• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
She’d otherwise probably go blind.
I'll bet the plot will make some excuse and not give her blindness because she broke the cycle or something. But really there is absolutely no need to mandate anything in the first place. Pretty sure orochimaru can straight up clone Sasuke's EMS like he did to all the Shins.

Edit: Now that I think about it, idk why Orochimaru isn't a walking plot device in Boruto just like Amado is.

Then that MS will just be a regular Sharingan lmao.
Thinking about it, it would freaking amazing storytelling if when Sarada does use it once and the blindness starts affecting her, like it did Sasuke, they travel to Orochimaru’s to have him modify her Sharingan somehow to not get blind, or use some medicine to massively slow deterioration.

Oro could help her maintain her power, help Mitsuki break the glass ceiling between him and Otsutsuki level AND possible give insight into this Shinju crisis.

Interested?

I have a question about the latest chapter.
In this chapter Shikamaru comments this:
kZNCNna.jpg

But it doesn't make sense. From his perspective, after the switch, it should be Boruto who erased his chakra sign the very first time right?
OrH7Edw.jpg

And this is a conversation that isn't physical evidence. So Shikamaru with his switched memory should think Boruto invented the "erasing chakra sign" when he killed Naruto and Hinata. So it doesn't make sense that he'd be surprised that Boruto can erase his chakra sign too. Can anybody make sense of this?

kZNCNna.jpg

But it doesn't make sense. From his perspective, after the switch, it should be Boruto who erased his chakra sign the very first time right?
no this is referring to when they Initially detected Boruto in chapter 1, and now they are unable to, also this is the Shikamaru thats already put 2:2 together. given the use of an ellipsis, its likely intentional.

kZNCNna.jpg

OrH7Edw.jpg

And this is a conversation that isn't physical evidence. So Shikamaru with his switched memory should think Boruto invented the "erasing chakra sign" when he killed Naruto and Hinata. So it doesn't make sense that he'd be surprised that Boruto can erase his chakra sign too. Can anybody make sense of this?
Giving the context of when he said it I think it is to indicate he was already putting 1 and 2 together that boruto is naruto son and not the way omnipotence deemed it. Like immediately after didn't he say to boruto "you're uzumaki boruto right" ?

So along with the little fears they have is eida statement of saying the evolved shinju are out of codes league concrete evidence that they are jigen level >>>> threats? In terms of strength.

Also do you guys think each shinju would have separate Rinnegan abilities?

well i hope they actually use them, we havent gotten a good use out of them since Pain
I don't want them to be just pain own. I want them to have unique ones kinda how sasuke has amenorejikara and madara has limbo.

Also with the six path symbol or jura does it mean we would treat him as having six path chakra?

no this is referring to when they Initially detected Boruto in chapter 1, and now they are unable to
That doesn't change anything though. The fact still remains that from his perspective he should know Boruto can do it and shouldn't be saying "he can do it now"
, also this is the Shikamaru thats already put 2:2 together. given the use of an ellipsis, its likely intentional.
Giving the context of when he said it I think it is to indicate he was already putting 1 and 2 together that boruto is naruto son and not the way omnipotence deemed it. Like immediately after didn't he say to boruto "you're uzumaki boruto right" ?
But that doesn't make sense either. He only put two and two together recently. He should be struggling to reconcile with that fact and not state it like common knowledge. He even admits it's a far fetched theory. Also he's saying this to Mitsuki, from whom he's hiding the fact that he suspects a switch.

kZNCNna.jpg

OrH7Edw.jpg

It’s been three years. Whose to say Kawaki hasn’t been doing that off and on for whatever reason. Shikamaru already knows from Amadou that it’s within their powersets.

It’s really not that big a deal.

It’s been three years. Whose to say Kawaki hasn’t been doing that off and on for whatever reason. Shikamaru already knows from Amadou that it’s within their powersets.
That's not the issue. From Shikamaru's perspective Boruto should be the first one to ever use it. Then why is he surprised that he can do it now? Let alone compare him to Kawaki. Him suspecting a switch isn't a good rebuttal either since he blurted it out like common knowledge to Mitsuki, even though he admitted that he has trouble believing in the switch theory.
It’s really not that big a deal.
I know

That doesn't change anything though. The fact still remains that from his perspective he should know Boruto can do it and shouldn't be saying "he can do it now"
He doesnt know that, Boruto tripped the sensory unit when he entered the village in chapter 1, he then doesnt this time around and says that boruto can hide his chakra like Kawaki, its a state of fact based on present information. based on the memory swap, Kawaki shouldnt be able to erase his chakra but he can, which is why they later bring up that a lot of the inconsistencies stop being inconsistent the moment you swap boruto and kawaki
But that doesn't make sense either. He only put two and two together recently.
He didnt put 2: 2 together literally seconds ago,
He should be struggling to reconcile with that fact and not state it like common knowledge
They cant detect Kawaki's chakra signature but they can Boruto's up to this point , so it is a matter of fact.
. He even admits it's a far fetched theory.
followed by him saying that everything makes sense if does believe this theory, which we know he does, given he plans to help boruto.
Also he's saying this to Mitsuki, from whom he's hiding the fact that he suspects a switch.
because theres nothing to hide, Boruto being sensed by the leaf and kawaki not being senses is knowledge everyone present has access too.

the ...Like Kawaki... isnt a statement of matter of fact its split between two Ellipsis, (used to indicate the omission of words or suggest an incomplete thought. In general) thats Shikamaru putting the pieces together in real time hence 2:2

also this isnt true, the people he specifically wants to avoid finding out are Amado,Kawaki and Eida. Shikamaru clearly doesnt trust Kawaki given he also has Mitsuki keep eyes on him. (Food for thought)

But that doesn't make sense either. He only put two and two together recently. He should be struggling to reconcile with that fact and not state it like common knowledge. He even admits it's a far fetched theory. Also he's saying this to Mitsuki, from whom he's hiding the fact that he suspects a switch.
Huh? Nope. He didn't just put 2 and 2 together. After Amado theory he went through konoha files extensively and on his own switched their positions in his mind and saw that everything fits perfectly if boruto was naruto son and there wasn't anymore holes like before. So he was pretty convinced

He doesnt know that, Boruto tripped the sensory unit when he entered the village in chapter 1, he then doesnt this time around and says that boruto can hide his chakra like Kawaki, its a state of fact based on present information.
The fact was presented that "Boruto has the ability to erase chakra now". This doesn't make sense because in Shikamaru's memory he knew Boruto did the same thing 3 years ago. So why would he say he "can" do it now as if this is the first time he's heard about Boruto doing it.
based on the memory swap, Kawaki shouldnt be able to erase his chakra but he can, which is why they later bring up that a lot of the inconsistencies stop being inconsistent the moment you swap boruto and kawaki
The inconsistencies that have been shown so far have always been memory vs evidence. There has been no evidence to contradict that Boruto used chakra erasure three years ago. Kawaki using it in between time skip would be chalked up to "he has learned it now because he's otsutsuki". It wouldn't really contradict anything in Shikamaru's memory.
He didnt put 2: 2 together literally seconds ago,
Yeah but it was recent enough that he shouldn't state facts like that out of reflex.
They cant detect Kawaki's chakra signature but they can Boruto's up to this point , so it is a matter of fact.
But in their perspective they couldn't detect Boruto's either when he supposedly went to kill Naruto and Hinata. So it's weird that he'd say "now" Boruto can do it.
followed by him saying that everything makes sense if does believe this theory, which we know he does, given he plans to help boruto.
The inconsistency is always between memories and physical evidence though. Him remembering Boruto erased his chakra 3 years ago is a memory and isn't really contradicted by anything so far.
because theres nothing to hide, Boruto being sensed by the leaf and kawaki not being senses is knowledge everyone present has access too.
But Mitsuki would find it weird that Shikamaru is surprised that Boruto "can" do it "now", when he knows about Boruto doing the same thing three years ago.
the ...Like Kawaki... isnt a statement of matter of fact its split between two Ellipsis, (used to indicate the omission of words or suggest an incomplete thought. In general) thats Shikamaru putting the pieces together in real time hence.
Then why wouldn't he do it in his mind. Either he thinks nobody listening to him is smart enough to figure out the discrepancy, or it was a mistake on his part.
also this isnt true, the people he specifically wants to avoid finding out are Amado,Kawaki and Eida. Shikamaru clearly doesnt trust Kawaki given he also has Mitsuki keep eyes on him. (Food for thought)
While this is true, if he trusted Mitsuki though, he'd have privately told him to go easy on Boruto.

Huh? Nope. He didn't just put 2 and 2 together. After Amado theory he went through konoha files extensively and on his own switched their positions in his mind and saw that everything fits perfectly if boruto was naruto son and there wasn't anymore holes like before. So he was pretty convinced
First of all I said recently, not minutes ago. Recently can mean days. Secondly, he wasn't pretty convinced. Although it made sense to him logically, he admitted that he had a tough time believing it. Then why would he state it to Mitsuki like that?

That's not the issue. From Shikamaru's perspective Boruto should be the first one to ever use it. Then why is he surprised that he can do it now? Let alone compare him to Kawaki. Him suspecting a switch isn't a good rebuttal either since he blurted it out like common knowledge to Mitsuki, even though he admitted that he has trouble believing in the switch theory.
Ngl, this is kinda a nitpick, bro… At worst it’s an oversight. There doesn’t have to be an explanation or this introspective on it.

The point, which we already know, is that Boruto can do the same. But yes, you pointed out a minor inconsistency in the writing.

Ngl, this is kinda a nitpick, bro… At worst it’s an oversight. There doesn’t have to be an explanation or this introspective on it.

The point, which we already know, is that Boruto can do the same. But yes, you pointed out a minor inconsistency in the writing.
I know it's a nitpick. I just wanted to be sure if this was intended or not. Don't mind me.

First of all I said recently, not minutes ago. Recently can mean days. Secondly, he wasn't pretty convinced. Although it made sense to him logically, he admitted that he had a tough time believing it. Then why would he state it to Mitsuki like that?
Oh I get what you're saying now.
It might be due to the fact that he in fact knew boruto could not erase his chakra signature. Remember they have been on the run for years. Overtime they might have been frequently tracking him, sai and his team.. so like this is new info.

Oh I get what you're saying now.
It might be due to the fact that he in fact knew boruto could not erase his chakra signature. Remember they have been on the run for years. Overtime they might have been frequently tracking him, sai and his team.. so like this is new info.
Yeah this would make sense and count as an inconsistency in Shikamaru's mind too. After Sasuke sacrificed himself, Shikamaru could have tracked him down.

The fact was presented that "Boruto has the ability to erase chakra now". This doesn't make sense because in Shikamaru's memory he knew Boruto did the same thing 3 years ago
Because he wasnt able to do earlier
. So why would he say he "can" do it now as if this is the first time he's heard about Boruto doing it.
because he didnt do it earlier
The inconsistencies that have been shown so far have always been memory vs evidence. There has been no evidence to contradict that Boruto used chakra erasure three years ago. Kawaki using it in between time skip would be chalked up to "he has learned it now because he's otsutsuki". It wouldn't really contradict anything in Shikamaru's memory.
They would have known, given Otsutsuki at some point do it passively
Yeah but it was recent enough that he shouldn't state facts like that out of reflex.
he didnt say it out of reflex.. theres a long pause between the two sentences
But in their perspective they couldn't detect Boruto's either when he supposedly went to kill Naruto and Hinata. So it's weird that he'd say "now" Boruto can do it.
yes and that would be true if we are talking about a shikamaru who still believes in Omnipotence as oppose to one thats picking it apart in real time
But Mitsuki would find it weird that Shikamaru is surprised that Boruto "can" do it "now", when he knows about Boruto doing the same thing three years ago.
Because he didnt use it earlier
Then why wouldn't he do it in his mind.
Because its happening in real time as his talking, this is a common trope, you can see it in mysteries as well, when characters deduce something they tend to say the thing thats on their mind
Either he thinks nobody listening to him is smart enough to figure out the discrepancy, or it was a mistake on his part.
he doesnt have to hide anything
While this is true, if he trusted Mitsuki though, he'd have privately told him to go easy on Boruto.
warmer

Though i guess its getting excessive to quote so much of the same points over and over about a single line we arguing about.

Because he wasnt able to do earlier

because he didnt do it earlier
That doesn't contradict his memories tho. Boruto didn't want to use it earlier. Try to think from Shikamaru's perspective. If you saw someone use a rasengan 3 years ago, and then they didn't use it in a recent battle, and then they used it again. You wouldn't go like "yeah he can use rasengan now"
He didnt say it out of reflex.. theres a long pause between the two sentences
Maybe, this is true.
yes and that would be true if we are talking about a shikamaru who still believes in Omnipotence as oppose to one thats picking it apart in real time
I'd agree with you if he didn't say it out loud. Where Mitsuki, the detection team, and Eida can hear him. Which is why I thought he said it casually and not in a thoughtful way.
Because its happening in real time as his talking, this is a common trope, you can see it in mysteries as well, when characters deduce something they tend to say the thing thats on their mind
I know. Refer to previous point.
he doesnt have to hide anything
He does
Idk what this means.

That doesn't contradict his memories tho. Boruto didn't want to use it earlier. Try to think from Shikamaru's perspective. If you saw someone use a rasengan 3 years ago, and then they didn't use it in a recent battle, and then they used it again. You wouldn't go like "yeah he can use rasengan now"
yes which would be valid if he wasnt questioning his memories
Maybe, this is true.
It is...
if this was adapted into spoken lines, there would be a pause between the start of the sentence and when he says like kawaki
I'd agree with you if he didn't say it out loud. Where Mitsuki, the detection team, and Eida can hear him. Which is why I thought he said it casually and not in a thoughtful way.
Because his not saying methodically, like i mentioned before the like kawaki part is separate.
I know. Refer to previous point.
refer to my initial point
they all have the present information
Idk what this means.
Dont Sweat it.

Back