• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 26

So yeah, Karna gave it to Jinako before CCC story started. I don't really understand though if Jinako after that part dies or escaped the moon or smtg

Nobody calls how Demiya one shots Vlad Lancer in FGO CCC manga newest chapter and then unexpectedly Kazura kills still by stabbing Vlad from behind?

He doesn't have it only after the delete starts happening so that if can't effect Jinako. As far as I remember, she does indeed survive thanks to it.

Just want to confess a bit. It's just, for me that Ooku feels like Deus Ex Machina than any other singularity or Lostbelt. Because, even against previous Beasts, the allies there were summoned by characters that know who they should summon (CasGil and BB) or just all summoned like fighting Goetia.

But Ooku feels like more Deus ex Machina because it just so happens that every characters there are the right Servants and characters to fight Kama (ex. Yagyuu, Schehezerade and Mata Hari). Counter Force influence was blocked off by Kama and practically no wise or powerful characters were there like BB or Gilgamesh to summon the right kind of Servants. Even if Mata Hari or Schehezerade died before the final battle, they will lose the battle completely.

Tl;dr it feels like just Deus ex Machina when there seemed to be no recognizable factor for the right Servants and allies to just happen to be there to win against Kama/Mara.

You know, even if they don't meet the bar set by by Gilgamesh, it's still pretty funny that the Moon Cell would let people summon extremely powerful servants with authorities it can't override. Silly Moon Cell.

Wasnt the victory more because of kasuga then the other servants? Iirc she regained control of ooku or something? Also I dont think it is a deus ex machina. That would be if the servants randomly came up at the end of the maze without any proper story set up before.

SS2V said:
You know, even if they don't meet the bar set by by Gilgamesh, it's still pretty funny that the Moon Cell would let people summon extremely powerful servants with authorities it can't override. Silly Moon Cell.
Literally Moon Cell:

Creates Gilgamesh. Boi too powerful. Cannot delete. Tries to seal. Fails.

He allows himself to be sealed, probably out of sympathy for the poor Moon Cell.

Well, the moon cell is essentially a computer. And I've seen some computers do some really stupid things in the past, like deleting their own OS.

Really, it would be OOC for the Moon Cell to not do stupid things.

The Mooncell has a higher Dimensional mind/brain/perspective so what if he knew all.tgese events would happen, or are needed/necessary events to persevere the universe (or maybe the Multiverse?) So what if it created these events itself? Or maybe it predicted the Possibility of an outside force like velbar would meddle with it, and created countermeasures such as gilgamesh, and Karna?? Also, in CCC it's actually the Mooncell who is the primary villain. Also, BB is the Mooncell. She manipulated it's past and changed it where she was always the Mooncell

Everything besides 5, 8, 9 and 10 as far as I am concerned. 5 can be argued depending what Deathlessness is and the others are more of a "I doubt Shiki can understand the concept of death of such a complex being". 8 is just because he needs to actually affect the real person.

Why Kiara doesn't have Large Size in her profile here? Her profile clearly says she is huge, up to 16 yojana iirc as Servant, and up to unknown as Beast. It's shown even more in Ooku Epilogue that she shows up agains as a giant in Kama's universe, even clearly stating that she is a giant woman that takes all love for herself, contrast to Kama whom an infinite woman that gives love to all.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Everything besides 5, 8, 9 and 10 as far as I am concerned. 5 can be argued depending what Deathlessness is and the others are more of a "I doubt Shiki can understand the concept of death of such a complex being". 8 is just because he needs to actually affect the real person.
Good to know, thanks.

Makkurona said:
Why Kiara doesn't have Large Size in her profile here? Her profile clearly says she is huge, up to 16 yojana iirc as Servant, and up to unknown as Beast. It's shown even more in Ooku Epilogue that she shows up agains as a giant in Kama's universe, even clearly stating that she is a giant woman that takes all love for herself, contrast to Kama whom an infinite woman that gives love to all.
She doesn't even have Authority resistances on her.

Pretty sure she should have Authority and Authority resistance as BB stated that her Ten Thousand Color Stagnation skill is an Authority like skill not to mention a being close to a True Daemon which is a big fuckery in Nasuverse.

Nvm. I just checked Kiara's profiles and as Servant her size goes up to half yojana at best as Servant and at least as a Beast, which is about 3-7.5 km high, which is about Mountain Size.

Edit: on wikipedia a yojana is about 12-15 km, while on the profile materials about 6-15 km.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Extella Gil isn't CCC Gil iirc.

Extella Gil was dying due to the influence of the Dark Side of the Moon, which CCC Gil shrugged off like nothing.
So after taking another look at this scene, I'm not sure the discrepancy everyone's seeing is really there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the corrupting influence of the Far Side, as seen in CCC, is just an undirected environmental hazard, an effect of the malicious information stored there, isn't it? But in Extella, Gilgamesh seems to tie the corruption to some kind of mysterious agency (possibly related to Velber?) and describes it as a weapon being used against him:

"...Hmph. It looks like the second one has arrived. Altera is merely a force of physical destruction, but this is unfortunately a weapon that corrupts the soul..."

"...Now. Is this phenomenon the original source of the Goddess of Revenge, or something that has merely taken its shape? Not that it matters much to me. I will see for myself the truth of Velber a step ahead of you all...!"

The source is vaguely the same (malicious information from the far side of the moon), but I see no reason to assume that the potency is the same if the curse is directed, or that Gilgamesh would still be unaffected if the potency were greater.

I could be misunderstanding this since I'm missing a lot of context, but that's my impression at face value.

EDIT: He also isn't overcome, and leaves saying he'll be back, to fight no less, after taking care of business.

Since he spent an eternity in the Far Side, if it was affecting him (killing him) he would've been dead before the events of Extra CCC. The idea that effects are shown in Extella and not before just isn't logical.

If something isn't potent enough to harm you at all, it doesn't matter how long you're exposed to it. But that doesn't mean that it couldn't harm you at higher doses. I see no reason to think that the "dose" Gilgamesh gets in Extella is the same, since he seems to imply he's being attacked by something or someone, whereas he wasn't (I don't think?) in CCC.

And Kabbalah had nothing to do with Golems but here we are.

Plus, it's a bit of a wild throw at once whether the translations are fully faithful all the time.

Wiki

The Golem
The Hebrew word ÎÉÎ×ά 'Emeth' also figures in Jewish mythology. In one version of the golem legend, the Kabbalist Elijah Ba'al Shem of Chelm crafts in clay a man's form, which he brings to life by writing word ÎÉÎ×ά on its forehead.

Back