• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Witch Battles Her Black Cat (Nanny McPhee vs Rip the Cat (Goosebumps))

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah, Darkness vs Stormtrooper went pretty well, so I think I'll try another off-beat thread to see how it'll do. This time, it'll be a witch against a black cat: Nanny McPhee vs Rip the Cat from Goosebumps. In terms of haxwalls, Rip perhaps has the smallest haxwall out of all the magic-based Goosebumps characters. Both characters are capable of creating tornados, which are 8-C at the very least. I wasn't able to access how powerful Rip's feat is since all his tornado did was shake a graveyard. McPhee's tornado, however, can be compared to an F2 Tornado, which comes very close to 8-C+ at the bare minimum.

Rip the Cat's durability is basically a death sentence: 10-C. It is, however, uncertain what Nanny McPhee's durability is, but it is likely that she is comparable to any other human, who is more than certainly more durable than a cat.

However, that doesn't mean both don't have their wincons. Both characters' tornados can kill one another. Rip's scratches have life-stealing capabilities that would turn McPhee into a sort of were-cat, giving a win by death or a win by control. Also, Rip has literally nine lives to begin with, so he's gonna give McPhee a hard time when handling him.

As for Nanny McPhee, she has the following win-cons against him:
  • Disease Manipulation: By giving Rip measles, she could have the resulting rash make Rip commit Cat Seppuku with his own scratches.
  • Animal Manipulation: Nanny McPhee can use her power over animals to gain control of Rip, given how she can control an elephant. Bear in mind, elephants are near-human levels in terms of intelligence and function similarly to primitive human tribes who lived off the knowledge of their land. Rip can potentially resist this since he can will himself to not die.
  • Charm Casting: McPhee make it so that Rip exhibits boot camp levels of obedience just by... well, basically existing (see "Charm Casting" section on her profile). Rip can potentially resist this since he can will himself to not die.
  • Body Puppetry: Since she has body puppetry by her side, Nanny McPhee can take control of Rip's body, preventing him from scratching her altogether. In that same venue, Nanny McPhee can make Rip seppuku himself until all of his lives are gone. Considering that zombies are essentially puppets in the Haitian folktales they originally came from, McPhee should have no problem doing this to Rip.
  • Non-Physical Interaction: With this ability by her side, if she couldn't deal with Rip through any of her other abilities above, then she could potentially apply these abilities (minus measles) to Rip's ghost cat minions. More than likely, however, this would be to placate them rather than remove them. Honestly, her NPI was never explained in her page.
For this match, both combatants will be 250 meters away from each other, which is slightly further apart than the width of a single tornado. This should give both combatants ample time to react to each other's tornados. Everything else will be SBA.

Here are their profiles:

Nanny McPhee's Profile
Rip the Cat's Profile

Who takes this?

Witch: 4 (Frieza force soldier 100, Peppersalt43, Artorimachi Meteoraft, The Almighty Wholeome)
Cat: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Main problem I see is that they both have clairvoyance so they both can basically know what the other does. the cat gets nine tries while the grandma gets one. She could know that he has literal nine lives and try to restrain him in between lives but the problem with that is that he could just teleport out of whatever restraints he's given.

Gonna assume there are no cats around. I'd assume that if Nanny starts up a tornado she could get caught up in it, right? Or is she not effected by her own weather?

Gonna assume there are no cats around. I'd assume that if Nanny starts up a tornado she could get caught up in it, right? Or is she not effected by her own weather?
The general assumption for whether a character can get affected by their own attacks is "no," but honestly, when was the last time anyone in the community seen Nanny McPhee?

I sure haven't I made a decision to not watch that movie lol.

It seems kind of hard to determine though. Does that charm really just work on sight with her. If the cat looks at her is he just done

I give it to McPhee for her disease manipulation, animal manipulation, and body control. She can stop Rip and his minions in their tracks, give him measles, and kill him until he runs out of lives, which presumably would also cause his cat ghost minions to go back to being dead.

I give it to McPhee for her disease manipulation, animal manipulation, and body control. She can stop Rip and his minions in their tracks, give him measles, and kill him until he runs out of lives, which presumably would also cause his cat ghost minions to go back to being dead.
That seems about right. Nanny McPhee does have more wincons going for her than Rip. 6 wincons against Rip's 3 wincons.

Back