• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
The last thread was getting pretty full and long, so here's a fresh one to keep the loading times down.

Just as before, this is a place to discuss all things Nasuverse, whether it be profiles, characters, terminology, mediums, or whatever else you'd like to bring up about the franchise. So let's get started already!

Range: At least several kilometers with casual spells, Planetary with ...

Standard Equipment: His ten god-given rings that allow him to control every form of magecraft that was every performed by mankind.

Yup yup. I know little of Grand Order other than that Spear waifu is hot and Gilgamesh is a tool, so this is the least I can do.

Should we really have the durability of the Demon Gods at Country level? Pashupata is 6-B and it killed 28 of them.

I rated them as such based on Kamiyasha's suggestion. Maybe I should write possibly...

The Demon Gods are also able to tank the likes of System Keraunos and Excalibur with only moderate damage.

Reppuzan said:
The Demon Gods are also able to tank the likes of System Keraunos and Excalibur with only moderate damage.
I thought tanking something with moderate damage just meant the character had the same durability as the attack's AP?

It does, however, it was only felled in one blow by the power of Country level attacks. In addition, several of them were manifested by the power of Servants with Noble Phantasms that are this powerful, such has Cu Alter, who tanked the likes of Vasavi Shakti with the help of the Grail's mana.

If they are one-shotted by Country-level attacks and the next most powerful thing they tanked is Island level, i don't see why they would have Country level durability.

Being manifested by Servants with Country level AP doesn't mean they have Country level durability. Huge gaps between AP and durability are common in the Nasuverse, just look at Mashu.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. If Cu Alter survived Vasavi Shakti then it should be fine to have their durability at Country level.

I wonder what's the thing with 90% of the caster being inventors, writers, scientists and mostly of them existed.

Aside Tesla, obviously. Archer FTW. lol

@KamiYasha

Probably because of the fact that they have no traits that would qualify them for other classes, not to mention the relative lack of notable individuals who went down in history and myth as warlocks.

Plus, the power of a Heroic Spirit is defined by their legend, and who writes and creates legends...

Anyways, according to the videos I posted above, Fate/Extra Archer is able to use Excalibur Galatine and Gae Bolg: The Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death in rapid succession.

I've made a gif of it and posted it in his profile if no one minds.

Reppuzan said:
Anyways, according to the videos I posted above, Fate/Extra Archer is able to use Excalibur Galatine and Gae Bolg: The Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death in rapid succession.
I've made a gif of it and posted it in his profile if no one minds.
He also used Aestus Estus and Excalibur/Excalibur Image not sure which one.

Reppuzan said:
@KamiYasha
Probably because of the fact that they have no traits that would qualify them for other classes, not to mention the relative lack of notable individuals who went down in history and myth as warlocks.

Plus, the power of a Heroic Spirit is defined by their legend, and who writes and creates legends...
I'm not saying that they are fit to be Saber or Archer.

Lol, Lancer Shakespeare would be hilarious.

But, since Tesla is an Archer and Florence Nightingale is a Berserker; I'm just waiting for Mother Teresa as an Avenger! XD

That would be freaking hilarious. Especially since we have ROAD ROLLER DA Saint Martha as Ruler.

Would Jesus fall under the Ruler class or the Saver class?

Well, the conditions to be a Ruler are being catholic/cristian or something like that.

So, yeah. But, i believe there is an interview where Nasu said that: he wouldn't participate because he wouldn't like to fight in a war or something like that.

Fair enough. I could still imagine Saint Peter being a Servant.

New Extella PVs, Medusa and Archimedes. Dayum Archimedes looks OP and we know his class is Caster now.
Fateµû░õ¢£ÒéóÒé»ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│『Fate EXTELLA』ÒéÀÒâºÒâ╝ÒâêÒâùÒâ¼ÒéñÕïòþö╗ÒÇÉÒéóÒâ½Òé¡ÒâíÒâçÒé╣ÒÇæþ»ç-0
Fateµû░õ¢£ÒéóÒé»ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│『Fate EXTELLA』ÒéÀÒâºÒâ╝ÒâêÒâùÒâ¼ÒéñÕïòþö╗ÒÇÉÒéóÒâ½Òé¡ÒâíÒâçÒé╣ÒÇæþ»ç-0

Fateµû░õ¢£ÒéóÒé»ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│『Fate EXTELLA』ÒéÀÒâºÒâ╝ÒâêÒâùÒâ¼ÒéñÕïòþö╗ÒÇÉÒâíÒâëÒéÑÒâ╝ÒéÁÒÇæþ»ç
Fateµû░õ¢£ÒéóÒé»ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│『Fate EXTELLA』ÒéÀÒâºÒâ╝ÒâêÒâùÒâ¼ÒéñÕïòþö╗ÒÇÉÒâíÒâëÒéÑÒâ╝ÒéÁÒÇæþ»ç

Should Lancer be upgraded to "possibly 7-A"? He held off Gilgamesh in a defensive battle for twelve hours, presumably dodging, blocking, and deflecting countless projectiles from GoB in the meantime.

Sounds okay to me, i guess? Though if we upgraded him, wouldn't we also have to upgrade everyone with B rank strenght?

Oh, btw, before anyone brings it up, Battle Continuation, Protection from Arrows and Rune Magic barriers are not enough to hold Gil off for twelve hours.

NotEvenHuman said:
Sounds okay to me, i guess? Though if we upgraded him, wouldn't we also have to upgrade everyone with B rank strenght?
Well, while I'm not a fan of the Nasuverse, I do know there are oddities with the Servants (Caster (Fate/Extra), for instance), so this may be one of them.

True, but he still blocked weapons that could punch through freaking Heracles.

From what is written on his profile, PfA only helps him see the trajectory of the attack. That's not enough to survive against Gil for 12 hours.

We don't really know what weapons he used against Lancer and what he used vs Berserker, and rating them all at 7-A isn't accurate, since all of his weapons have various effects, some of which may have proved more effect against Lancer than Berserker (kinda like Type Advantage). Plus, Protection from Arrows, and Battle Continuation can also let Lancer last longer against long range Archers like Gil and such, who only rely on projectile spam.

EDIT: Here's what it says in his Personal Skills.

" Personal Abilities Battle Continuation: A
Legend tells that the dying C├║ Chulainn tied himself to a tree before taking his last breath. For he who possesses such a legend, the dying struggle is particularly fierce. Even in a hopeless battle, C├║ Chulainn was still able to demonstrate astonishing tenacity, delaying Gilgamesh for half a day.
Against Emiya who dextrously fended off his spear thrusts, C├║ Chulainn countered with an unyielding fighting spirit.
Disengage: C
The ability to withdraw from the battlefield in the midst of combat. Having been commanded to go on reconnaissance missions by his Master Kotomine, it can be said that this ability was fully demonstrated. From the start, C├║ Chulainn excelled in seeing through battle situations, and had the responsibility to wage war and withdraw repeatedly from all the Servants.
Runes: B
Cú Chulainn obtained 18 Runes from his studies with Scáthach (Norse Runes), appropriately using them to respond in different situations. It is said that among these runes, one with the purpose of searching existed. It was the ability that supported his elusive actions during the Holy Grail War.
Protection from Arrows: B
Ability to deal with projectiles. This is a power Cu Chulainn was born with. It's said that it's possible for him to avoid any long range attack if he has made visual confirmation of his opponent. He can deal with most projectiles even in conditions where the opponent cannot be visually seen. Even if the battle with Hasan Sabbaha, he cancelled the throwing swords hurled from the darkness. As long as the attack is a thrown type, he can avoid even Noble Phantasms, but he can't gain the effects of this protection with respect to wide range attack types where the attack range of the weapon explodes on impact, or a direct attack by a weapon that has simply long reach."

From Fate/complete material III, on Lancer's profile sheet.

PfA + Disengage + BC do make a good skillset for kiting/delaying by dodging, running away and coming back for more. Plus BC's description explicitly states that it is one of the main reasons for surviving 12 hours vs Gilgamesh.

Reppuzan said:
So... according to the Type-Moon Wiki Altera/Atilla stalemated Scathach and is stated to above Heroic Spirits in Grand Order. Upgrades incoming?
Where says that?

Apparently in Scathach's Trial Quest, she fights the God-Slayer mano-a-mano.

This brief exchange was at the bottom of the citation list on Altera's Type-Moon Wiki Page:

Scathach: You've taken my attack. So, your title of "Great King of Destruction" isn't just for show.

Altera: ...I'm the one who's surprised. It took on my sword but it didn't get destroyed. What is... that spear?

Altera being stronger than most Servants at her full power makes sense, with all of that alien stuff going on in Extella. We haven't seen how much stronger she is though, so i'd rather wait until the game comes out for us. Stalemating Scathach is also not really enough for an upgrade unless we have confirmation of Altera tanking or blocking Gae Bolg Alternative, but it doesn't seem like that's the case.

And on an unrelated note, why are the Fate/Prototype Servants the only ones with MHS speed? Shouldn't they be scaled to everyone else?

It seems there are 3 different Altera from some lore that is passing around from Fate/Extella(mostly on Beast's Lair) and that Extella's Altera is not the same one as Attila the Hun. Altera is an alien thing meant to destroy civilisations. There are 3 of her, the Velber units and their 'pilots'. Also the first(?) Altera, Attilaight Cell was like a Titan version of Altera and it's back up cell that was found sleeping in it's corpse later became Atilla the Hun/Altera (Earth), this is F/GO's version while Extella's Altera is Altera(Moon). Attilaight Cell was beaten by a holy sword user around 14000 BC even though swords came into existence in 3100 BC. Some people think it was the Grand Saber that defeat her and that is was a Grand Saber version of Arturia, which could make sense she is the neutral party in Extella and must be so to once again help the Mooncell. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.

KamiYasha said:
Arturia Grand Saber?
No. Please no. That would be a huge disappointment.
As much of a disappointment it would be, i can't really think of anyone else to fill the role, except maybe Miyamoto Musashi. But if they absolutely need to have Artoria as the Grand Saber, then i want it to be Arthur instead of Artoria. He's too underused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back