• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 28

It stresses me how I have 12 tickets to burn and I don't have anyone I want to roll for the next few days (aiming to drop Da Vinci with some tix). My summon trigger finger is itching and I'm having a lot of problems holding it down.

We should rename this month to No Summon November, and hope that my quartz make it to Ereshkigal.

Q: In the end of the Rin route, was it Shirou that projected Rho Aias in the Shirou vs Gilgamesh fight? Or was it Archer? In "Fate/side material", it's said that it was projection magic from Archer, but in the story, there was the depiction of Shirou "pulling the shield from the hill". Does this mean that this switched to Archer's scene?

A:
This has been easy to misunderstand, but the part about Archer supporting Shirou was the time before Shirou pulled out Rho Aias, before Shirou came to his realization. After Shirou's monologue about his surprise that he was still alive after taking Gil's attack, "If I survived, there must have been a reason why I survived. But that was simply something I didn't have any control over." That was the "Rho Aias" that Archer made to help Shirou in a way that wouldn't let Gilgamesh know there was someone else waiting to ambush him.

It seems like that quote is saying that the earlier barrage from Gil was blocked by Archer, while this one (post-realization) was Shirou. It doesn't make any sense for this one to be Archer

No, Archer's happens when he uses Ea in a once in a lifetime whim against a TRASH like Shirou, then Shirou used his when he was chanting and Gilgamesh was barraging with weapons.

Well yeah they're probably comparable, my assumption is just that if one of them is stronger it would be UBW Shirou post-Rin boost.

Also Archer was actively trying to kill Shirou and couldn't because Shirou was refusing to die and rapidly closing the gap between them.

But there's no post Rin boost, that wasn't permanent. That was the whole point of the union. Otherwise Rin would just be recharging Shirou, who would be recharging Saber in the good ending, which makes little sense if she wants Shirou's help keeping her alive because she consumes too much mana without the Grail giving support.

He could have still easily killed Shirou. The whole point of that exchange is that he wanted to break Shirou, not kill him,. trashing him physically was just an add on. He wasn't hit, he let Shirou hit him, and he didn't fail to kill him he wasn't trying as much as he actually could.

Im not saying it's permanent, Im saying that while recently-boosted he is stronger than HF Shirou, even if just for a bit.

Im rereading the archer fight now

20191123 000553
Archer is trying to crush Shirou's skull. This is before Archer gave up, but after he is explicitly fighting seriously

20191123 000603
"A fatal attack... Made with all his might"

20191123 000733
Full strength

That is entirely leaving out the bit where Archer himself says Shirou is leaving all skill out and just going as hard as he can go, the one where Shirou himself notes he broke an arm and a leg blocking that full power attack, and that Archer didn't try to block that last attack that he could very much block "easily".

Or that, again, this is Archer after wasting a lot of mana on Cu and a full day disconnected from a master, Independent Action or not.

1. True but I'm not debating skill

2. True but he still blocked it, and that last attack was made by Archer. A fatal attack was described as easily deflected.

3. That's fair

Back