• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel vs Tohru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fight takes place along a mountain range.

Natsu: 2 (JBennett, IKazi)

Tohru: 7 (WilliamShadow, Cropfist, ScarletFirefly, Xanxussama1010, Byakushiki Setsura, KuuIchigo, Delta3000)

Inconclusive: 0

Everyone's favorite dragons.

Both 6-C, both serious about winning. Speed equalized if need be.

Natsu Anime S2
Tohru

If she can stay invisible the entire time and is capable of attacking like that then i don't see Natsu doing anything.

So can she stay invisible and attack?

And yes speed must be equalised cause Natsu would blitz stomp.

Tohru. Flight, invisibility, teleportation, curse manipulation and way longer range with more experience.

WilliamShadow said:
If she can stay invisible the entire time and is capable of attacking like that then i don't see Natsu doing anything.

So can she stay invisible and attack?

And yes speed must be equalised cause Natsu would blitz stomp.
She probably could stay invisible and attack, though we've only ever seen her use her invisibility to get back at Kobayashi's boss (if my memory serves). But it'd make sense if she used it in a fight too.

Natsu stomp or natsu get stomp...betwen both...you should choose someone like irene to make it fair fight cos tohru is to hax for natsu to handle

Hmm... I doubt she can attack with invisibility,but she can at least use it to get in position and attack by surprise. Anyway, I go with her for flight and invisibility.

Also for future reference, Tohru's curse killing won't be counted as we haven't seen it in action.

Omega998 said:
This is stomp...you know about tohru right? she just like zeref v2 for now
Do you think Zeref would be a better match? Cuz I can change it if need be. But Zeref is High 6-C while Tohru is 6-C (though her hax abilities could help keep up).

Nah,with Zeref having durabilty negation (which is actually instant kill)and time stop it's rather desicive.

Sadly still stomp cos zeref is high 6C The only one i can think right now is base irene but yeah ( I don't really know)

The reason i denied that thread is 1.Irene is large island lvl and her at least island status is actually not hers,but the two animate swords so it's a stomp

2. It not state this is base irene or dragon form or she can turn to drafon form in fight

Natsu's attacks should be more effective agatins Tohru since she is a dragon and Natsu does use Dragon slayer magic he has an advantager there, pluse by the looks of it most of her abilites explode giving Natsu the advantage there since he's shown to resist explosion attacks. Natsu has delt with beings who can go invisible so he's not at a disavantage here. the example of her regen doesn't really show to be useful in a battle.

I say Natsu with high dificulty with Dragon Slayer magic, his resistance to fire, and he can regain stamina when he eats most of her attacks.

Vote for dragon maid. Natsu should has hard time to deal with her invisibility and teleport. She can use these to deal damage from any direction before Natsu can notice. And her regen also give her advantage, she can still fight if her head still remain.

i vote for natsu, invisibility is useless in this match, since natsu can use his nose to track her smell just like he did to lucy when she became invisble, teleportion is gonna be useless because of natsu's reflexes.

flight isn't gonna do much here since natsu can lunch himself in the air using his fire to temporarily fly in the air.

natsu is skilled in hands to hands combat, so once he catches her, he is not gonna let go and ends the fight at that moment.

also natsu was able to vaporize sand just from releasing his magic and i think that's around
2,000┬░ C, which means that natsu's flames is gonna be a real problem for her to get close to.

natsu is at least island level in this fight while tohru is likely island level.

i give this mid-difficulty to natsu.

IKazi said:
invisibility is useless in this match, since natsu can use his nose to track her smell just like he did to lucy when she became invisble
Well Tohru actually covers her presence entirely, including scent and her voice.

Gojira1234 said:
Well Tohru actually covers her presence entirely, including scent and her voice.
even if that's true, it's still useless when you look at natsu's reflexes and his flames, she won't be able to use sneak attack with natsu's flames everywhere, she is gonna get burned really badly.

i'm guessing she is only "Likely island" level in her dragon form, if that's the case, has she ever used invisblity or teleportion in her dragon form?

i'm guessing she is only "Likely island" level in her dragon form, if that's the case, has she ever used invisblity or teleportion in her dragon form? </div> No she's 6-C even in her human form. And no she hasn't used her invisibility as a dragon (yet), but there's no reason to assume she couldn't.

IKazi said:
i'm guessing she is only "Likely island" level in her dragon form, if that's the case, has she ever used invisblity or teleportion in her dragon form?
No she's 6-C even in her human form. And no she hasn't used her invisibility as a dragon (yet), but there's no reason to assume she couldn't.

Gojira1234 said:
No she's 6-C even in her human form. And no she hasn't used her invisibility as a dragon (yet), but there's no reason to assume she couldn't.
she is "Likely island" level because 3 islands vanished as a result of her fight with elma, and i'm guessing she used her true form because that's when she is strongest.

she has never shown anything close to being island level in her human form.

and if she has never shown invisblity or teleportion in her dragon form why should we believe she can, unless she can use invisblity or teleportion in her dragon form i think we should remove it from this fight.

FYI, the only difference between human and dragon Tohru is her visual appearance. Here is the in-universe explanatio for her appearance (a bit NSFW because n!p sl!p). Besides that, there is absolutely no difference, so it's pointless to discuss whether her arsenal of abilities changes depending on her form.

Back on topic, I'm assuming we're using standard battle assumption for starting distance (highest common range for both is several hundreds of meters). So as the fight start, Natsu will most likely run charging in (in-character), while Tohru has the advantage of flight can stay in the air and spam her fire attacks (her usual method of combat as we've seen so far) then realized that fire would be useless against Natsu as he eats said attacks. From what we've seen in Dragon Maid, her fire breath is Tohru's only long-range method of combat, so as soon as she realized that it was useless, she will close in and use her invisibility and teleportation for close-range attacks (and yes, if she can trip Kobayashi's boss while being invisible, what's stopping her from punching, kicking, biting Natsu while being invisible?). Natsu will have to fight an opponent that can teleport, hide her presence, AND regenerate at the same time. Given Natsu's character I can see him countering being hit by an invisible enemy by using attacks that have wide AoE, but Tohru's teleportation and regen can cover that. And here are two examples for her regen useful for battle (both occured within one fight).

Overall my vote goes to Tohru with medium difficulty

@Byakushiki Setsura thanks for the scans, but that doesn't really change anything like i said before.

invisebilty and teleportion are useless in this fight dua to natsu's reflexes and flames, she won't be able to get close to natsu because of his flames, they're around 2,000┬░ C.

and flight is gonna be useless if natsu can use his flames to temporarily fly in the air.

also if she turns in to a dragon, their would be so many openings for natsu to attack dua to her size being so big. also natsu uses something called a dragonslayer magic, a magic that is more effective against dragons.

natsu is a expert in hand to hand combat and tohru isn't, how in the world would she even be able to get close to him let alone bite him, that just doesn't make sense.

natsu has also fought jacob lessio, someone who uses the same abilty as tohru while holding back, what makes you think tohru is gonna be any diffrent than jacob.

she only got a low-mid Regenerationn, that isn't helping at all, this is a fight with island level characters, such a low tier Regenerationn isn't gonna do anything in this fight.

once again i'm gonna say this, tohru is "Likely island" level and natsu is "At least island" level, in another words, natsu is conformed island level in this fight while tohru isn't.

i give this mid-difficulty to natsu.

@IKazi

My whole paragraph was taking their characters into account, so have you seen Natsu launch himself into the air more often than charging in?

Also, to counter your point about Jacob, I just re-read the fight, and both Natsu and Lucy were having their asses kicked by Jacob, until Lucy pulled out the trick with Gemini. In my paragraph, Natsu will have to fight a Jacob that can also teleport and regenerate. And if the gap in power is not massive, that regen is gonna help a plenty.

Also wait a minute... Natsu has a Likely Island level key too, so why are you using his At least Island level form for this discussion?

I'm highly confused, does the invisibility of this uh Tohru lass completely erase her presence, including smell and sound? Because as far as I understand reading the FT chapter again Jacob doesn't just become invisible, he becomes transparent (I think this distinction should be made) so if Torhu has invisibility to such an extent then yeah Natsu wouldn't really be able to match her, but if not then his enhanced senses will cover this weakness. Also while Natsu does in fact charge his opponents directly (largely because most of his foes are earth bound), he has shown he is able to launch himself into the air if his opponents can fly eg the sun village arc when he's fighting that wired one eyed bird thing and when he launches himself towards igneel and Acnologia. Edit: NVM had a look at her profile myself, she can erase her voice and sound, so really she has a significant hax advantage here. Honestly Irene would have been a better match for her

I mean, it's not entirely necessary though it's advisable. It's like if a character has multiple 7-B versions and the creator of the thread doesn't specify the exact version, we'll have to assume the character affected is in his strongest version (whether in hax or something else).

Though I guess Gojira should specify.

@Byakushiki Setsura

yes natsu has shown to lunch himself in the air if his opponents can fly, that's why i said he can "temporarily fly".

also their are no fire resistanst for tohru on her profile, the only good thing tohru had in this fight is her teleportion, invisblity and flight, and all of them can be counterd

like i said before, natsu was holding back against jacob lessio because they where fighting inside the guild, when they both came outside the guild, natsu ended the fight with a single hit.

also jacob lessio's abiltys are much better than tohru.

and low-mid regenerion isn't gonna do anything if you burned your opponents body to ashes or cut off their heads.

if she becomes invisble natsu can always cover himself in flames and make the whole area up in flames so tohru can't even get close, also natsu is a great fight who has good reflexes.

i used "At least island" level for natsu because that's his FDKM, unless you guys want to use "Likely island" level and that's his base form.

@Devidsteel1 human form irene is "At least island" and that's just stomp.

IKazi said:
@Byakushiki Setsura
yes natsu has shown to lunch himself in the air if his opponents can fly, that's why i said he can "temporarily fly".

also their are no fire resistanst for tohru on her profile
Fair points, no argument there. Tohru has not demonstrated any fire resistance, so I'm not gonna argue with that, but being a FIRE dragon she is at least resistant to some degree.

But I disagree about the rest:

1. Please re-read the fight. Natsu defeated a VISIBLE Jacob who was surprised attacked by Makarov. He didn't land a single blow on invisible Jacob. Big difference there

2. You can't turn someone to ashes if the power gap is small. No argument about possible decapitation though.

3. Tohru can always use teleportation to get close to Natsu to land a hit, and teleport out of his range after landing said hit. Combine that with invisibility. Natsu had trouble against invisible Jacob inside a building, so he will struggle even harder against Tohru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back