• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is so real oml.
Tell me about it 😭
Great choices. Anything from Urasawa is gonna be good.
🔥
Not to mention this isn't even taking into account the movies, shows, novels from around the world. There have been so many stories throughout humanity's history, and to claim Naruto is the best humanity has to offer is wild.
Yeah, of course. I was just focused on well known anime and manga IPs to prove a point. If we included movies, tv shows, novels, video games, etc, we'd literally be here all day.
A while back I said in this thread that people need to read more seinen. I was right.
Reading all the comments so far, this is so real. Like, I'm not even what I'd consider a media snob, but people really need to get out of their comfort zone before making crazy claims. And again, I do think Naruto is pretty great. I just don't think it's the Citizen Kane or The Godfather of animanga is all lol.

Pipe down lil bro. Nobody is forcing anything on you. You have the right to say Naruto is the best in your opinion, and I have the right to say your opinion is ass. Crazy you couldn't fathom that. It's not that deep.

Also, I never called Naruto mediocre trash. I called it good. You know what Naruto deserves? A fanbase that can read, but you're not helping at all.
it's so weird that you'll see a statement that praises a series most likely in a hyperbolic sense and try to overanalyze it and take it hyper literally to try and put it down instead of just ignoring it and a fanbase that thinks seinens are better isnt what it needs either, a good shonen clears a good seinen, most of them are overrated as hell and people that gas it have no idea why it's good and only ride the bangwagon

Reading all the comments so far, this is so real. Like, I'm not even what I'd consider a media snob, but people really need to get out of their comfort zone before making crazy claims.
Non-Shonen manga in general. Ya Boy Kongming, Oshi no Ko, Angel Beats, Hikaru no Go, Bakuman, Spy X Family (this is technically a Shonen but it's really not), etc., are great (not Naruto level tho)

it's so weird that you'll see a statement that praises a series most likely in a hyperbolic sense and try to overanalyze it and take it hyper literally to try and put it down instead of just ignoring it and a fanbase that thinks seinens are better isnt what it needs either, a good shonen clears a good seinen, most of them are overrated as hell and people that gas it have no idea why it's good and only ride the bangwagon
Why do I get the feeling that you're 17-18?

Oshi no Ko
get-a-load-of-this-guy-dad.gif

for the sake of my sanity and wanting this not to get more heated I will consider this satire and leave it at that
It really isn't, AOT is super overrated. It's good, but not something I'd refer to as some kind of masterpiece. There are a few interesting and developed antagonists, but the biggest source of... everything, the ultimate antagonist, the "shining centipede" is basically the series' Black Zetsu. Deeply interesting, the coolest villain, barely explored.

Eren is treated like some giga-brain supergenius savior by everyone, including a surprising number of fans, but his plan was "manipulate my friends, manipulate my dad, kill my mom, kill as many people as I can, and get killed by someone I know, so then people will think Eldians are cool even though there's a 90% chance it'll be an Uchih- I mean Ackerman. That's gonna work! For 10 years, at least!"

What I really do appreciate is the portrayal of how futile his effort was. The wars restart a few decades later, and someone else goes to find that tree. It's depressing or whatever, yeah, but it means something.

sigh you're the same thing again
I mean you're the one who claimed that you were being hyperbolic while asking Slayer to name one series better than Naruto. Were you being hyperbolic then too?

Me personally, if I wanted to make a hyperbole, I wouldn't ask someone to name a series better than Naruto. Because that indicates that I literally think nothing can be better than Naruto.

Also point to where I put Naruto down. I literally called it good.

I’ll never understand the need of people try and put something down in favor of another. It’s subjective and quite frankly, doesn’t ******* matter. You like what you like and don’t like what you don’t like. You’ll either invest time and interest or you won’t, and as it stands, millions upon millions have invested time and interest into Naruto, and continue to do so.

Wtf do you care if some people think something is better than (or not) the series? Does it make you feel good (General Question, not Directed)?

Ya'll can continue the arguments of greatest animanga of all time but I really don't blame AOT fans for glazing that much. Maybe it's the time period it came out but they have the accolades, the hype for that type of glaze. It's like expecting messi fans not to glaze him. They are also the main influence to the recent anime watchers to get introduced to anime. There are so much people that started anime recently and their go to anime was DS, MHA or AOT. difference is Aot is really good and sets a high standard for anime in general (80% of anime is mid). So yeah they end up looking at it as peak animanga. AOT being claimed as the best animanga is not a ridiculous take and they definitely have metric for their glaze. Also lot of people defend eren not coz he was some saint or master planner but just coz put in his shoes if they had the brains they'd prob do the same and try to wipe the rest of the earth

Back