• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Natural Power" my arse, Kamijou Touma vs Han Jee-Han

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
Not completly sure if this is fair or not... let's hope so.

5 meters apart

Speed Equal

Both perfectly in-character, Han believes Touma is a mercenary sent to kill him and atacks him accordingly.

Kamijou Touma: 3

Han Jee-Ha: 3

Han is 7-C physially, but that comes from his powers also, so he would be powernulled to either 10-A or 9-C.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Han is 7-C physially, but that comes from his powers also, so he would be powernulled to either 10-A or 9-C.
He still win via Much higher Hand to hand combat skill.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I can count that. I imagine the prcog would be problemtaic tough.
Touma precog literally work only on supernatural attack and it also useless on Someone with base speed far faster then himself.

Lol to all so powerful magic user who get punch by touma because they literally only need to pull Gun out and shoot.

No, he can read involuntary movements of the body as well. Plus, Han would likely be shocked as well at losign his power.

Beyond that, speed eqal and Han's speed comes from his stats too.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No, he can read involuntary movements of the body as well. Plus, Han would likely be shocked as well at losign his power.
Beyond that, speed eqal and Han's speed comes from his stats too.
yes but it does not work well without supernatural power cause he can only take information from his opponent body instead of the surrounding too (AIM,micro changes in the environment,mana,etc)

leaving that aside if he is 7c wiht punches then touma is dead, he is not different form a saint

touma is just Street level physically while han is Wall level physically how does he even damage that ?

Yes but if it's power modified the body and it's not a buff then IB does not work.

The profile does not have his unpowered state that's why im basing it on his lower stats.

and IB does not negate ability and magic power itself (he can touch esper and magician, and they can still use everything just fine after)

The power is a buff. It just changes his body and mind to be that of a game character, if he lost that he would just become a normal human.

Mostly because he never apeared without his powers, and was 9-C for only a chapter or two.

I mean, it is a specific thing that is being granted by gaia, and it can be removed.

if so i give this to touma thanks to the surprise factor range and stamina if he really is just a composite human without power

His ability increased the speed he learned it with, but he personally trained for years with it regardless of it. He won't get the passive boosts of the skill, but he still has it.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
He can't use the supernatural parts of it, of course. But the raw skill is still there.
That I understand but the profile doesn't idicate what is natural and what is not so i have a difficult time to understand what he can and cannot use without the ability.

The Gamer verse goes by Natural and Supernatural in the same manner as the Real World or IB does.

This is proven by Gaia, who kills anyone who uses any supernatural power in the real world in a meaningful manner. There are low-level skills, like how John Cena is tecnically kind of supernaturally gifted, but anything that a human would view as supernatural is.

So when IB touches him he become a normal human with high intelligence with some broad martial art knowledge and that's it ?

if so it all depends on what the chunbu martial does, i could not find it on google, but it seems a very broad martial art by the description on the profile.

He has knowledge on two, actually. Chunbu revolves around ki, so without supernatural it's much less effective, but it can still be used for attacks that attack weakspots like the throat and the knees.

The other one that I won't brother try to write down the name of relies on hitting pressure points ala' kenshiro. It can stop blood flow as well, but it needs to hit doyens of points and that is rather difficult with speed equal.

How skilled is Touma in martial arts?

Also, how would IB interact with things like summons and golems? Spirits are still living creatures, and golems have no soul, though that doesn't seem to matter.

I honestly doubt that Han would let Touma touch him. 5 meters apart or not, Han would be very likely to start with flight since Touma would appear like a close range fighter to him. Observe would likely give him some insight on the massive powernull-

Actually, he wouldn't even be able to observe Touma, or pick him up with ring of detection. And all his arrows would fizzle on him. He'd likely conclude that magic wouldn't work.

Main issue would be if Han pulled out a sword or something from his dimensional storage. He would know very quickly that he would be forced to attack with something other than magic. Like telekinesis, which wouldn't work. He'd eventually be forced to go hand to hand it seems, but I'm not sure if he would pull out some kind of standard weapon like a bat out of desperation or not. It certainly seems plausible if all of his other options aren't working.

Of course, he could always just trap Touma in a giant hole half a city block wide since that doesn't involve directly affecting him per se.

Well, it touching magical clithes made it break apart, so he would likely obe-shot those. Even if not, I doubt Han would get much of a chance to summon them at this range.

If this was long range he would stomp by virtue of flight and outlasting.

I mean, seeing as how Han practically starts every battle nowadays with flight and time acceleration, I highly doubt that Touma would reach him given their equalized speed. It's out of character for Han to go charging head first at something other than a mob of fodder. Knowing that Touma is there to kill him would only serve to make Han more cautious. He knows that people in the abyss know of him and his abilities, so he would have to be extremely careful.

Han does like to fly, but at this disrance he can't exactly cross enough of a distance to evade being punched, and the time acceleration also takes some time.

I feel hr would much rather use the electric mana shield instead.

I mean, speed is equalized. So Han can fly back several meters in the same time it takes Touma to move that exact same amount of distance. Han can teleport away as well. Teleportation is instantaneous, which renders any speed point moot as well.

Perhaps. He's really only used his electric cape once or twice, and it happens after he gets hit, so he wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

I'm fairly confident that even with a starting distance of 5 meters, Han can get away purely because of how speed equalized works, in conjunction with teleportation and time acceleration. If his first move is to fly backwards away from the guy who's trying to punch him while casting a time acceleration spell, which is in character for him, now he's suddenly a significant amount faster and can test various options that will mostly fizzle against Touma.

Like, to punch Han within the first two seconds, Touma would really have to leap those five meters, and by that time, Han has already flown back an equivalent amount of distance, and cast a time acceleration spell.

But, more importantly, how skilled is Touma in martial arts? Because Han was somehow managing to keep up with Yoohwa, who is faster than him normally.

Litentric Teon said:
How skilled is Touma in martial arts?
Also, how would IB interact with things like summons and golems? Spirits are still living creatures, and golems have no soul, though that doesn't seem to matter.

I honestly doubt that Han would let Touma touch him. 5 meters apart or not, Han would be very likely to start with flight since Touma would appear like a close range fighter to him. Observe would likely give him some insight on the massive powernull-

Actually, he wouldn't even be able to observe Touma, or pick him up with ring of detection. And all his arrows would fizzle on him. He'd likely conclude that magic wouldn't work.

Main issue would be if Han pulled out a sword or something from his dimensional storage. He would know very quickly that he would be forced to attack with something other than magic. Like telekinesis, which wouldn't work. He'd eventually be forced to go hand to hand it seems, but I'm not sure if he would pull out some kind of standard weapon like a bat out of desperation or not. It certainly seems plausible if all of his other options aren't working.

Of course, he could always just trap Touma in a giant hole half a city block wide since that doesn't involve directly affecting him per se.
In terms of martial arts? Not really any, Touma relies on his own weird style formed through precog, where he reflectively blocks everything with his right hand. Beyond that, he mostly rely on his ridiculous physical endurance to close the distance and knock the opponent out through superior physical strength (he is very strong physically).

Now if you bring a regular sword into the fight, it would actually greatly improve the odds against Touma (guns are better, but swords work too), the only issue is that Touma's body is a bit...hard. He recently got kicked by a fully armored war horse that can run at 180KM/H and came out of it completely unharmed (the kick was stated to kill a regular person).

Regarding the environment, that would actually work, since Touma can't fly, and as long as the creating hole part doesn't directly involve any magic he could touch. I can see Touma losing pretty reliably.

I'm confused. What's exactly stopping Jee-Han from creating a giant golem, and having it literally drop on Touma? Regardless of whether or not he negates it he'd still have to deal with the full weight of that. Even the meteor one would be a pain.

From what I see, Jee-Han would immediately figure out he can negate and cancel attacks the moment he used his favorite attack style of range attacks.

If Jee-Han has actual knowledge of martial arts, he'd beat up Touma because Touma actually tends to have a losing streak against those type of people. Or anyone with guns.

Heck Jee-Han can use telekinesis and attack from afar by tossing normal piles of rocks, or a giant pile of rock at him.

Can't debate too much due to midterm being within an hour.

But my vote is for Gamer.

Good luck on your midterm.

I totally forgot I made the point about trapping him in a giant hole. But yeah, I certainly think Han has the tools to immediately widen the distance, and formulate a strategy once he realizes that all of his direct attacks are fizzling.

Jee-Han does indeed have knowledge of martial arts.

I didn't even think about using telekinesis on regular objects. Or just having the weight of some earth or a golem kill him.

Guess I'll go with Han as well.

Back