• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Julius Belmont Vs Kisidan

I see, although I wouldn't consider this to be a guarenteed one-shot even if the hit is indirect tho.
But even so the AP gap is still one shot worthy, he gets hit he gets the Scorpion treatment

Are witches within the Castle actually normal human that uses magic? In any case, what about humans that do not use magic?
I would assume so yes. Yoko Belnades and Maria Renard are witches and are stated as such yet are otherwise totally human. The latter question sounds more like splitting hairs than anything else imo but either way I establish that humans can indeed be slapped around by the vampire killer. Could also cite Grant in Judgement being harmed by the vampire killer as an example too if that helps lol

I was refering mostly to the secondary effects of the whip, that stat reduction mentioned previously; of course the whip will cause natural damage, along any elemental infusion it has.

@Antoniofer Julius literally phases through Soma when using the ability so it is intangibility. Also it would be a guaranteed oneshot because the difference between 2 and 3 timelines are infinitely great. Julius being 18 timelines compared to Kisidan's 3 makes him more screwed as he's not going to tank any blows without being evicerated.

I'm not convinced with the Omnia Vanitas reasoning, but the tier difference is a real issue, yes. I don't think I have anything more to add unkess you ask, so all of you can cast the vote, granted this is not considered a stomp (if it is well... what a shame).

If Kisidan can harm Julius with his swords then it might not be a stomp but, from what I can tell, they seem to neg durability through either concept manip or life manip meaning even they probably won’t work so I think this is likely a stomp

@Stillwinston there's literally a monster in Lament of Innocence that has a description of cutting through anything with its power and Leon could still withstand the blows from that. So dura negs like that isn't new to a belmont.

Damn then guess Julius just slaps once and calls it a day, we could possibly use someone lower on the scaling chain perhaps?

Cutting through anything is already a pretty vague statement on its own tho, plus giving someone resistance to durability negation (an already stretch resistance that can hardly being proven) based in not dying in-game isnot something pretty accurate.

In fairness we used statements from bestiaries in game to give feats of resistance, such as Malachi having a terrifying presence and Balore having a fear inducing gaze. LoI also has monsters that are stated to use illusions to avoid attacks yet Leon still claps them

@Antoniofer not exactly my point given the whole argument is “cutting through anything” is nothing new to a Belmont. So Kisidan’s one advantage is kinda neutered by combat experience.

not exactly my point given the whole argument is “cutting through anything” is nothing new to a Belmont. So Kisidan’s one advantage is kinda neutered by combat experience.
To be fair, it’s not only that Juuchi Yosamu is described as “cutting through anything” but it does so by, as Antoniofer puts it “Kisidan damages energy and attack both the form and essence of things.” Which seems to me to be conceptual or life manip which is presumably how he negates durability, but seeing as how Julius resists both of these, I can’t find a wincon for Kisidan.

Yeah, Kisidan ignores durability because he can damage energy, not because of his katana (although due being a supernatural weapon, the weapon itself can also damage energy). Juuchi Yosamu reduces defenses as it were a weapon with on8e level of Quality above its own (that also includes causing additional damage to supernatural shields), but the whole "can cut through anything" is not taken at face value.

In general, there's no defense against damaging energy beyond defending, is not a direct alteration of the soul, one simply strike the form and essence at the same time. For the record, if someone that damages energy attack someone possessed by an spirit, the attack damages both the possessed one and the possessing spirit (Possession spell Lv 90-100).

Last edited:
Back