• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Cosmology Discussion Thread (I)

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This thread is for discussing cosmology of the Nasuverse as it is unique and complex. The Goal of this for right now is not any downgrade, or upgrade, but to discuss the cosmology and see where it leads. Anyways, this can be anything from Layers, Textures, to the Mooncell. The Foundation of Humanity, and the creation and destruction of Universes can fall into here as well i assume. I presume Singularities can be brought up too? As well as, that Imaginary Space that Geotia mentions. Anyways without more time wasted.

To start this off. This is some information i Found.

• "Oh excuse me. Now, let me tell you about your holy spear. It isn't meant to overcome external threats but to keep the planet in place, or rather, it's its anchor. You just spoke of Avalon, but Avalon isn't so much as a different world. It's beneath your very feet. On the other side of the world, separated by a thin layer. "Beneath my feet…below the ground you say?""So to speak. Below the foundation that is 'the world of your kind' is the gap that is 'Avalon', and below that is the surface of the planet. Avalon and your world are but layers, its texture. Both are "outer appearances" sticking to the surface of the planet."….Texture…you mean Britain?." "Not just Britain, but the entire world of mankind. Britain, actually, happens to be a bit unique. Artoria, the world you see with your eyes is not everything."

• "To put it simply, I mean you and your species. The intelligence that humanity gained, their mentality strove to illuminate the darkness of 'uncertain laws'. And because of that, the laws of the planet changed to laws most suitable for humans to live. The dragons and the fairies weren't compatible with those rules. That's why they moved to the other side of the world on their own. They left this land to your people."

Source: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5680-Garden-of-Avalon?p=1836573&viewfull=1#post1836573

• "The Ever-distant Utopia.
    A sheathe crowned with the name of the land of fairies that appears in the legends of King Arthur, said to be wreathed in everlasting spring.
    It is a paradise reminiscent of the island in Greek mythology where the gods grew their golden apples of immortality.
    Not only does the holy sword's sheathe heal all of its owner's wounds and stagnate their aging, but when its true name is called it even decomposes into hundreds of parts and protects them from all interference.
    It was excavated from Cornwall by the Einzberns, and entrusted to Kiritsugu as a catalyst for summoning King Arthur.
    It is a Noble Phantasm at the level of magic, that completely shuts out all physical interference, transliners from parallel worlds, and communication from other dimensions (up to the sixth).
    If Saber secludes herself with this, none will be able to reach her.
    "
Source: https://www.tmdict.com/en/su.avalo

• "Its name was Avalon ― and it was the sea at the heart of the planet, the seat for the soul of the celestial being called Earth."No… that is not the most correct expression to describe such a thing. For this realm is after all set upon both a higher and a lower plane of our world. I would say that it exists in the exact same point and location but off-set by several phases."

Source: https://canonrap.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/goa_00/

Merlin Explains that he watches Humanity from Avalon [1] [2] Yet, he took a particular interest in the MC because he can "Travel between books, and stories" [3] (i am assuming that means "between worlds." it sounds similar to BB's perspective of things from Rins speech in CCC.

Merlin can view the entire world from Avalon [4]

Avalon exist outside of Time, and history. That should indicate that its outisde of the multiverse, right? imo, it sounds more like it exist at a layer above the multiverse, or transcends it. [5]

• "The Phantasmal Races, having understood that the Age of the Gods was over, ceded the Earth's surface to humans and moved to this place. The world where humans currently live (including the laws of physics) is like a fabric that thinly extends across the surface of the planet. Beneath that fabric exist the planet known as "Earth." On the other hand, the Reverse Side of the World is the world as it was before humans lived there… that is, the fabric of the era where Phantasmal Races strode the land. In other words, the Earth is the bottommost layer of the planet, and it is covered by the "Reverse Side of the World"—the place where the laws of the "world" as it once was reigns, and covering that is the "Present World."
Source: https://www.tmdict.com/en/se.reverse-side-of-the-world

• "The Hippogriff that Astolfo rides is a "Phantasmal Beast" in the true sense, since its very existence is uncertain. As a result, when it is released as a Noble Phantasm, the Hippogriff can jump over to a different dimension, though only for an instant."
Source: https://www.tmdict.com/en/hi.hippogriff

• "Also, in the world of Tsukihime spiritual realms are not alternate dimensions, but rather exist within the world itself. Things like legendary lands and countries of eternal spring are the products of the imagination of whatever elemental rules over them. Consequently, it is possible for humans to wander into them by accident.
    The castle in the mountains that Arcueid calls home is actually a product of her marble phantasm
    ."
Source: https://www.tmdict.com/en/ku.marble-phantasm

I also got some stuff about Agartha and the underworld during the Age of Gods

Agartha was an actual Subterreanean space below the surface, but also within this context the Underworld during the age of Gods is an alternate space/dimension/World that cannot exist in the year 2,000 [6] [7]

During the Age of Gods everything was actually existing within the same layers [8] However, they became metaphyiscal much later [9]

In Lord El-Melloi case Files a car can create a psuedo portal by crossing aboundry [10] [11]

Gilgameshes EA

• "Star of Creation that Split Heaven and Earth.
    The cutting of space with the Sword of Rupture, Ea.
    Air pressure faults, compressed and smashed against each other, become a pseudo-fault in time and space that pulverizes all who oppose it.
    With output matching or even exceeding Excalibur, it is without a doubt the sword that "cut the world."
    Strictly speaking, the Noble Phantasm is actually Ea, while Enuma Elish is the name of Ea's maximum output state.
    …By the way, the sword's drill shape is modeled after the bedrock excavators used when making underwater tunnels.
    Though normally you'd think of a drill as something that tapers down to a point like a spear, the drills used to bore out enormous holes actually look more like numerous overlapping gears.
    The way the blades rotate individually and shave away at the bedrock… just imagining it is so cool!
    "
Source: https://www.tmdict.com/en/te.enuma-elish

His Fate/Extella Lines (2) when using EA. [12] [13] [14]

hes totally not creating a 6D universe by spliting 2 entirely different concepts apart

So if the Reverse Side is a layer where the Age before Humans is still present and that layer doesn't contain the laws of physics does this mean that the laws of physics didn't exist during the Age of Gods?

DragonEmperor23 said:
So if the Reverse Side is a layer where the Age before Humans is still present and that layer doesn't contain the laws of physics does this mean that the laws of physics didn't exist during the Age of Gods?
i think its more like in the age of gods. the Gods were the concepts that would eventually become "Physics" when the gods left the planet. those concepts they embodied or whatever you want to call it became "natural Phenonmons"

Gods degraded to spirits due to the lacking faith and support and all that bull plus end of the Age of Gods. Still the most powerful nature spirits by far, should tell you something.

And is a bit unsure if Robot is the right word, but they are all rather different. The Aztec ones were literally viruses that jumped from people to people, and we kinda saw a bit of the sumerian ones (or at least one of them not in a borrowed body).

Would be cool to finally conclude how the word "World" means in each contexts of it.

May also help clearing the 5-B Enuma Elish thingy.

I mean There is Anti World and Anti Planet NPs, an obvious distinction is made.

And there's the whole untranslated word usage which we know nothing about after it gets translated which I am sure leaves it much more clear.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I thought it was pretty clear how they work but yeah
for some reason i can't post on your message wall... Can i have your discord? i found some stuff and things regarding concepts

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
So what does everyone think of the information i presented...?
It's fine. But you haven't touched much on Nasuverse cosmology which i admit is very huge

SleepyTBubble said:
So what does everyone think of the information i presented...?
It's fine. But you haven't touched much on Nasuverse cosmology which i admit is very huge
The comsology is unique, and intense. I have plans to expand on it more with scans, but the importance of this thread is to help understand it better for all of us

Eh, once you read enough you get the gist of it. At least, that's how it felt to me

@LsirLancelot

Conveniently enough. The japanese ver of FGO uses þÑ×ÒÇà for Gods when refering to those belonging to Age of Gods and þÑ×Ú£è for Divine Spirits

Mhm, that's actually important. Is one of the things that denote that they ARE inferior as Divine Spirits and different things altogether.

@Upgrade Unless I remember wrong, there are actually different Kanji used most of the time for the Planet Earth the big bag of rocks and THE WORLD, the power of Gaia.

Another detaill - Alayashiki, or the collective unconscious, is similar but ultimately separate from humanity, just like how humanity is ultimately separate from nature and Gaia for the most part. Even their Counter systems are different.

Going by our standards, at least 2-A, even if I still think the verse only reaches 2-B so far.

Dimensions in Nasuverse aren't treated as higher infinities to normal reality either, soooooo....

how dimensions are treated in nasuverse though can change if we can prove that Avalon transcends over the multiverse, but... I don't want to walk into a california level wild fire unprepared

It transcending has never been a thing as far as I am aware, and I'd be vehemently against that all day every day without immense proof. Especially when it is one of the places inside the reverse side, which would likely stop existing altogether if Gaia died like in Notes.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Mhm, that's actually important. Is one of the things that denote that they ARE inferior as Divine Spirits and different things altogether.
@Upgrade Unless I remember wrong, there are actually different Kanji used most of the time for the Planet Earth the big bag of rocks and THE WORLD, the power of Gaia.

Another detaill - Alayashiki, or the collective unconscious, is similar but ultimately separate from humanity, just like how humanity is ultimately separate from nature and Gaia for the most part. Even their Counter systems are different.
im not for sure about this one, but i am sure ShiroGin might be of great help with something like that.

if i know where to start.. I could gather scans for something like that lol

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
After you spend a good while commenting and seeing stuff in Beast Lair, you notice very specific use of words in many things in Fate.
Whats beast lair??

From the KnK pamphlet, don't remember the page number:

"The Counter Force here is the safety device formed by the collective unconsciousness.
The prayer to avert the demise of mankind, Alaya.
And the prayer to extend the life of the planet, Gaia.
These are the two aspect of the Counter Force.
Both aspects have the goal of extending the existence of the current World. They will eradicate the factors that threaten to destroy the World at the moment of their occurance.
Since the Counter Force is the unconscious, its appearance draws no attention, and no one will recognize it.
The Counter Force is a formless spiral of power. It adjusts its scale based on the target that needs to be obliterated. The Counter Force will always appear with a status above the target, enough to absolutely secure a victory.
Normally, the Counter Force empowers "a normal person" to remove the factor that can trigger destruction. As a result, these individuals are worshiped as "Heroes".
Individuals who became Heroes through the aspect of Alaya are said to be integrated into Alaya after death. However, the accuracy of this statement is uncertain.
These individuals are also called Counter Guardians. The emphasis here is "Counter", because they have no autonomy and will only activate in response to an event.:

KnightOfSunlight said:
Alright lets start a wildfire.
What tier is the Root?
Dimensions may not always equal higher power, but one could potentially argue it being bar minimum infinitely more powerful than everything else in the verse. What kind of infinity that is, however, remains to be seen

>Whats beast lair??

Kinda awkward how you seem very active in Nasuverse threads and not known Beast Lair

It's a forum for Nasuverse works where most if not a lot of info comes from (materials and their translations, many users info dump on it and explain in context Type Moon works)

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/

Whats beast lair??
Oh... you don't know about it? It is a very big forum to discuss everything typemoon related and other stuff. Is where a lot of the translations for a lot of the stuff, material books among them, come form.

SleepyTBubble said:
>Whats beast lair??
Kinda awkward how you seem very active in Nasuverse threads and not known Beast Lair

It's a forum for Nasuverse works where most if not a lot of info comes from (materials and their translations, many users info dump on it and explain in context Type Moon works)

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/
and @LSirLancelotDuLacl

its just i always know that site as nrvnqsr

Back