• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some big changes (Genshin Impact)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction
The purpose of this post is to upgrade Genshin Impact God Tier and Top Tier Scalling.

*Edits
Star eater Narwhal (4-C)
Narwhall Black Hole (5-A)
Shadow Lifting Strength (Class Y)
Is this Outlier? The short answer is: No, it's not. The long answer, Seems need to check every point of Outliers page, which is what I will do now:

Guideline 1: Is it a big jump or drop in power?
Well yes but actually no, this was big jump from between god and top tier but still reasonable, we also have few supporting addition that will support this.

Guideline 2: Is it a unique or exceptional incident? If incidents of a similar level are repeated consistently over time, they are unlikely to be outliers.
Main Feats by calculation was performed multiple times by three different character (Narwhall, Shadow, and Skirk) and yet skirk who was easily defeat narwhall mention if Neuvilette as sovereign dragon are equal to her. Infact by skirk statement there is lot stronger character than they're like surtalogi and hexenzirkel member who consider powerful being like Narwhall the star devourer as mere "pet". So it's should be consistent feats for god tier.

Guideline 3: Is the event unexplained and unjustified?
No it's explained as above and will also add additional explanation below. However, just like the first guideline, if we have few very feats, we can also likely skip this point. Thus, we are not limited by this guideline either.

Guideline 4: Does the event break the previously established power-scaling?
As i mention above there are lot character are equal and above this. So no....

Guideline 5: Does the event break with the narrative of the work?
No, The narwhall are no stronger than sovereign dragon neuvilette, various character like above and primordial one once stated could seperate microcosm of world from the universe, and have war to sovereign dragon for 40 years, and got mention if celestia was "higher power" That create border between border between teyvat and universe.

All of this atleast should be backup for being any argument of outlier.
There are lots of god in genshin impact with varies power, but Archon with Gnosis are strongest gods within every nation. Zhongli implied if that he lost a significant portion of his power after relinquishing the Gnosis. Supported by shouki no kami description was also design to carry enourmous energy from gnosis, which make him become "divine" and has power that rivals that of true gods/Archon when scaramouche use gnosis to make him a new god. Later it's explained by neuvilette itself if gnosis actually portion of Sovereign Dragon power that been steal by primordial one and granted to every archon.

By default this make Archon massively scale above other gods like three sister of moon which being a literal moon, and atleast comparable to sovereign dragon like Neuvilette itself and apep who has the entire world as teyvat blueprint inside herself and prime azdaha as vishap overlord of old world who multiple time got state by reliable statement if he can shake and split earth. Except for nahida and focalors in other case since both of them stated can't use gnosis in combat. So with this, prime archon with gnosis are scale to this, and gnosisless archon should be downscale from other feats.
• Celestia / Primordial One
• Sovereign Dragon / Neuvilette Full Dragonhood
• Fontaine Traveler with Neuvilette buff
• Every Prime Archon and Prime Azdaha
• Shouki No Kami / Wanderer
• Top 3 Harbinger
• Childe Narwhall Shadow and Foul Legacy

Top Tier Scalling

As explanation above, there is a gap between Sovereign Dragon, Archon gods and gnosisless gods.
So for this, they should be scale and downscale from raiden ei feats
Affect character
• Raiden Ei
• Raiden Shogun,
• Scaramouche
• Inazuma Traveler
• Zhongli
• Weakened Azdaha
• Yelan with breakthrough Barb
• Signora
• Xiao

Conclusion
So, I believe that with each guideline having been gone through, i believe it wasn't outlier by our standards. Since by narrative, some supreme being are much implied having power higher than Narwhall can do.

Last edited:
The Dragon Authorities aren’t in the Gnosis. They’re in the 7 thrones(most likely located in Celestia)

Focalor’s states that she will destroy the Hydro Throne and herself to give Neuvillete back his authority. We see the Hydro gnosis being completely fine at the end meaning Hydro Throne =/= Gnosis

Last edited:
The Dragon Authorities aren’t in the Gnosis. They’re in the 7 thrones(most likely located in Celestia)

Focalor’s states that she will destroy the Hydro Throne and herself to give Neuvillete back his authority. We see the Hydro gnosis being completely fine at the end meaning Hydro Throne =/= Gnosis
That wasn't the full point, gnosis still carries the seven sovereign power, which also stated by neuvilette in vision voiceline if fragment power of sovereign dragon that been steal by primordial one and one who came after, are to created gnosis in order to maintenance and suppress order of teyvat.
I thought we are going with the High 6-A fully instead the 5-A things?
I believe so

7ae6ba72f819ef48ea9900cda57d34fa8c9dd4a1d0612156cff9b1e10d77d983_1.jpg

Looks interesting and i agree with the argument for the ratings to be valid

5-A tiering due to the narwhal "blackhole" just isn't solid enough no matter how I see it.

The description in this in-game image just doesn't cut out for me, other than the image icon depicting it as closely resembling real-life blackhole. The following texts just likens it to a blackhole, and seemed to describe the general characteristics of a blackhole, rather than that particular blackhole. "The light can't escape from the vortex of darkness" line seems to refer to a real blackhole to me. I don't know if that's enough to warrant it being a real blackhole in this site's standards without corresponding feats, however.

This item description also doesn't refer to the blackhole. Everything in this is employed with copious amounts of flowery langauge, and the "destroy the fabric of the universe" line refers to the concept of discord itself, rather than anything relating to the blackhole. The description also mentions these threads as being physically entangled with your weapon whilst fighting the narwhal, so its definitely not any sort of part of a real blackhole.

It also strikes me as strange how it can be obtained physically by the traveler. I haven't played Genshin in a while and haven't gone through Fontaine yet. Is the blackhole used by the Narwhal even the same as this item? These descriptions seems to hint more that these items that you're trying to tie in with the Narwhal's blackhole seems more like physical objects that can be interacted with, and even picked up, physically as if they're tangible objects.

Overall, 5-A is just very suspect to me.

Last edited:
go play the event

this CRT doesn't cover all the buildup and the interactions you'd have with Neuvilette and how they discuss this supposedly whale and various implications regarding the nature of the whale.
It also strikes me as strange how it can be obtained physically by the traveler. I haven't played Genshin in a while and haven't gone through Fontaine yet. Is the blackhole used by the Narwhal even the same as this item? These descriptions seems to hint more than these items that you're trying to tie in with the Narwhal's blackhole seems more like a physical object that can be interacted with physically as if they're tangible objects.
both things originate from the Whale. so I don't see how it interacted physically if manifested differently by the whale be a contradiction
it still stands that the Whales capability allows it to develop things like a blackhole and at the same time can also manifest its power that isn't akin to blackhole as shown in its attacks

The item describes the power of the Whale
The whale is shown to create a black hole
the item supports it
The item also says other things that as the capability of the whale whether it is outside its blackhole feat or not.

Looking at it as if the whale's power is only a blackhole of course you'll reach such a conclusion.

5-A tiering due to the narwhal "blackhole" just isn't solid enough no matter how I see it.

The description in this in-game image just doesn't cut out for me, other than the image icon depicting it as closely resembling real-life blackhole. The following texts just likens it to a blackhole, and seemed to describe the general characteristics of a blackhole, rather than that particular blackhole. "The light can't escape from the vortex of darkness" line seems to refer to a real blackhole to me. I don't know if that's enough to warrant it being a real blackhole in this site's standards without corresponding feats, however.

This item description also doesn't refer to the blackhole. Everything in this is employed with copious amounts of flowery langauge, and the "destroy the fabric of the universe" line refers to the concept of discord itself, rather than anything relating to the blackhole. The description also mentions these threads as being physically entangled with your weapon whilst fighting the narwhal, so its definitely not any sort of part of a real blackhole.
My guy, there's literally 3 cgm who have knowledge on black hole calculation, and yet three of them still said it's solid even black hole criteria are very strict. Okay you tell me what is it, if it's not while it's literally reffering to the black hole and infact still in the same line if that narwhalls are have star devouring title in Japanese and Chinese.
It also strikes me as strange how it can be obtained physically by the traveler. I haven't played Genshin in a while and haven't gone through Fontaine yet. Is the blackhole used by the Narwhal even the same as this item? These descriptions seems to hint more that these items that you're trying to tie in with the Narwhal's blackhole seems more like physical objects that can be interacted with, and even picked up, physically as if they're tangible objects.

Overall, 5-A is just very suspect to me.
It's never actually destroyed by physically, it's say need pneumaousia to destroy it. While pneumaousia is a hax
Not physical thing, supporting by narrative if neuvilette was state himself if he have full control of pneumaousia.

My guy, there's literally 3 cgm who have knowledge on black hole calculation, and yet three of them still said it's solid.
They said your calculations are solid, not that the acknowledged "blackhole" being calc'd is legit. They're not knowledgeable as far as Genshin is concerned.

Okay you tell me what is it, if it's not while it's literally reffering to the black hole and infact still in the same line if that narwhalls are have star eater.
The "All-devouring" or "Star-eating" are just titles. And without corresponding feats or solid statements, they're practically useless.
It's never actually destroyed by physically,
I'm contesting the fact that it can be interacted physically, like a tangible object. Which real blackholes shouldn't.

Last edited:
go play the event
Still stuck in Sumeru.
both things originate from the Whale. so I don't see how it interacted physically if manifested differently by the whale be a contradiction
Not enough evidence to support the Whale being capable of conjuring a real blackhole, and the whale being capable of manifesting a blackhole as physical objects seems pretty headcanony to me. Has this been hinted at anywhere?

t still stands that the Whales capability allows it to develop things like a blackhole and at the same time can also manifest its power that isn't akin to blackhole as shown in its attacks
A blackhole-like attack, sure. I'm not so certain if we should so readily classify it as a real blackhole, given that it lacks evidence or feats.
The whale is shown to create a black hole
Above.

The item also says other things that as the capability of the whale whether it is outside its blackhole feat or not.
Every other thing I've seen employs flowery language and metaphors and nothing solid, as far as I've seen.

They said your calcualtions are solid, not that the acknowledged "blackhole" being calc'd is legit. They're not knowledgeable as far as Genshin is concerned.
I literally put everything relate from context in the calc blog, so what's a deal? If every cgm need to have knowledge every verse they evaluated, they're dead already. They just need the full context and i give them
The "All-devouring" or "Star-eating" are just titles. And without corresponding feats or solid statements, they're practically useless.
Not really, the title are corresponding with narwhall nature as skirk statement. But still questionable if this "devouring" Thing are overtime or not due narwhall digest primordial sea are need long time. Infact he have pocket dimension inside himself. But still it's just for supporting not really main for argument
I'm contesting the fact that it can be interacted physically, like a tangible object. Which real blacksholes shouldn't.
Where exactly? Even when skirk made one she doesn't really even touch the black hole. I am not expecting you to argue gameplay mechanic though, even it's clearly say need pneumaousia to destroy it

I literally put everything relate from context in the calc blog, so what's a deal? If every cgm need to have knowledge every verse they evaluated, they're dead already. They just need the full context and i give them
And I'm saying the context you gave them are iffy, to say the least. I believe there's not enough evidence to suggest the whale could conjure real blackholes, personally.
Where exactly? Even when skirk made one she doesn't really even touch the black hole. I am not expecting you to argue gameplay mechanic though, even it's clearly say need pneumaousia to destroy it
The traveler obtaining both items, in which you tied in as main evidences for the blackhole being legit. It's even explicitly stated that the threads, which you claim is part of the blackhole, gets physically entangled with the Traveler's sword as he fought the whale. So it's clearly a physical object.

Last edited:
The traveler obtaining both items, in which you tied in as main evidences for the blackhole being legit. It's even explicitly stated that the threads,
For sure it's ridiculous if you assume material ascension other character item are canon to obtained and putting in his bag. The main part is there is exist the description that explain, not being obtained. Did you ever seen traveler use material ascension in his bag that mentioned in story wise? By this logic, traveler having milions mora through gameplay exploration, having tons of dish inside his bag, having tons of character artifact in his bag, having shit tons of unnecessary item in his bag should be canon according to you. The only part is canon in his bag just "Item / Quest" section cause it's literally mention in story.
which you claim is part of the blackhole, gets physically entangled with the Traveler's sword as he fought the whale. So it's clearly a physical object.
"I am not expecting you to argue gameplay mechanic though, even it's clearly say need pneumaousia to destroy it"

Plus he also granted power of neuvilette itself, what stop this exactly?

Last edited:
Looks good for the most part, but why do you have Childe listed in both scaling chains? Also Neuvillette is clearly shown damaging the Narwhal and blocking one of it's attacks without having his authority and could knock out Foul Legacy Childe, so he probably should scale to 5-A

For sure it's ridiculous if you assume material ascension other character item are canon to obtained and putting in his bag. The main part is there is exist the description that explain, not being obtained.
Bro, the item description itself says those items can be obtained from fighting the narwhal. Meaning it may be canonical that the traveler can pick up the item, but not more than once. The string even very EXPLICITLY said that the traveler's sword gets entangled by it, meaning it can be picked up and it is entirely physical. If we're writing parts of the description off, then I suggest to not use these description at all. It's either these items can be picked up, or these description are completely non-canonical, hence useless.

And even if we write off the Traveler clearly picking those items as if they were physical objects, the description in itself still doesn't hint at the blackhole being legit. Most of it is describe blackholes in general, and most employs an obscene amount of flowery language and metaphors. It doesn't solidly say that the particular blackhole produced by the whale does those characteristics described, but rather, it's loosely describing blackholes as a whole.
The only part is canon in his bag just "Item / Quest" section cause it's literally mention in story.
Then why use the item's description if its entirely non-canonical? Seems like double standards to me.
"I am not expecting you to argue gameplay mechanic though, even it's clearly say need pneumaousia to destroy it"
I'm not arguing gameplay mechanic. I'm arguing the use of the description, which holds very little weight.

It says these items can be picked up, which you write off as non-canon, but says the description can be used in the same breath. Make up your mind.
Plus he also granted power of neuvilette itself, what stop this exactly?
Nauvilette, as it stands currently, would scale to the God tiers. Which would be tier 6.

Looks good for the most part, but why do you have Childe listed in both scaling chains? Also Neuvillette is clearly shown damaging the Narwhal and blocking one of it's attacks without having his authority and could knock out Foul Legacy Childe, so he probably should scale to 5-A
Ouh yeah, after rewatch i forgot about this. Gonna edit this, thx
Bro, the item description itself says those items can be obtained from fighting the narwhal. Meaning it may be canonical that the traveler can pick up the item, but not more than once.
For real? We having other characters beside traveler already not canon how the fricking way it's item material are? There's no single time even mentioned in lore wise, it say we can obtained because we fighting it every week in gameplay mechanic to get it again and again so we can upgrade the character needed. Do you really think we fighting narwhall every weekly raid reset as canon thing?
The string even very EXPLICITLY said that the traveler's sword gets entangled by it, meaning it can be picked up and it is entirely physical. If we're writing parts of the description off, then I suggest to not use these description at all. It's either these items can be picked up, or these description are completely non-canonical, hence useless.
I guess you miss the point though, i am arguing if it's discord which explained in below description, state are capable to destroying fabric of universe, which currently accepted not his part string thing. It's two part different thing cause it's mention "while". Also that's traveler sword thing also not debunk anything cause both pneumaousia are also reformed in sword.
And even if we write off the Traveler clearly picking those items as if they were physical objects, the description in itself still doesn't hint at the blackhole being legit. Most of it is describe blackholes in general, and most employs an obscene amount of flowery language and metaphors. It doesn't solidly say that the particular blackhole produced by the whale does those characteristics described, but rather, it's loosely describing blackholes as a whole.
Okay i will quoted the same thing as above, you tell what is it then? I more likely trust the assessment of 3 cgm more rather than your judge. Dmua even say even without this, the criteria above already fits. So again, what's the deal?
Also saying it's flowery word and metaphors are less precise. The entire genshin written story are literally written by figure of speech, you can check and compare it one by one in description item, enemies, books, artifact etc. Then are you still said the entire genshin story are not really speak the how the lore is it just because it's written in figure of speech? It's not even exclusive for genshin, you can play hsr for similar written.
Then why use the item's description if its entirely non-canonical? Seems like double standards to me.
Not a single thing i've said if the description are non canon. What i am saying it's not canon is to obtain it, cause literally no evidence we do it, and literally no way in narrative traveler having thousand tons of item in his bag while carry it across the entire teyvat. Even in every quest, you need to search and collect the item it's need for quest even you have it in your inventory. Most story of genshin are written in description of item like artifact and drop material, are you will say it the entire story it's not canon then?
I'm not arguing gameplay mechanic. I'm arguing the use of the description, which holds very little weight.
You literally do
Nauvilette, as it stands currently, would scale to the God tiers. Which would be tier 6.
I am literally talking if traveler granted hydro dragon power which also control of pneumaousia. Which even before neuvilette share his power, he already grant pneuma power.

Last edited:
Well, it seems the main debate is whether the black hole thing meets criteria, but there are three calc group members who accepted it which is pretty self evident. Especially Executor N0 who is pretty much on par with DontTalkDT when it comes to calculation knowledge; he questioned it at first but he debated in the comics about it qualifying. Unless you want to ping the Calc Group members in question to read the arguments against it being a black hole.

Well, it seems the main debate is whether the black hole thing meets criteria, but there are three calc group members who accepted it which is pretty self evident.
The OP gave them extremely iffy context about said "blackhole". Links them to two items which he claims to be part of the blackhole, but clearly has characteristics not characterized to that of blackholes, like being physical matters that can be picked up. The only thing making it remotely close to being a blackhole is how it's depicted in the image (but blue, instead of golden). But again, the item depicting it a blackhole "can be obtained" physically.

Well, it seems the main debate is whether the black hole thing meets criteria, but there are three calc group members who accepted it which is pretty self evident. Especially Executor N0 who is pretty much on par with DontTalkDT when it comes to calculation knowledge; he questioned it at first but he debated in the comics about it qualifying. Unless you want to ping the Calc Group members in question to read the arguments against it being a black hole.
From what I read, they also had issues but was told that the whale who created it has the title is star devourer. Problem is that they accepted it if the title was literal, which we don't have evidence of. We don't know have any further explanation to know the background of this title.

From what I read, they also had issues but was told that the whale who created it has the title is star devourer. Problem is that they accepted it if the title was literal, which we don't have evidence of. We don't know have any further explanation to know the background of this title.
one of the Lores about the Whale written in the Item Tears among the Stars hinted that the Whale's goal indeed is to devour everything turning the sea of stars into nothing but dying embers

A drop of water obtained from within the colossal beast who coveted the primordial sea of life.

A philosopher in the faraway ancient world once posited that where there is life, there is death; naturally where there is death, there is life.
If not, then the fleeting light cannot resist the eternal darkness, and all withers into nothingness at the end of time.
The rules among the stars dictate that nature must be conserved, but the laws of the universe have never been conserved.
In a sealed box, destruction always overpowers new life. Millennia upon millennia of prosperity are but an instant in a span of billions of years. The greatest of achievements, the proudest accomplishments, in time all will tarnish, decay, dissipate, and ultimately fade into oblivion.
Thus there are things floating in among the stars, once adorned with countless prestigious titles from innumerable civilizations, shedding tears for their ordained demise.
Their tears stream down, out of desperation, out of hope, because all desperation and hope alike will be utterly extinguished along with the innumerable stars.
Their tears stream down out of sorrow, out of joy, because both will eventually scatter into the cold, dark endless void.
Every tiny yet beautiful silhouette and every moment worth remembering will fade with time, even stars.
And then there are these so-called "gods" that are determined to save everything worth saving, and devour everything that should be devoured.
Until the end of time, until the sea of stars recess into nothing but dying embers, until a newborn "world" moves for the first time in the stomach of the whale.
"There will be no more sins, no more sadness, and no more tears, because everything died with the ancient stars."

I agree that we shouldn't took a title as a literal thing like the star devourer that Narwhal had
I feel the CGM that agreed on the calc need to be called here for double check and re-evaluation

A bit too vague and poetic. Is it talking about the whale devouring all, or is it talking about the certainy of the end, with the whale giving birth to something after that end, or even something else?

A bit too vague and poetic. Is it talking about the whale devouring all, or is it talking about the certainy of the end, with the whale giving birth to something after that end, or even something else?
ending the world to create a new one inside its stomach where everything is wiped clean.
The thing about Fontaine is that their people have this so-called Sin which would result in their death sentence. hence the reason why.

This is the best I can provide regarding its name Star Devouring. the star one is only on title and implication from item Lores/flavor text

ending the world to create a new one inside its stomach where everything is wiped clean.
The thing about Fontaine is that their people have this so-called Sin which would result in their death sentence. hence the reason why.

This is the best I can provide regarding its name Star Devouring. the star one is only on title and implication from item Lores/flavor text
If then the "everything" is Fontaine, as it is only them who committed the original sin and have the special property that attracts the whale. Aka, not a star.

I have problems with both calcs;
For reasons above listed, the Black Hole calc is extremely iffy.
And for the H6A calc, there's the huge problem of 'turning day into night' being extremely flowery language, the Chinese is something roughly that can be translated to 'turning day lightless' which is even more flowery. There's also the fact that it's completely inconsistent with other scaling and actual shown feats. It's just, eh.

If then the "everything" is Fontaine, as it is only them who committed the original sin and have the special property that attracts the whale. Aka, not a star.
not Fontaine but the Primordial Sea which covered the entirety of Teyvat's surface and where all life originated from. The Fontainians were originally Oceanid but they were granted a human body by the use of Primordial Sea.
and this Primordial lifeform (Oceanid) became human by the use of the Primordial Sea's Life-granting abilities.

it's in the overview here summarized it well enough to get the general idea.

this kinda ties up with high 6-A rating but that's up to the OP how he wants to argue it out

Last edited by a moderator:
I have problems with both calcs;
For reasons above listed, the Black Hole calc is extremely iffy.
And for the H6A calc, there's the huge problem of 'turning day into night' being extremely flowery language, the Chinese is something roughly that can be translated to 'turning day lightless' which is even more flowery. There's also the fact that it's completely inconsistent with other scaling and actual shown feats. It's just, eh.
found the CN:
覆滅天光 = to destroy daytime/the color of the sky/sunlight/yougetthepoint

The quest hasn't been out that long, I'm well aware of the story. I was just not trying to spoil anything while making my point. But anyway, it's made clear that the whale was targeting only Fontaine citizens for specific reasons and was not an immediate threat to other Teyvat citizens who were not inflicted with the original sin.

It's not only targetting the Fontaine Citizine for their sin
but also for their Body is made of Primordial Sea which the whale likes
Neuvillette: And once it has finished consuming all of the energy contained within the Sea, its next step will be...
Clorinde: You said that when the Hydro Archon first created Fontainians out of Oceanids, she filled their blood vessels with Primordial Seawater...
Neuvillette: Precisely. That whale finds the "blood" of Fontainians nigh impossible to resist.
Neuvillette: Therefore, when it left the Primordial Sea, it decided to make its next stop a packed opera house full of food — food in the form of Fontainians.

ok

The way you framed it is that you assume that "everything is Fontainians" which isn't the case. It only ever mentioned the sin once in the flavor text which is something that will be wiped and cleaned. I added that the Sin refers to the Fontainians. The grief might refer to something else
but do not get the idea that Everything is the Fontainians or the Primordial Sea.
Everything includes the Fontainians but not the Fontainians are everything.
The Stars being devoured is still up in the air but doesn't suddenly mean its not the stars just because the Sin at the end of the flavor text refers to Fontaine's sins

I framed it as a mere alterative to expand on your interpretation to showcase that the poetic nature of the text can be interpreted multiple ways and so doesn't prove to be sufficient evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back