• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Schnee you want counter arguments, fine. Andre linoge having potent sleep hax that can affect thousands of people at once. Darth nihilus killing an entire civilization with his voice and passively soul haxing on a planetary scale. Dark Samus being capable of haxing on a planetary scale with Phazon. Twilight Realm being able to affect the entire country of Hyrule. There's so much more out there but the point is that the number of people you affect do affect the potency.

Based on everything above

I think Natsu will beat her before she has a chance to really do anything Super Haxy

So Natsu FRA

The real cal howard said:
Shoulda-been-Lisanna's-love-interest-instead-of-Lucy's fra
Nah Bra, Nalu is Life, also Lisanna doesn't really do anything except for off screening Ajeel

@Demon makes you wonder what's the point of having Lisanna in the story to begin with if she's not even ship-worthy.

That's Hiro's fault. Lisanna could've done much more if Hiro included her more ;_;

Also Lucy cries to much and is the cause of too many problems

Lucy doesn't cry unless Natsu is Severely injured, she also took a major part in saving his life and defeating Acnologia, also she doesn't cause problems except for like one arc

Lisa actually had backstory to be a love interest, Lucy was never treated any different to his other friends so it just came out of nowhere

natsu x lisanna is dead after lisanna fake death so stop it

Voting for Natsu and natsu x lucy fra

Aquilo is arrogant being a dragon, and sees humans as just insects/toys which she can do whatever she wants to, she is a evil character really, doesn't change over the series just that she gains interests in theo due to his power, but is still evil, hence why she isn't part of the wives.

But yea veronica is better in personality and design.

Theglassman12 said:
@Schnee you want counter arguments, fine. Andre linoge having potent sleep hax that can affect thousands of people at once. Darth nihilus killing an entire civilization with his voice and passively soul haxing on a planetary scale. Dark Samus being capable of haxing on a planetary scale with Phazon. Twilight Realm being able to affect the entire country of Hyrule. There's so much more out there but the point is that the number of people you affect do affect the potency.
Sleep Manipulation and Soul Manipulation isn't Death Hax.....

I've always been of the impression that the potency of death hax is measured by what you've killed and how ur death hax does the killings not necessarily how many u can kill in one shot, that seems more like a range matter rather than a potency matter.

@Schnee it doesn't change the fact that the potency of hax has been derived to how many people they affected.

It does actually

The number isn't the only form of potency for every form of Hax, time, causality, death, etc so not rely on one single form of potency measurements.

Talking about Natsu's ability being situational, I think I found out why he couldn't burn Memento Mori. Natsu has already burned something similar to Memento Mori, which is Zero's magic that can take things out of existence or whatever he said. But demons like Mard use Curses, which is specifically noted to be different from magic so Natsu couldn't burn it. Remember that the activation of Face nullified magic, but it didn't do so to Curses because they're different from magic. Natsu can only burn magic, so he couldn't do so to Memento Mori, which is powered by Curses.

Doesn't it make sense? :)

He can't just power null magic, that's an assumption, he usually needs to be stronger to powernull, which with Mard Geer, he was not, At the moment, because then he just went Dragon Force and Wrecked him

I mean, it's still an assumption, Natsu can eat Curses no problem, so maybe he just couldn't react in time for Memento Mori

Was Natsu covered in flames during MM? If not, then he wasn't able to power null because it comes from his flames. Also thinking Natsu can't handle Curse power when he is the biggest and baddest of the Etherious sounds ludicrous.

He wasn't even tapping into his END form at the time, so it would make sense that he couldn't handle curse power

I can't remember, but can't he burn magic without being enveloped in flames. Nothing stopped him from doing so, in any case. He can activate his flames at the drop of a hat, but Gray had to save him. He didn't burn Zero's magic immediately, but after remembering Igneel he raised his power and burned it, iirc. But if I say Natsu's power nullification depends on his emotions, people won't agree with it, so...

Nothing ludicrous about it, in my opinion. It's quite simple; Natsu has only shown that he can nullify magic and Face which can nullify magic doesn't work on Curses, because both are different power sources.

Well yes, he can handle Mard and the rest but how do you interpret that as him nullifying their Curses? He can handle Curses just fine by overpowering and beating up the other Etherious or something. He can one-shot all of them. We also did see that the dude flexed on Dimaria and her time magic. Where does the idea that he must be able to nullify all of them come from? We know that he's stronger than them, but we don't know how exactly he'd handle them. For all we know, he'd just overpower their hax. Brandish couldn't affect Neinhart after he got considerably enhanced, so something similar could happen.

Anyway, it looks like people can't agree on the mechanics of Natsu's ability as always. I'm going to stick to what I've figured out because it makes sense to me. Don't wanna derail this further. Maybe it can be continued in the discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back