• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
a misstep...?

Boruto is literally an Otsutsuki, how could he not be able to fly.

Knocking Kawaki out.. yeah I don't really know. That lowkey felt so out of place, like Kawaki feels like a jobber and because he's barely done shit and taken Ls. I feel like there could've been a better way of doing all that. Like Mitsuki and or Shikamaru telling Kawaki to let the former handle it, rather than Kawaki just faceplanting the next time we see him on screen 💀 💀

a misstep...?

No I meant having both (Kawaki knocked out and Boruto can fly) statements be true at the same time was a misstep. Not that Boruto shouldn't have flight. Just that those two situations are incompatible. Maybe I worded it wrong.
Knocking Kawaki out.. yeah I don't really know. That lowkey felt so out of place, like Kawaki feels like a jobber and because he's barely done shit and taken Ls. I feel like there could've been a better way of doing all that. Like Mitsuki and or Shikamaru telling Kawaki to let the former handle it, rather than Kawaki just faceplanting the next time we see him on screen 💀 💀
True. It's lame for Kawaki. But he's used to that. I just don't know how to make sense of the need for the next fight.

a misstep...?

Bro about to get the Code treatment.

Do you think this is going to be a plot point in the future? Kawaki not working hard and taking the easy way out?
Maybe, dude never seemed to have had interest or knowledge in training until Naruto talked him into it, then seemed to stop after the whole killing Isshiki, trying to kill Boruto/Momoshiki, and sealing Naruto fiasco. And Dude did say he wants to end Shinobi crap, might include training.

Maybe, dude never seemed to have had interest or knowledge in training until Naruto talked him into it, then seemed to stop after the whole killing Isshiki, trying to kill Boruto/Momoshiki, and sealing Naruto fiasco. And Dude did say he wants to end Shinobi crap, might include training.
Jigen did train him during his time in Kara. Though it was more abuse than training.

Yeah. I hope the writer actually takes this point seriously.

Jigen did train him during his time in Kara.
I meant basic ninja training, like Chakra control, etc. IIRC Jigen's training seems to be more on combat training, using biological ninja tech to supplement the lack of chakra control, and the usage of Karma (I guess to speed up its synchronization, development or whatever)

Just reread a few Bort Chapters and it does imply that Naruto and Boruto were the main reasons that Kawasaki wanted to do ninja training. Then after the whole falling out with Naruto and Boruto, he seemed to lose interest or isn't taking it too seriously (IIRC due him thinking ninja training takes too long manifest results, and him wanting to get power as fast as possible to protect Naruto hence the liberal usage of Karma along his Ninja tech body).

Yeah my bad, I saw it had an edit history going back months and assumed it was on main wiki without properly checking the page title. Hence why I deleted that post.

Two Questions:

1.) Minato Reacting to Raikage is reaction speed? 🤔 Can we scale his Combat / Movement Speed to the value?
Not necessarily movement, but combat yes since he throws a kunai to Ay's shoulder in the tiny moment between Ay's fist being in front of Minato and him teleporting.
2.) Obito tanking his Rasengan scales Obito to Minato’s AP Physically? 🤔 BM Naruto Physicals > Minato Jutsu AP for hirting Obito with a Headbutt?
I don't think you can scale 1 to 1 like that since Minato did more damage than Naruto (and if you wanna get really technical I'm pretty sure the back is more durable than the forehead), though I wouldn't be surprised if KCM2 physicals>Minato's Rasengan.

So, about the Shinju Spawns… There are two possibilities. This Chapter implies that it’s Isshiki Chakra that created Jura due to the Chakra from Karma.

I think that’s a misdirection.
I think Jura is a Shinju based on “Shibai”.

We’re told that the Karma Code has, being a product of Otsutsuki, is “likely” to have had reactions that created the Shinju Spawns, BUT… what’re we also told?

Code, Daemon and Eida’s Shinjutsu are byproducts of Shibai’s DNA. Code superimposed his Shinjutsu over the Juubi. And as we know, DNA itself carries Chakra as well (Case In Point).

My theory is, it was actually Shibai’s Chakra and DNA (Otsutsuki Chakra and DNA) that caused the Change.

It would also be the easiest way to bring up Shibai plot points back into the story imo, using this a plot twist.

Yup and Obito’s Strength would physically scale also (Scans: One | Two)
Ehhhh idk about that one mate. Ninja are only hyper durable when they're reinforcing their bodies with chakra, so Obito could just stop amping his arm's durability to tear it off. Also don't think OM Obito is as strong as YM Obito considering YM Obito controlled 100% Kurama with the 3T Sharingan but MS OM Obito doesn't have the ability to control 50% Kurama (along with various other antifeats and statements).

Ehhhh idk about that one mate. Ninja are only hyper durable when they're reinforcing their bodies with chakra, so Obito could just stop amping his arm's durability to tear it off. Also don't think OM Obito is as strong as YM Obito considering YM Obito controlled 100% Kurama with the 3T Sharingan but MS OM Obito doesn't have the ability to control 50% Kurama (along with various other antifeats and statements).
That might just be Minato's contract seal preventing him from controlling Kurama forever. I just can't see the reason why an older Obito would suddenly get weaker.

So, about the Shinju Spawns… There are two possibilities. This Chapter implies that it’s Isshiki Chakra that created Jura due to the Chakra from Karma.

I think that’s a misdirection.
I think Jura is a Shinju based on “Shibai”.

We’re told that the Karma Code has, being a product of Otsutsuki, is “likely” to have had reactions that created the Shinju Spawns, BUT… what’re we also told?

Code, Daemon and Eida’s Shinjutsu are byproducts of Shibai’s DNA. Code superimposed his Shinjutsu over the Juubi. And as we know, DNA itself carries Chakra as well (Case In Point).

My theory is, it was actually Shibai’s Chakra and DNA (Otsutsuki Chakra and DNA) that caused the Change.

It would also be the easiest way to bring up Shibai plot points back into the story imo, using this a plot twist.
nice theory except it’s implied that It’s Isshiki’s chakra and DNA stored in Code’s karma., it’s still more logical if it’s Isshiki he is modeled after. And Boruto alludes more towards Isshiki, code has his karma and dna/chakra. We don’t know where code got his claw mark shinjutsu from, it’s wasn’t really alluded to being from shibai, like daemon and Eida’s.

Last edited:
Ehhhh idk about that one mate. Ninja are only hyper durable when they're reinforcing their bodies with chakra, so Obito could just stop amping his arm's durability to tear it off.
The only problem there is that Obito wasn’t amping his body in either moment, and that doesn’t change his durability below it’s base level (I.E., “No Chakra Amp”).
Also don't think OM Obito is as strong as YM Obito considering YM Obito controlled 100% Kurama with the 3T Sharingan but MS OM Obito doesn't have the ability to control 50% Kurama (along with various other antifeats and statements).
This is nonsensical. There is 0 basis to suggest OM Obito is weaker or less skilled than his 14/15 y/o self. Chuck that DB Entry to just being outdated as it was made YEARS before Kishimoto even got to developing that part of the story (Minato Flash Back).

Same dude goes on to genjutsu a Perfect Jinchuriki for years. Not to mention, that last part is false. Sasuke alone with a 3T could suppress Kn0 level’s of Chakra from Kurama. While this is NOWHERE near the full power of Kurama, it still shows that yes, his power can be controlled by external sources, and 3T BoShippuden Sasuke is NOWHERE near OM Obito’s level.

That might just be Minato's contract seal preventing him from controlling Kurama forever. I just can't see the reason why an older Obito would suddenly get weaker.
Seems doubtful given that Obito stated he'd come back to take Kurama and Minato believed him. Reasons for him getting weaker could include not having extra Zetsu or Guruguru amps as his left arm is goopy against Minato when his right arm is what was crushed, or him just getting rusty from not doing much fighting and mostly plotting from the shadows (and as we see with Kakashi, just any amount of fighting isn't gonna keep you in top shape, so the fact that he participated in some fights doesn't mean he was in peak condition).

Also the statement would definitely include Itachi, who Zetsu stated had the most powerful genjutsu, meaning YM Obito's genjutsu>Tsukuyomi>OM Obito's genjutsu (you could argue this is less about potency and more about the effect, but could easily be both)
The only problem there is that Obito wasn’t amping his body in either moment, and that doesn’t change his durability below it’s base level (I.E., “No Chakra Amp”).
??? He's in an active battle and using Kamui, how is his chakra not activated against Minato? There doesn't need to be a visual chakra cloak for someone's durability to be raised.
This is nonsensical. There is 0 basis to suggest OM Obito is weaker or less skilled than his 14/15 y/o self. Chuck that DB Entry to just being outdated as it was made YEARS before Kishimoto even got to developing that part of the story (Minato Flash Back).
See what I said to Pada. Also Kishimoto already planned YM Obito controlling Kurama at that point.
Same dude goes on to genjutsu a Perfect Jinchuriki for years. Not to mention, that last part is false. Sasuke alone with a 3T could suppress Kn0 level’s of Chakra from Kurama. While this is NOWHERE near the full power of Kurama, it still shows that yes, his power can be controlled by external sources, and 3T BoShippuden Sasuke is NOWHERE near OM Obito’s level.
Not really a perfect jinchuriki since he wasn't friends with Isobu, he just had control of his power. And anyways, Kurama>>>>>Isobu. Also it's obviously referring to his full power, since it's talking about someone taking control of him as a whole, referencing when Madara did the same. In fact, speaking of Sasuke, the databook even says that Sasuke only showed a glimpse of the Sharingan's utmost limit which is controlling Kurama.

Seems doubtful given that Obito stated he'd come back to take Kurama and Minato believed him. Reasons for him getting weaker could include not having extra Zetsu or Guruguru amps as his left arm is goopy against Minato when his right arm is what was crushed, or him just getting rusty from not doing much fighting and mostly plotting from the shadows (and as we see with Kakashi, just any amount of fighting isn't gonna keep you in top shape, so the fact that he participated in some fights doesn't mean he was in peak condition).
1.) Obito had no shortage of WZ as he easily had 100K laying around.

2.) There is no basis to assert Obito got weaker from lack of training. There is no way to know this. We could argue everyone in Akatsuki got weaker over 3 years. Jiraiya was weaker than when he fought Orochimaru as a YA. Etc…
Also the statement would definitely include Itachi, who Zetsu stated had the most powerful genjutsu, meaning YM Obito's genjutsu>Tsukuyomi>OM Obito's genjutsu (you could argue this is less about potency and more about the effect, but could easily be both)
Your extrapolation is wrong here. Zetsu is speaking in generality. Everyone whom has MS gets access to Tsukoyomi, Amateratsu and Susanoo (Whether or not they use them isn’t a factor here). Madara shows more proficiency with Susanoo than Itachi and Sasuke (Until Butt-End if War Arc). Itachi shows more Proficiency with Tsukiyomi (Although that’s debatable as Madara has Infinite Tsukiyomi and ONLY needed Juubi for AoE). And Sasuke shows better proficiency with Amaterasu, etc.

And again, this is a symptom of outdated information but no, Itachi’s Tsukiyomi isn’t stated to be the strongest Genjutsu. Koto Amatsukami is (Not Counting Six Path Enhanced IT).
??? He's in an active battle and using Kamui, how is his chakra not activated against Minato? There doesn't need to be a visual chakra cloak for someone's durability to be raised.
This Sharingan Amp bs is annoying, but as we don’t see his eyes when he is doing this, there is no basis to say he wasn’t MS Amped. He was spamming Kamui when fighting Danzou’s Men and literally less than a second later is still spamming it as per the scans. There is far more leaning to him being MS Amped here than not.
See what I said to Pada. Also Kishimoto already planned YM Obito controlling Kurama at that point.
That’s not how that works. Setting ground work for a future event is not the same having those ideas, beats or concepts “fully” fleshed out. Kronos from PJ or Voldemort from HP come to mind. Riordan and Rowling did not have future plot points or events actions that these characters have taken or would planned out in detail. A general outline, yes, but events to come several novels down the road in detail? No. Knowing and setting up that he would have Madara be behind the Nine-Tails event doesn’t mean he had that flash back planned out in detail.

Fun fact also, by Kishimoto’s own words, because Naruto’s publication was pushed back, Kishimoto had time to fully flesh out the Manga for somewhere between 3-6 months worth of Content, and Mangaka usually are drawing 2-3 Chapters ahead of published chapters (Not Always though). So no, Kishimoto did not have the Minato stuff fully fleshed out, even giving him 6 months (24 Chapters) of developmental time (Assuming he kept that save developmental pace since Chapter 1).

At 24 Chapters, that 2 to 2 1/2 volumes. Itachi’s statement on Nine-Tails Incident was volume Volume 42, Minato Flashback was 53. By Kishimoto’s own word, he’d only have Volume 44-45 Fleshed out completely.
Not really a perfect jinchuriki since he wasn't friends with Isobu, he just had control of his power. And anyways, Kurama>>>>>Isobu. Also it's obviously referring to his full power, since it's talking about someone taking control of him as a whole, referencing when Madara did the same. In fact, speaking of Sasuke, the databook even says that Sasuke only showed a glimpse of the Sharingan's utmost limit which is controlling Kurama.
You’re missing the point. The Mizukage stuff was light work for Obito. And yes, he had access to lower layers of consciousness where he could’ve still used Isobu’s Chakra. The point im making is:

1.) To say Kurama’s power can’t be controlled is made false by Sasuke suppressing it’s power.

2.) Compared to Orange Mask Obito, BoShippuden Sasuke is not even in the same ballpark of Eyepower.

3.) He has light work feats thought to be impossible in-verse.

So no, the statement doesn’t hold water. Sasuke at his weakest could still Control a Biju Level Summoning with Sharingan. This Sasuke is nothing to 3T Obito, LET ALONE MS Obito.

1.) Obito had no shortage of WZ as he easily had 100K laying around.
Doesn't change the fact that in the war his left arm is normal, so clearly he had something against Minato that he didn't at other times.
2.) There is no basis to assert Obito got weaker from lack of training. There is no way to know this. We could argue everyone in Akatsuki got weaker over 3 years. Jiraiya was weaker than when he fought Orochimaru as a YA. Etc…
The basis that he got weaker is the statement, the reason why is less important than the fact of the matter. Also I will note that the normal Akatsuki members went on missions so they're not really the same as Obito who's just chilling on statues rambling to himself.
Your extrapolation is wrong here. Zetsu is speaking in generality. Everyone whom has MS gets access to Tsukoyomi, Amateratsu and Susanoo (Whether or not they use them isn’t a factor here). Madara shows more proficiency with Susanoo than Itachi and Sasuke (Until Butt-End if War Arc). Itachi shows more Proficiency with Tsukiyomi (Although that’s debatable as Madara has Infinite Tsukiyomi and ONLY needed Juubi for AoE). And Sasuke shows better proficiency with Amaterasu, etc.
Um...what. Every MS user has 2 unique MS abilities, one for each eye. Not everyone has Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu. I assume you're talking about the DB statement that says when you unlock Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu the Susanoo comes out. But the outdated argument works better for this than the situations you were using it in, because that was specifically referring to Itachi's Susanoo, as he was the only user.
And again, this is a symptom of outdated information but no, Itachi’s Tsukiyomi isn’t stated to be the strongest Genjutsu. Koto Amatsukami is (Not Counting Six Path Enhanced IT).
You're missing the point. Either way, Itachi's Tsukuyomi is stronger than OM Obito's basic genjutsu because while Shisui hadn't been properly introduced at this point, Obito had.
This Sharingan Amp bs is annoying, but as we don’t see his eyes when he is doing this, there is no basis to say he wasn’t MS Amped. He was spamming Kamui when fighting Danzou’s Men and literally less than a second later is still spamming it as per the scans. There is far more leaning to him being MS Amped here than not.
Idk about that considering he can use Kamui without the MS active.
That’s not how that works. Setting ground work for a future event is not the same having those ideas, beats or concepts “fully” fleshed out. Kronos from PJ or Voldemort from HP come to mind. Riordan and Rowling did not have future plot points or events actions that these characters have taken or would planned out in detail. A general outline, yes, but events to come several novels down the road in detail? No. Knowing and setting up that he would have Madara be behind the Nine-Tails event doesn’t mean he had that flash back planned out in detail.
It's literally mentioned that Kurama could only be controlled by Uchiha ocular powers, so I'm quite sure Kishimoto had thought of Obito using the Sharingan to control Kurama even at that point, not some other weird way, regardless of if he'd fleshed out the other parts of the Minato flashback, and YM Obito controlling Kurama with the Sharingan is the only thing necessary to my argument.
Fun fact also, by Kishimoto’s own words, because Naruto’s publication was pushed back, Kishimoto had time to fully flesh out the Manga for somewhere between 3-6 months worth of Content, and Mangaka usually are drawing 2-3 Chapters ahead of published chapters (Not Always though). So no, Kishimoto did not have the Minato stuff fully fleshed out, even giving him 6 months (24 Chapters) of developmental time (Assuming he kept that save developmental pace since Chapter 1).

At 24 Chapters, that 2 to 2 1/2 volumes. Itachi’s statement on Nine-Tails Incident was volume Volume 42, Minato Flashback was 53. By Kishimoto’s own word, he’d only have Volume 44-45 Fleshed out completely.

You’re missing the point. The Mizukage stuff was light work for Obito. And yes, he had access to lower layers of consciousness where he could’ve still used Isobu’s Chakra. The point im making is:
Ok? Still unquantifiable to say that because Obito could control Yagura, he could control Kurama.
1.) To say Kurama’s power can’t be controlled is made false by Sasuke suppressing it’s power.
Or you don't instantly jump to the conclusion that disagrees with canon material and look at context for the interpretation that's consistent with both the manga and databook.
2.) Compared to Orange Mask Obito, BoShippuden Sasuke is not even in the same ballpark of Eyepower.
Indeed
3.) He has light work feats thought to be impossible in-verse.
This is not a counterargument. Kurama>OM Obito's genjutsu potency>feats thought to be impossible by certain people is not contradictory.
So no, the statement doesn’t hold water. Sasuke at his weakest could still Control a Biju Level Summoning with Sharingan. This Sasuke is nothing to 3T Obito, LET ALONE MS Obito.
Yes, the statement definitely holds water. Bijuu level is absolutely nothing to 50% Kurama, letalone 100% Kurama. By this same token, I could say that Ay was able to chop the horns of Gyuki as a young teen, this Ay is nothing to WA Ay, letalone Ay with Ohnoki amping him, so he must be Kurama level, but obviously this isn't true as Kurama rivals the Perfect Susanoo, and all Five Kage were folded by it.

So shinju+ code chakra+ people they absorb made the shinju clones? Daemon finally gonna get a decent match.

Seems like jura is 100% ishikki clone confirmed

Back