• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If you can prove that Madara managed to trap Hashirama in a genjutsu and he successfully broke out, then sure.
Let's be fr, they fought for well over a decade, it's not realistic at all to say he would've never used genjutsu in their hundreds of battles
Otherwise, I think I'll stick to what's explicitly stated.
This doesn't mean that it's the case for absolutely everyone, it can just be referring to a general rule of thumb, which is supported by the raws (二対一で挑むのが原則。一人が術に堕ちたら、仲間が術者を攻撃し解く。)
Danzo had the Sharingan, which allows you to dispel genjutsu, even that of another Sharingan.
He had the Sharingan covered, and Sasuke didn't even know about it and was still uncertain about being able to trap him.

Is Jiraiya’s method widely known? Iirc, Chiyo’s statement wouldn’t apply to Jiraiya’s method if his method isn’t widely known (Sounds Crazy, Ik).

The reason I ask is because when Itachi rebounded Kurenai’s Genjutsu, she didn’t employ the same method, instead she used pain (Ala, Shikamaru) and outside of Itachi and Shisui, SHE was the worlds greatest Genjutsu user.
Shit, questioned > answered. But that begs the question… would the ability to absorb Nature Energy count towards the two person rule? 🤔

It’s not necessary to absorb enough to go into Sage Mode.

Let's be fr, they fought for well over a decade, it's not realistic at all to say he would've never used genjutsu in their hundreds of battles

This doesn't mean that it's the case for absolutely everyone, it can just be referring to a general rule of thumb, which is supported by the raws (二対一で挑むのが原則。一人が術に堕ちたら、仲間が術者を攻撃し解く。)

He had the Sharingan covered, and Sasuke didn't even know about it and was still uncertain about being able to trap him.
I perfer this version of it instead.
sddefault.jpg

Which is kinda canon.
ZANcT9X.png

Back