fight? I don't see Neko as a good fighter in my eyes.

We can't assume that all Contractors are all on the same skill level in combat. Amber is lacking figthing feats and isn't as direct as Hei. Manipulating time can be a risky ability alone and it is arguable that she is the most powerful contractor by far in the series, but she's very cautious in using it.

As for the previous comment, no there is nobody in K Project that is immune to time stop, but unfortunately for Amber, her time stop takes a moment or two to activate. She has to concentrate in order for it to work completely. Neko's abilities work on the fly by the speed of thought.

She's not a martial artist, but she's proven to hold her own in unarmed combat against these two gang members. It's pretty impressive, her agility and speed isn't something to ignore. Amber isn't as agile or flexible as Neko, dude. I'm afraid handling her in unarmed combat is bad idea on Amber's part.

Ridiculous, Amber would simply put her into a time loop and be done with it. Time Manipulation trimphs most superpowers in the long run, man. You guys are giving a comic relief character too much credit. :/

Yes, in most cases, however...it depends on how it is used and how quick the user is in controlling time. Amber can't simply use her powers all willy-nilly because of drawbacks and she'll age backwards. That's why she isn't so relient on time manipulation because its extremely risky!

And controlling and bending time in her case takes a lot of concentration and focus to pull off, which could leave her open. Placing Neko in a time loop would do more harm than good for Amber. This isn't considered a good win. She's just repeating the process over and over until she reached her limit.

With Perception and Illusion powers, Neko again would screw with her senses. Manipulating the five senses is scary if you think about. Theorectically, Neko might make Amber believe or think she used her time powers, when in actuality she didn't! You can't even tell whats real or fake anymore. If I must recall, Amber hasn't shown any feats in Darker Than Black that she ha fought or countered characters with Neko's abilities.

Comic relief or not, she's dangerous than most people like to believe. Even a skilled swordsman and fighter like Kuroh had an extremely difficult time dealing with her illusions and is often made fool of himself for being misdirected. Heck, she even made him run into a wall. You can deny it all you want, but Neko is cunning and creative with her illusions, thus she can improvise a solution.

I'm sorry to say, but I don't see Amber ever pulling off a win if we can consider and think for a moment the mechanics (or physics) behind their abilities.

No, I'm not done yet.

Is Neko's illusions even capable of hurting someone in real-life? Amber should be able to know that the illusions are not real.

Theoractically, her Perception Manipulation could trick the victim's brain and mind to believe that the illusion is real and capable of hurting them. If this were the case, Amber is in trouble.

Even if Amber did know that what she is seeing is not real, Neko might have her run into a wall or off the side of the building, she's that cunning to do so as shown when she lead Kuroh into a wall. Although it was played for laughs, Neko made a skilled and deadly assassin/swordsman look like an idiot to fall for such a trick.

This doesn't change the fact that Neko managed to outwit a skilled swordman of all people. I'd say right now this debate has gone on long enough and that this is a victory for Neko and a loss for Amber.

TheDarkness012 said:
Isn't Kuroh simply focused on killing Shiro? If he was more serious, he would've struck Neko down.
You are correct, he was focused on killing Shiro. Unfortunately, Neko proved to be a huge obstacle of his mission. Had she not been there, Kuroh would've killed him right then and there. On her defense, if Neko were more serious and intended to truly harm Kuroh, she could potentially use her abilities to place the thought of death in his mind.

Amber would have to be extemely lucky to pull off a time stop on Neko in order to win, otherwise...her options will be reduced to zero and fruitless.

Since me and TheEndIsNear45 are pretty much conuntering your points left and right, it's safe to say that Neko is the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back