• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Negotiating with your first Boss: Sayama Mikoto vs Raptor

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
Sayama Mikoto Vs. Raptor

SBA except that the fighters start 10 meters from each other.
From the time being, I wouldn't allow optional equipment.
Speed Unequal (speed difference do not seems that high).

I haven't created a match here in ages, so if I should specify more battle parameters, let me known.

Raptor seems to have 4 spells that are supposed to be chosen for match according to Notable A/T. What are those here?

That aside, how does he do against concept manip? Direct hit aside, Sayama could conceptually destroy his abilities.

Yeah, those spells are open to the GM, so it can be anything from the list as long Raptor fulfill the requirements. Don't think is that relevant considering Raptor does not tend to use magic in combat, at best he could use Darkness and make his opponent essentially blind.

How does his concept manip works? Like, he needs to make contact or damage, or can simply snap his fingers? Needs to selectively choose the power to negate, known that power exist, or can say "all powers are gone" and that's it?

He either needs to make contact with Georgius or a beam he shoots from Georgius needs to make contact. It should be said that if the concept is spread throughout space, just a random wave of Georgius can destroy it. So it doesn't need to make tangible contact.
He needs to intend to destroy the concept he's destroying, so he has to be aware of it... would be kinda bad for the universe otherwise as just all concepts would get destroyed. Not that he needs to have detailed knowledge, though.
Technically he also wears a watch that informs him if new concepts are added beyond real world stuff, although I'm not sure if that's applicable here. And I have forgotten to add that thing to his file.

As for how it works in general: Georgius is powered by "Will" which in Owari no Chronicle is a power completely independent of any and all concepts. So on the Kawakami-verse abstractness scale it's matter/energy/space/time/mind/souls/information (type 1) < Laws of Nature < Ether (Information Type 2) < Concepts < Will.
And, yeah, using that Will concept destruction is possible. Not much more detail is given.

... I think I'm kind of lost; would like, a claw attack, sonic shout or blazing skulls be considered a "concept" that can be destroyed in this context? Would an incoming attack of whatever nature (energetic or physical such a punch) be nullified? or if he needs to defend against for such thing to happen?

The attacks themselves wouldn't be concepts, but they of course have concepts. Like, Sayama could just destroy the concept of claws and have claws consequently cease to exist in general.
Or Sayama could just destroy the concept of magic and nobody can do magic anymore until someone creates/adds the concept of magic again.

Hah, that kind of stuff wouldn't be possible in the Anima setting because of the Ormus. How are battles in Sayama's verse anyway if stuff like that possible?

That power seems to do the same as the Uncreation spell, so even if I assume resistance is possible, the minimun MR check is of 140, and Raptor has 70 + 1d100, so resisting is not likely. Given that his powers may get erased in short, Raptor do not have much to do except by killing Sayama as fast as possible (given Raptor chaotic modus operandi, this may not be possible), or dissapear and rely in stealth to score an assassination.

How are battles in Sayama's verse anyway if stuff like that possible?
Georgius is absolutely an endgame weapon in the verse. So most battles go without it as it's just not available (at least not at full power). Also, if you look at the Owari no Chronicle characters you will find that virtually every character in the verse has concept manipulation. They all carry a device that allows them to add concepts to the space around them, so unless Sayama hits those devices they can recover from having the concepts killed.

...lastly Sayama isn't immune to his own concept destruction so he can't, like, just destroy the concept of time or something.

That power seems to do the same as the Uncreation spell, so even if I assume resistance is possible, the minimun MR check is of 140, and Raptor has 70 + 1d100, so resisting is not likely. Given that his powers may get erased in short, Raptor do not have much to do except by killing Sayama as fast as possible (given Raptor chaotic modus operandi, this may not be possible), or dissapear and rely in stealth to score an assassination.
Huh. Yeah that sounds pretty bad for Raptor. Sayama is a pretty good tactician and fighter so he won't give him chances.

Perhaps you should consider placing them in a higher spot in the top 5 list.

I see using Chaos Shot to induce the penalty and then follow with an all out attack, either with claws of Nightmare Storm, I believe if Sayama is busy being in the defensive he may not have time to try to destroy a concept, or does he? Otherwise, if killing once and for all or be doomed. Either way, Sayama seems to win most of the time, now if just to determinate this is a stomp or not (seems more like it is).

Back