• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 17

Merlin also isn't completely human. Fairly certain he is immortal or something. Zouken's method of immortality was also just terrible in general since he is constantly swapping bodies in an inefficient way, especially when compared to the likes of Touko and Roa.

But I thought the point of switching out bodies didn't matter because your soul is just gonna crumble away despite the fact? I mean, wasn't the whole point of Zouken's wish for the grail was a way for him to become immortal so he could make his own utopia or something?

Also, I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere that mages could extend their lifespan far beyond normal. Like, Zouken was 300 by the time of the first Holy Grail War. Is the soul supposed to last that long?

Becuz souls are complicated little things.

Wiki says that they rot when fixed to a mortal body, so it shouldn't matter if you use an 'eternal youth' spell on yourself because your soul will still die anyway.

Yet Gilgamesh gets a youth potion for the sole purpose of making himself immortal.

Doesn't make much sense.

It could just have to do with the fact that he didn't have the means to properly move his body across vessels. DAs still have souls but those aren't rotting. Scathach has no reason to lack a soul when she had one originally and her nature just changed.

It seems to just be something inherently wrong in whatever Zouken does to remain alive, or an oversight by Nasu (but then again, Merlin, Scathach and DAs aren't "mortal creatures" as far as I understand it).

Also Balo, he wanted immortality due to his corruption. His original wish of living till the Holy Grail did it's function properly degraded along with him after 200 years, then he just wanted to acquire it.

From what I remember from old BL discussions. Soul rot is only for humans.

Scathach doesn't have soul rot because she exceeded her humanity and got thrown away with her shadow realm. While Merlin is half incubus that can live as a materialized soul in the Reverse Side.

As for Dead Apostles, their souls rot slower due to True Ancestor stuff.

Li Shuwen isn't comparable to Living Scathach.

IIRC She turned halfway into a Divine Spirit after countless battles against the dead due to being the gatekeeper of the land of shadows which is close to the world of spirits.

Does anyone else find it cool in a scary way that when things die to King Hassan's NP, they don't get a "fade away into purple/gold particles", they're just gone.

Monarch Laciel said:
Does anyone else find it cool in a scary way that when things die to King Hassan's NP, they don't get a "fade away into purple/gold particles", they're just gone.
It's even cooler when you instant death an enemy with over 1M HP with it.

Monarch Laciel said:
Makes you wonder if we should give him Existence Erasure.

Iirc, the lack of fading away used to be a glitch that was fixed, but people liked the lack of it, so they put it back.

Found something interesting about F/R again:

Nzambi: Class is unknown. Nzambi is a main antagonist as a serial killer who cuts anyone who has Command Spell then collect their hands as decoration. He is the main responsible for the outbreak in Holy Grail Tournament. Possesses a black magic of resurrect a dead person by using voodoo and spread "Death". The reason Nzambi possesses this ability due "zombie" word comes from the origin of Nzambi's name Sounds like Vlad III Apocrypha has new best friend...

Lucius from F/P Fragment also made a cameos, and Yoshitsune is mentioned too, no confirmation about the gender and class too, and she war full armor.

It come from Goetia, because Solomon made him so Solomon should be able to do everything Goetia can.

Not sure that's right though, as I'm pretty sure summoning yourself is Independent Manifestation, a Beast skill

Self Summoning should be a skill Goetia has, cuz I sure as hell don't remember anything Solomon being able to do that.

Edit: Okay checked. Apparently there's even those like Void Shiki and Alter Ego Servant Kiara having it (Void I assume has to do with her just being connected to the Root or whatever, and Kiara being a former Beast or whatever when you summon her) but AFAIK, Solomon doesn't have that ability but rather Goetia.

I'm trying really hard not to whale for gramps now that the SQ reserve is dry.

So I'm farming bond for Interlude Quartz, lol.

Monarch Laciel said:
It come from Goetia, because Solomon made him so Solomon should be able to do everything Goetia can.
Not sure that's right though, as I'm pretty sure summoning yourself is Independent Manifestation, a Beast skill
Solomon can theoretically perform all feats of magecraft, right? If he wanted to, he could give himself Independent Manifestation like Merlin did. Although he has to be summoned, if not incarnated at the time.

I feel like we should massively upgrade Satsujinki.

He curbstomped Forte who claimed to be capable of going toe-to-toe against Burial Agents. Ciel at her peak claimed that she was only barely comparable to the other Burial Agents, having only her ridiculous Regenerationn as her claim to membership. Ciel can fight defensively against the average Servant with an average NP, which I consider as basically EMIYA but with only Kanshou and Bakuya and no overedge. That or just his bow, standard arrows, and no Projection.

So the scaling basically goes: Satsujinki>>>Forte=Burial Agent>Average Servant/Discount EMIYA>Ciel.

I don't know what the upgrades would be, or if we even ca, but it definitely feels like Satsujinki's weaker than he should be on his profile.

Apparently. I remember it being combined with the Nanaya Shiki key once, but now Shiki's profile is just one key of him in Tsukihime. I've been meaning to ask about that, actually. Was there a CRT for the change or am I just remembering wrong?

Holy crap, Heaven's Feel II's fight scene between Arturia Alter and Herakles got leaked on Youtube and it is glorious af. Ufotable went full Apocrypha on us my dudes.

Back