• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel's Upgrade

So the new chapter released, MotherF* 500!!! and what was seen is unbelievable Neinhart comes back with Irene's Magical Enhancements, Brandish then tried to use her Magical Power [Here it is Calculated at Island Level] on him but He claims his Magical Power is far greater than that of hers [I doubt he has ascended to the level of Irene's Country Level but let's just call it at least Island level] this also proves the point of Magical Hax level Abilities having no effects on anybody that much higher in power, if anybody doubted it before) but then What's crazy is Natsu Dragneel proceeds to rage out of control, push through the overwhelming magical power and oneshots poor Neinhart in his Base Form I think this calls for some revamps of his stats. Most Likely Bump Neinhart to at least 6-C w/ Irene's Enchantments and Natsu's base to at least 6-C. And alot of stuff was shown with Gray Fullbuster in the Chapter and he deserves some kind of upgrade as well with his new Magical Powers manipulating Invel Yura (Hyouzetsu Kamui ) and wrecking him with it but I'm unsure where to place him.

Ugh... here we go.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. Do remember that Irene's Country level feat required extensive prep and can't really be applied to battle since it only rearranges the environment and cannot deal any direct damage.

I would like to see how Etherious Natsu operates before we start pulling upgrades left and right, since power-scaling will go flying out the window if that's the case.

Edit:

@Xcano

Irene's Large Country level calc done by DontTalk

I'm not even suggesting that we place anyone at Country which would be ridiculous in it's own right i'm simply just stating the fact that Irene has the ability to enchant City Level characters passed the point or to the point of Island Level

@Reppuzan "[Here it is Calculated at Island Level]" I was more talking about this line. There's no link to the Island level calculation.

Ah, my bad.

Nevertheless, I still suggest we wait for Natsu to actually go full Etherious before we start doing anything, due to the notorious inconsistencies in Mashima's writing of this series.

I dont think we should just Start the upgrade now. We dont know for sure how powerful he is at the moment. We should wait a couple chapters or more to see any new abilities or forms he has just for good masure.

Although i still thinking that the top tiers (Invel, Irene and August) could scale from Brandish Island level feat (even more now that Irene showed to be able to make Neinhart above this level)

Firstly, we dont know if that punch actually knocked him out, so we should wait till the next chapter.

If it did knock him out, this honestly seems like PIS/outlier to me... I mean with Irene's enhancement Neinhart should be among the upper echelon of the Spriggan 12 and for base Natsu to knock him out with a single punch when other Spriggan have been tanking hits like this with no problem makes no sense...

-Jacob Lessio tanking Natsu's hits with no damage

-Azeal tanking Natsu and Erza's hits with no damage

-Wahl Icht tanking Laxus' hits with no damage

-Invel tanking hits from enraged Devil Slayer Gray

-Brandish surviving August's attack e.t.c.

Basically what I'm saying is that pretty much every other Spriggan has tanked stronger hits than base Natsu can give out and now you're telling me that empowered Neinhart gets one-shot by him? Doesnt seem right... Perhaps Brandish's power simply has a power threshold when used on people that doesnt equate to its power when used on inanimate objcts, though this is just speculation on my part.

Brandish's feat is environmental destruction and there is nothing to support her power translating to AP.

Let's not jump to conclusions. There is only a single AP feat that has been calculated post-Laxus' feat: FDK Natsu's vaporizing a lake.

Stating that people should scale to Brandish's "Island feat" (which is a shrinking/enlarging hax ability) is like saying that people who are stronger or comparable to Irene should scale to her Large Country feat, when that was her shrinking (not even compressing) Fiore.

But it's via hax. Not direct AP.

We shouldn't start jumping on the hype wagon if Natsu hasn't done anything yet.

@nibbler - It isn't AP... it's the fact that she altered the size of the island. It isn't AP or even ED for that matter. It's hax and nothing else.

This might just be a stupid idea, but could it have been just Natsu's punch that knocked him out, because it says he was greater in magic terms, so he could have a weaker physical body and it had been Natsu's physical fist and not his magic power?

Reppuzan said:
But it's via hax. Not direct AP.
We shouldn't start jumping on the hype wagon if Natsu hasn't done anything yet.
That's exactly the point It was done through hax A.K.A. the same hax she tried using on Neinhart but couldn't because his magical power exceeded her own

That's just magic resisting magic then.

Currently, there's no indication that Natsu is stronger than Buffed Neinhart and we should not be jumping to conclusions just yet.

Once Natsu goes full E.N.D. the we can start discussing this, but otherwise I say leave Natsu where he is.

Reppuzan said:
That's just magic resisting magic then.

Currently, there's no indication that Natsu is stronger than Buffed Neinhart and we should not be jumping to conclusions just yet.

Once Natsu goes full E.N.D. the we can start discussing this, but otherwise I say leave Natsu where he is.
I Agree with this

Neinhart always had garbage tier durability compared to other FT Top Tiers, and even his own AP is much higher than his durability.

And this could always be an outlier or FT's trademark PIS.

Given all of the inconsistencies surrounding this, and that we only have one 7-A attack potency feat, I also think that it may be best to wait for a while to power-scale, but am uncertain.

It also could be argued that this is a weakness of hers and not just a thing magic users has in general. I mean, come on, if your hax doesn't work on those stronger than you... Then it has that weakness. That doesn't mean they can no-sell any hax that comes from a character weaker than they are.

Basically, we should treat this as we do with Hit's time stop: A specific thing from a specific 'verse. We can't just assume they no-sell everything because they have a higher power level than the other. That is basically walking into NLF territory.

My two cents on the matter, really.

The enchantment could have included a hax immunity or neinhart was given a magic like reflector which can deflect magic but not fists, in addition to wind magic. Should probably add life creation and power bestowal to irene's profile since she appears to be able to do that.

@Delta3000

I've temporarily unlocked it. Make the changes and report back when you're done.

Please don't lock the thread until we see the next chapter(s) since he could've been using FDK mode or something else and I believe that would justify these upgrades

I added most recent abilities of Irene to er Powers and abilites section , as well as to her notable techniques/skills.

I've locked it back up.

I'll have to go back to it later though, since Irene's signature spell, Universe One, seems to be missing.

How do we know fot sure Natsu even has an etherious form like the others that's probably what makes him different and I agree on waiting until further into the arc

It is true, howevver not all Tartaros members (excluding Silver who wasnt even demon to begin with) had an Etherious form. Some of them had powerup techniques that werent called Etherious Form (Franmalth transformations and Ezel slash form), some had drawbacks (Seilah had to use Macro in order to perform her Etherious Form) and some of them never used any (Keith). So it looks more like advanced technique restricted to Zeref's artificial demons race rather than innate basic ability of etherious.

SPOILERS, DONT READ IF U HAVENT READ THE LATES FT CHAPTER .i know this topic is a little old, but just to say, FT chap 503 came out today, natsu turned into END and according to dimaria, he was unaffected or imune (depends on the translations) by dimaria's time stop hax and even her god soul wasn't enough

Too soon for that. Neinhart was also unaffected by Brandish's magic due to having superior MP. This could be the same situation. Let's wait a bit more.

Back