• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto to Boruto General Discussion Thread 52

Yooo Boruto Mujina Bandit Arc's first half has steamed its way into this year and has finally finished. With the huge twist that happened last episode, how ready are you guys to see Shojoji truly fleshed out!!

The staff of Boruto have been hyping up the fight between Boruto and Shojoji a lot so I think it's fine to have high hopes for the episode in a few weeks. Enjoy

Discuss any and everything related to Boruto and Naruto ƒìÑ

EB43A58E-255A-4BF7-BE4F-F5E5109B579D
130E16F7-44F0-40E7-ADB9-7CD877DB1BEE

Actually I haven't caught up to the anime yet. Is the arc better than the manga so far? And how much did they change?

Oh I see. Well here's to hoping they do it justice.

But in general is the anime worth catching up to now? Honestly I dropped it for the manga because there was too much filler.

Maybe because he doesn't have power enough to perform those justsus or maybe those jutsus have become far stronger than before which could even destroy the planet if used, so maybe that's why too....... But nothing's confirmed

Hogoromo is an insane brute strength monster man, in his teenage state after fighting against prime kaguya non stop for months still had power enough to create an moon, most importantly had power enough to push it to it's orbit, all these at his extremely weaker state, let alone his prime self. Then in Sasuke retsuden novel we know about him at his very sick old age managed to throw an asteroid to another constellation at FTL speeds, makes me how wonder how much of an monster he might have been at his Prime..........

Hagoromo pretty much states that Kaguya was unrivalled in power to Naruto so his Prime would still be second to her let alone all of these Boruto villains

Maybe because he doesn't have power enough to perform those justsus or maybe those jutsus have become far stronger than before which could even destroy the planet if used, so maybe that's why too....... But nothing's confirmed

He's not using his Jutsu's cause he's fighting people who can Absorb Jutsu's on a daily basis or fighting inside his village with his kids nearby so it would be kind of useless to use them half the time

NotCensored said:
Hagoromo pretty much states that Kaguya was unrivalled in power to Naruto so his Prime would still be second to her let alone all of these Boruto villains
Him already being someone who was comparable to kaguya,then ontop of that absorbs massive amts of her chakra and becomes the juubi jin along with various other power ups,he should be easily far stronger than kaguya, i believe as a sage he was humble enough to tell that to have respect towards his mother,for me I'm sure it was said only to hype up kaguya for the final battle.

Another thing if naruto and sasuke taking half of ghost hags power and then later training for some years became stronger,but after becoming hokage Naruto stopped training because of too much work,now here we have hogoromo who constantly trained his entire life created nishu and preached it,mastered yin yang senjutsu,mastered his kekkei mora rinnegan(mark this is the strongest rinnegan),mastered all 5 natures and mastered the treasured tools,as he trained his entire life and already being stronger than teen naruto and sasuke he should be clearly the strongest character bar maybe prime issike or Otutsuki king.

Him already being someone who was comparable to kaguya,then ontop of that absorbs massive amps of her chakra and becomes the juubi jin along with various other power ups,he should be easily far stronger than kaguya,

This is in direct contradiction to Hagoromo's statement tho

i believe as a sage he was humble enough to tell that to have respect towards his mother,for me I'm sure it was said only to hype up kaguya for the final battle.

Hagoromo is a knowledgable character with no reason to lie Naruto asked if Kaguya was stronger than him and he said she was unrivalled pretty blantant "yes she is stronger than me"

Another thing if naruto and sasuke taking half of ghost hags power and then later training for some years became stronger,but after becoming hokage Naruto stopped training because of too much work,now here we have hogoromo who constantly trained his entire life created nishu and preached it,

We have no idea if Hagoromo trained his entire life ninshu is also fundamentally different from ninjutsu so even if he was training it wouldn't have been in the way you're thinking since ninshu is a pacifist ideology so he'd have no reason to get stronger with the greatest threat (to his knowledge) defeated.

mastered yin yang senjutsu,mastered his kekkei mora rinnegan(mark this is the strongest rinnegan),mastered all 5 natures mastered all 5 natures and mastered the treasured tools,as he trained his entire life and already being stronger than teen naruto and sasuke he should be clearly the strongest character bar maybe prime issike or Otutsuki king.

He might have already mastered most of these things by the time he fought Kaguya (aside from the Ninja Tools) we just don't know

NotCensored said:
Him already being someone who was comparable to kaguya,then ontop of that absorbs massive amps of her chakra and becomes the juubi jin along with various other power ups,he should be easily far stronger than kaguya,

This is in direct contradiction to Hagoromo's statement tho

i believe as a sage he was humble enough to tell that to have respect towards his mother,for me I'm sure it was said only to hype up kaguya for the final battle.

Hagoromo is a knowledgable character with no reason to lie Naruto asked if Kaguya was stronger than him and he said she was unrivalled pretty blantant "yes she is stronger than me"

Another thing if naruto and sasuke taking half of ghost hags power and then later training for some years became stronger,but after becoming hokage Naruto stopped training because of too much work,now here we have hogoromo who constantly trained his entire life created nishu and preached it,

We have no idea if Hagoromo trained his entire life ninshu is also fundamentally different from ninjutsu so even if he was training it wouldn't have been in the way you're thinking since ninshu is a pacifist ideology so he'd have no reason to get stronger with the greatest threat (to his knowledge) defeated.

mastered yin yang senjutsu,mastered his kekkei mora rinnegan(mark this is the strongest rinnegan),mastered all 5 natures mastered all 5 natures and mastered the treasured tools,as he trained his entire life and already being stronger than teen naruto and sasuke he should be clearly the strongest character bar maybe prime issike or Otutsuki king.

He might have already mastered most of these things by the time he fought Kaguya (aside from the Ninja Tools) we just don't know
Feats say different than statements. Hogoromo had trained his entire life or else he won't even be able to get that strong that alone half his ghostly chakra would have been enough for naruto and sasuke to fight with madara and kaguya. Nishu is pacifist ideology but it could be used for violence it was ninjutsu basically both are same just the way you use it matters. He also teached all people on earth about it. His power definitely grew exponentially just that he didn't use it for violence He didn't master any of those before fighting kaguya,the time he fought kaguya was when he was a teen and had newly awakened his rinnegan and sharingan as shown in the anime,so he had mastered it after the fight with kaguya and became far stronger. Its simple sense thing,he could fight kaguya as the juubi and was kinda comparable to it,so after that he absorbs many of kaguya power and juubi,he's definitely far stronger than kaguya

As i said hags saying kaguya was stronger was simply an effort to hype up kaguya for the final boss,nothing else

Yet hags fought her non stop for months, not saying he was equally as strong as her, but after sealing kaguya he became way stronger than her because of multiple reasons

While I do think it's possible Hagoromo surpassed Kaguya in his lifetime, since only half of his Chakra as a ghost without the Jubi was enough to let Naruto keep up with and even harm Kaguya, I do think that prime Kaguya was also a lot stronger than she was during the war. So overall I feel like they were pretty comparable in their respective primes.

Battler356ushiromiya said:
Yet hags fought her non stop for months, not saying he was equally as strong as her, but after sealing kaguya he became way stronger than her because of multiple reasons
I agree that the point, she was stronger while she was unsealed, post juubi absorbed Hagoromo got stronger. He should of also become stronger post death.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
While I do think it's possible Hagoromo surpassed Kaguya in his lifetime, since only half of his Chakra as a ghost without the Jubi was enough to let Naruto keep up with and even harm Kaguya, I do think that prime Kaguya was also a lot stronger than she was during the war. So overall I feel like they were pretty comparable in their respective primes.
possibly, however post death Hagoromo should know every justsu since it derived from him, he would have izangai and izunami and should not become blind from it via creation of all things. He resides in the pure land which is like a limbo and travels through time and can simutaneously exist in many places at the same time giving away his power without him becominging weaker. He can summon the dead back to life as spirits and it seems he let saskue and naruto beat kaguya seen he already foresaw the outcome.

I agree that Hagoromo would win via skill and hax regardless. But I was referring to raw power in their primes.

Feats say different than statements.

Hagoromo's feats are almost non-existent and the feats he does have don't stack up to Kaguya

Hogoromo had trained his entire life or else he won't even be able to get that strong that alone half his ghostly chakra would have been enough for naruto and sasuke to fight with madara and kaguya.

You don't lose chakra it stays connected to your soul so him being a ghost doesn't mean he's weaker in terms of overall chakra supply and i never denied that he got stronger just that training wasn't apart of that and just not as strong as Kaguya

Nishu is pacifist ideology but it could be used for violence it was ninjutsu basically both are same just the way you use it matters. He also teached all people on earth about it.His power definitely grew exponentially just that he didn't use it for violence

No Ninshu is literally "We share our emotions through chakra" where as Ninjutsu is "We use chakra as a weapon"

He didn't master any of those before fighting kaguya,the time he fought kaguya was when he was a teen and had newly awakened his rinnegan and sharingan as shown in the anime,so he had mastered it after the fight with kaguya and became far stronger.

I haven't watched the anime arc yet so i can't comment

Its simple sense thing,he could fight kaguya as the juubi and was kinda comparable to it,so after that he absorbs many of kaguya power and juubi,he's definitely far stronger than kaguya

If he was only fighting the Juubified Kaguya with help from his brother then he doesn't scale to regular Prime Kaguya as the Juubi just throws its power around while Jins like Kaguya, Obito and Madara have shown when its power is focused its exponentially stronger

As i said hags saying kaguya was stronger was simply an effort to hype up kaguya for the final boss,nothing else

Hagoromo is more knowledgable than either of us saying its just hype isn't a strong counter argument

UchihaSlayer96 said:
I agree that Hagoromo would win via skill and hax regardless. But I was referring to raw power in their primes.
we'll see once Naruto retsuden is fully translated, since he may have stellar and mftl feats.

we'll see once Naruto resuden is fully translated, since he may have stellar and mftl feats.

Can't wait for that lol. Another fun thread awaits !

100th Hokage said:
she was unrivalled in her time
Thats not what the statement was tho it was directed to present Hagoromo and he responded saying yes she's still more powerful than anyone

I think Hagoromo is pretty much right behind her but i don't think he surpassed her

Back