• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 13

Monarch Laciel said:
Ok, now I 100% want Grand Saber Arthur
who wouldn't? :p

@Gemmysaur maybe the World did summon him as Grand Saber to beat up Sefar...

Speaking of Arthur, maybe Surtr's Sword has connection to Excalibur. being forged by the planet. not to mention Holy Swords have one common trait : beam of light that is very hot.

and Twilight Sword is the very embodiment of Heat. hence it must be a (Divine) Holy Sword.

huh, now I'm imagining Arthur got possessed by Surtr.

Surtr would have man-handled everyone if it wasn't for the combined efforts of bropolean, a girl who twists reality to get a desired outcome, and a student president whose gf wants to kill him.

And then everyone dies in the end.

If this is bait, I will ensure that your lineage will not continue.

Any source for that? Because damn son, after Arthur, I'll be saving up for that guy.

I've only been able to find info more or less, though admittedly it's not much of any finding, on his spears but nothing much on his swords and what special abilities they may have held.

I did just found out that Diarmuid actually used a sword and spear from each of the pairs he's known for wielding, which feels osd that he's only able to be summomed with just spears or swords but I suppose it's super tricky and hard to incorporate a Servant using one of each and classifying them as either one class alone? IDEK (shrugs)

is it about this?

He used Gáe Dearg and Moralltach for adventures which were matters of life and death, and Gáe Buidhe and Beagalltach for lesser battles."

@John: Yeah, that bit there. In his legend, he actually uses one of each of his spears and swords.

I'm guessing him being in a Class container prevents him from using that stule, however.

Well, apparently, he was at his strongest with Moralltach because it is said that his death could've been avoided, had he not left it at home. Also, he used it to cut the tree of the berries of youth, so the insta-death thing could've been from there, but tbh, said sword being his best weapon could've been interpreted as having higher than normal damage instead of insta-death, imo.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
@John
That's because Tomoe is an archer :v
Right, some archers, aren't really using a bow.

Well originaly Shinji was good, but when he found out that he's not the successor of the Matou, that's the time he started abusing Sakura.

I was reading the thread about the Demonbane downgrade and the game Nitroplus Blasterz was canon. So, Saber got a 1-A incarnation? Not really sure about this......

More on Diarmuid, I do wonder how DW will handle the lore of his swords for his Saber self. If Wikipedia is anything to go by, Moralltach was said to be able to leave "no stroke nor blow unfinished by the first trail". And it was paired up with Beagalltach which was of lesser power than it (whatever the heck that means or refers to, I'll wait on more info of him with that) that was passed down to Diarmuid in his life even though his legend makes him only use one of each as has been said so many times here.

Still, a Saber version of Diarmuid and him being a Quick NP type one sounds and looks pretty dope.

FInally, Celtic-Lancelot gets the class he deserves. According to lore, he should actually be more powerful with Moralltach. It leaves no blow nor stroke unfinished, which could translate into a sword that always hits or something. He has another sword tho nobody should actually care about it. It breaks after smacking a boar.

That's pretty much it, I guess. It's also what he didn't bring with him plus Gae Dearg.

With the way Moralltach's ability sounds and what we know of Gae Dearg, that's about enough of a reason on how he died when he didn't bring those and instead got Gae Buidhe and Beagalltach, which those two instead are used for lesser stuff like hunting or somethin'.

Baloshua said:
a sword that always hits or something.
I'm smelling some causality manipulation here. Celtic guys love that stuff, don't they?

speaking of NP. I just realized that Arjuna's Pashupata is less like a weapon but more like an Ascension device.

I mean, not even someone who managed to hold the post/job of 'Indra' (King of Devas) had attained moksha.

Wouldn't that mean if Pashupata kills you you'd be superior to Indra?

Monarch Laciel said:
Yes
Because you would be part of Akasha

All for the low low price of all individuality
gone to Akasha. same shit as Amita Amithaba.

but the whole point of Pashupata is it kills someone who have good enough karma. Hero who had done lot of good deeds, and Divinity beings who probably have enough good karma to be reincarnated as Devas in the first place.

I think Magi would love being killed by those. for the low price of 'individuality': :D

Wasn't the thing in extella that all three of the servant girls had a bigger evil/apathetic version of themselves? Altera = The White Titan, Tamamo = Amateratsu, and Nero = (insert word that would get this post deleted by fandom) of Babylon.

DragonEmperor23 said:
bigger evil/apathetic version of themselves
Altera = The White Titan, Tamamo = Amateratsu, and Nero = (insert word that would get this post deleted by fandom) of Babylon.
I see what you mean.

Arturia vs arturia lancers

I may have been pampered by the standards of osakabehime and such people, because despite liking his normal attack animations his NP just feels... underwhelming.

Back