• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Necrogolem Changes & Additions

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
This creature here, and its abilities are described here.

• Natural Weaponry, no much to explain, it uses its physical weapons to attack.
  • Durability Negation in quality of being capable of damaging energy, and Curse of the Flesh also does this.
  • Downgrade Regeneration from High-Mid to Mid, there's no really proof of the Necrogolem regenerating from a small piece of meat.
  • Change Disease Manipulation for Corrosion Inducement and Biological Manipulation, as the power is not considered a disease by the verse standards. Additional, power may be considered Curse Manipulation (due its name), as a MR (Magic Resistance) its required to resist it (MR is used to resist anything of supernatural origin) instead of the typical PhR (Physical Resistance). The Curse of Flesh as has Regeneration Negation.
  • Burrowing, actually already written on its profile, but isn't linked.
  • Energy Manipulation, as it unleashes an explosion of necromantic energy when it used the Emerge ability.
  • Stealth Mastery; no really silent, but it can remain underground years waiting for a prey.
  • Removal of the type 3 Immortality Negation, creatures with at least Gnosis 10 bypass the gnostic immortality of entities of at least Gnosis 35, but they do not negate their capability to heal (For example, a Gnosis 40 creature damaging the necrogolem wouldn't stop it from healing, unless it causes existential damage).
  • The Law Manipulation part is kind of out of place, its refering more to how summoning abilities work in verse, and why they only work against supernatural beings. The Necrogolem is not a summoner, doesn't possesses gnostic abilities akin to summoning, nor use magic, so so is not related to the creature.
  • In the other hand, as the necrogolem is both a construct and undead, its immune to summoning abilities in quality of being an undead and a construct, and can only be affect by such abilities if the summoner is an undead or a being with Gnosis 35 or higher, and only if the summoner can somehow synchro with the creature. These are general rules of undeads and constructs, so they do not only apply to this creature. In short, both undeads and constructs are immune/resistent to Summoning, BFR, Sealing and Domination (we do not really have a power to cover domination... no, its not mind manipulation).
  • The "living dead"? who translated this? this is the reason why this game is so disliked outside of the spanish-speakers animated undeads are considered soulless, they not just lack soul, they also lack spirit, something that even non-living stuff such natural elements and golems have. Thus, undeads that were animated are immune to Soul Manipulation (that it also applies to Black Sun creations).
  • For the speed, there's currently no Transonic feat archived in the existing profiles, and since the Colonel is 2-C scaling is not the most appropiated here, so it would be downgraded to Subsonic by having an attack ability of +200.

Last edited:
  • High Mid I'm guessing comes from the fact that the entire aberration is formed by the amalgamation of corpses around a core body, (referred to as the heart) and its ability to regenerate within moments and rebuild "completely destroyed parts". I wouldn't exactly call it the strongest case for High Mid but it doesn't seem too unreasonable to assume. If anything it might make more sense to classify it as nonspecific regeneration due to lack of info since I'm not sure if Mid, in particular, makes any more sense.
  • Curse of Flesh: I think causing things to rot would be classified as Bio Manip iirc, which the Necrogolem should have added anyway on account of the actual majority of its abilities being this. I do think Curse Manip is likely warranted, at the very least as a "possibly" on account of the name and resistance being MR based as you said. Should also be regen negation.
  • Stealth mastery probably isn't appropriate since it's more just lying dormant underground.
  • Law Manip is just a standard ability of Gnosis, which has other explanations than the specific example listed on the necrogolem's page for whatever reason. I'd probably just remove that particular justification.
  • True, the undeads stuff is something I either forgot to add in the previous CRT or forgot to implement. It should be added to all their profiles.
  • The speed stuff for all profiles was left untouched since we were planning on giving that its own revision but we never got around to it. I agree with your suggestion here though.

Everything else I didn't comment on I also just agree with by default.

Last edited:
  • The Mid regen can come of from the creature regenerating penalties, that is the equivalent of regrowing lost limbs; although this is a kin to Low-Mid, the creature doesn't possesses vulnerable points, so regrowing a head is not different than regrowing a limb. Alternatively, it could be "At least Low-Mid, possibly High-Mid" or "Mid, possibly High-Mid".
  • I guess Biological manipulation and Corrotion Inducement aren't mutually exclusive, so it can have both.
  • So no Stealth Mastery then.
  • What other justification have in mind?

• The Mid regen can come of from the creature regenerating penalties, that is the equivalent of regrowing lost limbs; although this is a kin to Low-Mid, the creature doesn't possesses vulnerable points, so regrowing a head is not different than regrowing a limb. Alternatively, it could be "At least Low-Mid, possibly High-Mid" or "Mid, possibly High-Mid".
if if fuctionally works as High-Mid then it's High-Mid, that's just like how we give liquid characters Low-High or how we give the same rating to SU gems.

Probably just leave Law manip blank for the time being until we just create a Gnosis ability page or something

Ok, I believe everything is fine now (counting the corrections), even the Durability Negation part. Now guess we wait for the mod appoval.

From what I see everything seems to work, but I can't speak for Law and gnosis stuff as it's too specific for me and I have zero knowledge.

Curse manip might be possibly, yes.

About regeneration, the description given points out to Low-Mid, for generic body parts regrowing.
Higher levels should be given only if it can regenerate a specifically critical part, like the core/heart Edwellken mentioned, or this heart can regrow all other pieces of the Necrogolem's body. Like, how much damage can take the golem, is it specified other than lowering its HP? What if you bisect or horizontally or vertically? Or make it blow up from the inside and such?

Note that sticking other dead bodies to replace parts doesn't count as regeneration, unless said body parts are first absorbed and then used to grow new parts.

Its sheet doesn't mention any kind of weakpoint, so it doesn't instantly die by destroying its heart or brain; considering its made of a bunch or corpses, it most likely hasn't any.

For general rule, undeads aren't knocked nor they instantly die due massive damage (reducing its HP to zero), as they can even remain attacking even if their HP are in negative values (although due the massive damage, their mobility and overall ability get decreased).

Do we have any reference to the limit of its body? Like, reaching 0 HP would count even lethal wounds or anything that would kill a normal being, but it doesn't necessarily include extreme levels of disembowelment, dismemberment and such.

Just out of that description it would be safer to give it Low-Mid, maybe a possibly higher, but without further references we shouldn't assume it can regenerate from being torn to pieces or similar damage.

There's not more info about the Necrogolem aside of what is said it there sheet (here's the rest of the description); as for what happens when something hits 0 or negative HP (called LP here), the rules here (This is a variant rule, but since its more "realistic" than the original rules, and thus less abstract, I consider it more appropiated).

BTW, also added Energy Manipulation to the list, as it unleashes necromantic energy when uses the Emerge ability.

I think it's more of a stamina/immortality type 2 thing for the undeads, rather than regeneration.

As dead beings they can just go through much more punishment and damage than normal beings, even to extreme levels as long as they don't totally fall apart.

That said, I don't think there's anything that supports a mid or even high-mid level of regeneration for the Necrogolem, who would just get low-mid, possibly higher because of their unorthodox phisiology.

Energy Projection is good.

Ehh, good point, sorry. Saman, could you revert the changes, or simply but the regen back to High-Mid? Everything else was agreed iirc.

I put back the old regen.

Also, remember to link the CRT next time you apply some changes, as they may be mistaken for unauthorized edits.

Well, to be fair, the regeneration examples refer to humanoids, not snake-like aberrations made of corpses. So, will it be Low-Mid or at least Low-Mid?

Ok, the changes (once again) were applied. The part about the resistance/immunity to summoning abilities is general, so it also applies to other undeads/contructs in case someone want to change any other profile (don't think i'll edit other thing for the rest of the day).

Back