• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Different people, each with unique interests, come together, sharing space and energy. Some are calm, others are full of life; some radiate confidence, while others shrink, offering pieces of their dignity in hopes of finding a voice. Yet even then, they are often overlooked. It’s fascinating to observe the struggle –———even from afar, through the lens of social media or in person, you can almost assign a character to each individual. Despite not always being physically present, I feel a deep connection to this complex web of human interaction, to the ongoing struggles we all face. What are we all really searching for in this constant cycle of connection and separation?
e9e9bc4f350b984809f19ba230277800.gif

Does Chidori amp your combat speed? I know it definitely amps running speed but there's kinda inconsistent portrayal when it comes to the speed of the thrust that comes after the enhanced dash

Does Chidori amp your combat speed? I know it definitely amps running speed but there's kinda inconsistent portrayal when it comes to the speed of the thrust that comes after the enhanced dash
It prolly does. The Sharingan simply helps out in running speed more than combat speed. I doubt someone needs a Sharingan to swing their chidori around.

I'm not sure how those are connected?
Basically I'm thinking that the run up is kinda required for the Chidori, but moving your hand at the same exact speed prolly isn't. So the upper ceiling for the amp is likely the same for both but the user can do without moving their hand at the same speed as their running. Does that make sense. Idk why I didn't explain better. I should get more sleep. I also don't have a good memory so I need to brush up on my Naruto details.

Basically I'm thinking that the run up is kinda required for the Chidori, but moving your hand at the same exact speed prolly isn't. So the upper ceiling for the amp is likely the same for both but the user can do without moving their hand at the same speed as their running. Does that make sense. Idk why I didn't explain better. I should get more sleep. I also don't have a good memory so I need to brush up on my Naruto details.
Like Chidori can amp your combat speed but doesn't have to?

We all need more sleep

Like Chidori can amp your combat speed but doesn't have to?
That's what I'm thinking but you need to check your presupposition first. If you think that Chidori itself amps your speed then my conclusion would be wrong. If you think you yourself need to run at a certain speed to attain Chidori then it would be right. I forgor to mention that. But the second option explains why the combat speed isn't amped consistently. Both interpretations however have their faults.
We all need more sleep
Ain't that right.

Just randomly clocked that every hokage, no matter the philosophy, don't hesitate to sacrifice their lives for the village. Even Danzo who's probably the most extreme hokage.
That's sweet in a way
Tbf, most characters would. But I get your point. It's an outcome of the value system that war creates. In a thriving economy, the average person can afford to be selfish.

I see. In that case you have two options. If there is a statement that emphasizes running speed more than combat speed, then you can conclude only running speed is amped. On the other hand if there's a statement that makes it clear that lightning nature's property is the reason for the amp, then you can conclude it's an equal amp for combat speed too. Of course you can have more nuance. But these are my immediate thoughts.

I see. In that case you have two options. If there is a statement that emphasizes running speed more than combat speed, then you can conclude only running speed is amped. On the other hand if there's a statement that makes it clear that lightning nature's property is the reason for the amp, then you can conclude it's an equal amp for combat speed too. Of course you can have more nuance. But these are my immediate thoughts.
Unfortunately it's vague hence my uncertainty

How 😭
It's whack cause, like, we see people who are normally on par with the chidori user reacting to or even matching the thrust without any amps of their own (unless we count the Rasengan thrust as a speed amp, which is goofy), so I'd defo say it's rather inconsistent tbh. But apparently it's impossible to use effectively without the Sharingan, regardless of whether or not you run up first or just immediately thrust it from short range.
I feel like it's a case where the lore says one thing, while the feats consistently say another.

I mean… By laws of physics the thrust would be faster than the running speed as that combat speed is added on top of the running speed, no? (I.e., Moving your Hand while standing on a moving car, etc).

Iirc, the databook says:
  1. It’s a thrust done at High Speed
  2. The body has to be “activated” in preparation to use it
Which imo, is just. a round about way of saying the body is overall amped when using Chidori/Raikiri.

Tenchi Bridge and Itachi Pursuit are good 🤷‍♂️ (confrontation too but that's more understandable)
It's whack cause, like, we see people who are normally on par with the chidori user reacting to or even matching the thrust without any amps of their own (unless we count the Rasengan thrust as a speed amp, which is goofy)
I mean...🤓
so I'd defo say it's rather inconsistent tbh. But apparently it's impossible to use effectively without the Sharingan, regardless of whether or not you run up first or just immediately thrust it from short range.
Sasuke did use it against Sakura and Naruto tbf
I feel like it's a case where the lore says one thing, while the feats consistently say another.
Tragic

I mean… By laws of physics the thrust would be faster than the running speed as that combat speed is added on top of the running speed, no? (I.e., Moving your Hand while standing on a moving car, etc).
Correct, but just like everything in Physics, it depends on the frame of reference. If I'm on a train moving at superhuman speeds, even if I slowly move my hand forward, to an outside observer my hand would move at superhuman speeds, but for me it's just normal hand movement. Similarly just because a character's travel speed is FTL+, if they throw a punch while travelling, the punch might seem to be moving at FTL+ speeds, but their combat speed isn't necessarily at that level unless they can move it just as fast when they're at rest.
Iirc, the databook says:
  1. It’s a thrust done at High Speed
  2. The body has to be “activated” in preparation to use it
Which imo, is just. a round about way of saying the body is overall amped when using Chidori/Raikiri.
Yeah that's what Sparkle said too I believe. But tbh I've not really revised my Naruto lore in a while so can't confirm.

Last edited:
Tenchi Bridge and Itachi Pursuit are good 🤷‍♂️
Compared to what came before and what comes after, they're mid asf. They have standout moments within them (Sasuke vs Deidara for instance), but pacing and consistency wise they're not quite up to par with Naruto's best. They're still alright overall, though. They're only "ass" compared to Naruto's high standards.
(confrontation too but that's more understandable)
Day 2 is outstanding. Peak shit.
Day 1 though genuinely put my ass to sleep, soooo yeah. Can't in good conscience rate the arc that highly overall because of that.
🍆
Sasuke did use it against Sakura and Naruto tbf
And Hidari used it pretty well too if you ask me, but apparently it's still not good enough 🤷‍♂️
This is what I mean by the lore saying one thing and the feats showing another. Cause Kakashi legit had to invent a whole new Jutsu specifically because he can no longer use the Chidori, so like idk tbh. It's definitely not very consistent imo.
It be like that sometimes.

Compared to what came before and what comes after, they're mid asf. They have standout moments within them (Sasuke vs Deidara for instance), but pacing and consistency wise they're not quite up to par with Naruto's best. They're still alright overall, though. They're only "ass" compared to Naruto's high standards.
Meh fair enough. I'd say Tenchi Bride is quite solid in those areas though (Sai's arc is underrated)
Day 2 is outstanding. Peak shit.
Day 1 though genuinely put my ass to sleep, soooo yeah. Can't in good conscience rate the arc that highly overall because of that.
Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
🥒
And Hidari used it pretty well too if you ask me, but apparently it's still not good enough 🤷‍♂️
This is what I mean by the lore saying one thing and the feats showing another. Cause Kakashi legit had to invent a whole new Jutsu specifically because he can no longer use the Chidori, so like idk tbh. It's definitely not very consistent imo.

It be like that sometimes.
Adding to my wishlist of things to ask Kishimoto about

Regarding the Sukunahikona rods, are their Movement speed impacted by the strength of the Otsutsuki? Or the level of Sukunahikona itself (Number of Stokes)? Or both?

Time Skip Kawaki has a Completed Kokugan Eye like Isshiki. Is his Rod speed equivalent despite not having the same level of power as Isshiki? Pre-TS Kawaki has more stokes in his eye than Jigen, is his Rods faster?

Regarding the Sukunahikona rods, are their Movement speed impacted by the strength of the Otsutsuki? Or the level of Sukunahikona itself (Number of Stokes)? Or both?

Time Skip Kawaki has a Completed Kokugan Eye like Isshiki. Is his Rod speed equivalent despite not having the same level of power as Isshiki? Pre-TS Kawaki has more stokes in his eye than Jigen, is his Rods faster?
We pm don't know

Back