• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You aren't ready for Cho-Cho being 100x stronger than Ishiki
even more based, one could say most Basedious
Whoa_bcgxiv.gif

She's already stated to be stronger then Naruto if you use the data stuff at the end of the chapters from the beginning...
i actually despise these data notes so much

like id love to sit down with Kodachi and ask him what was going through his head when he was writing that shit because it's literal aids

i actually despise these data notes so much

like id love to sit down with Kodachi and ask him what was going through his head when he was writing that shit because it's literal aids
That shit was the most based thing he did. Even better then the world lore being dropped. The world lore stuff should have continued.

If you say cards, they are just the card game played by Boruto and his friends. There is no such thing as their real power being equal to their power on the cards.
🤔
i dont think so. the kids dont have cards of themselves. also the cards are only ninjas, but they have the scientist, kawaki, and even the ninjutsu absorbing androids

On a more serious note, the existence of Boruto as a series is the main cause of all these

The power levels displayed are quite high compared to its predecessor. Even at lower levels.

We have academy students reacting to raiton attacks.
Something we only got in its predecessor from a high Jonin

There are more lightning dodging feats in the first 60 episodes of Boruto than the entirety of Naruto

Even for AP. The profiles speak for themselves.

All the amps listed above (Six Paths, etc) are things that are not easy to achieve for the regular Shinobi

But as a consequence of the story needing these regular shinobis, they have no choice but to achieve that level of power in order to become relevant.

An example is the Gokage.
Imagine if instead of going to rescue Naruto, they just packed up and left for their villages because they aren’t strong enough. Doing that betrays their character.

Replace Darui with 4GNA Ay or Chojuro with Mei, they'll perform the exact same way.

If Naruto returns to Konoha today. He'll scrap with people like Code.

I'm not saying it's good writing

I'm just saying it's understandable.

On a more serious note, the existence of Boruto as a series is the main cause of all these
its the escalation of spectacle from a meta pov, because often audience will lose interest if we go back to the fundamentals or revisit the same concepts because even if in universe its a reset its still a continuation of something they familiar with. and this isnt limited to sequel series, the real reason why some jutsu have a ton of build up and hand signs early on in the series and not the same later on is because while those things are exciting for first time readers, by the second or third or fourth time it completely loses its impact. and while the "fixes" for these issues are often not associated with good writing there really is only a limited way of going about it, while trying to maintain the audience of the IP at large

either progressing Linearly or in a Lateral way, example of the latter is JOJO substituting Hamon for Stands, the third option is cutting it down completely and starting a fresh with the sole intent of capturing an entirely different audience than your legacy ones, which has historical not gone well with beloved IP. so linear is often the safest route to go.

and off course i could stand on a soapbox of sorts and say artist should value good writing over appeasing readers the reality is the manga industry at large is not built to accommodate creatives like this. when you write a novel, make a film ect , its often edited and reworked over and over again until the finished product is released and everyone that worked on the said product has been paid, but this isnt the case with serialized stories told in pieces and the reception of every piece determines whether not said person has livelihood or not.

The power levels displayed are quite high compared to its predecessor. Even at lower levels.

We have academy students reacting to raiton attacks.
Something we only got in its predecessor from a high Jonin

There are more lightning dodging feats in the first 60 episodes of Boruto than the entirety of Naruto

Even for AP. The profiles speak for themselves.

All the amps listed above (Six Paths, etc) are things that are not easy to achieve for the regular Shinobi

But as a consequence of the story needing these regular shinobis, they have no choice but to achieve that level of power in order to become relevant.

An example is the Gokage.
Imagine if instead of going to rescue Naruto, they just packed up and left for their villages because they aren’t strong enough. Doing that betrays their character.

Replace Darui with 4GNA Ay or Chojuro with Mei, they'll perform the exact same way.

If Naruto returns to Konoha today. He'll scrap with people like Code.

I'm not saying it's good writing

I'm just saying it's understandable.
Next generations do be surpassing.

its the escalation of spectacle from a meta pov, because often audience will lose interest if we go back to the fundamentals or revisit the same concepts because even if in universe its a reset its still a continuation of something they familiar with. and this isnt limited to sequel series, the real reason why some jutsu have a ton of build up and hand signs early on in the series and not the same later on is because while those things are exciting for first time readers, by the second or third or fourth time it completely loses its impact. and while the "fixes" for these issues are often not associated with good writing there really is only a limited way of going about it, while trying to maintain the audience of the IP at large

either progressing Linearly or in a Lateral way, example of the latter is JOJO substituting Hamon for Stands, the third option is cutting it down completely and starting a fresh with the sole intent of capturing an entirely different audience than your legacy ones, which has historical not gone well with beloved IP. so linear is often the safest route to go.

and off course i could stand on a soapbox of sorts and say artist should value good writing over appeasing readers the reality is the manga industry at large is not built to accommodate creatives like this. when you write a novel, make a film ect , its often edited and reworked over and over again until the finished product is released and everyone that worked on the said product has been paid, but this isnt the case with serialized stories told in pieces and the reception of every piece determines whether not said person has livelihood or not.
Shadow FRA

this also explains why people were largely uninterested in the Academy Era arcs of Boruto, because ppl lost interest very fast, and didn't care about shit like learning how to walk on water, or throw shurikens, or summonings lol

ppl wanted to see Naruto and Sasuke battle gods, and use big massive jutsu.

Etc etc big words big words. Stop meta diving into the writing and explaining shit over the fact we need big booms damn it! I want big booms and I want them now!

this also explains why people were largely uninterested in the Academy Era arcs of Boruto, because ppl lost interest very fast, and didn't care about shit like learning how to walk on water, or throw shurikens, or summonings lol
Beyond just Boruto, think of all the long running serialized series that set stuff up and how many people get annoyed when theres not an immediate pay off

ppl wanted to see Naruto and Sasuke battle gods, and use big massive jutsu.
Best arcs cause it gave us a cast instead of only showing the same 5 characters over and over again.

I love how Butterfly Mode is initially presented as this mega risk mega reward technique that makes you x100 at the cost of very probably dying and by the Way Arc Choji can spam it with no issue and now his Daughter can too...and they don't feel overpowered by using it.

Power Creep is wild.

the only downside of the ability is the chakra consumption and calorie consumption, after perfecting the ability, she only uses it twice, so it's not as if she spams it. it has nothing to do with power creeping

Do I need 2 or 3 thread mod folk to push a CRT onto a profile? I got Damage and Duedate to agree with Sakura blank period change and I don't care enough to fight for the Shin one atm.

Probably not. I mean, Boruto ain't just momo, he's also a half Uzumaki with a space alien eyes with a father who's basically nigh- invincible, Add that with Sasuke training him and him being a prodigy, You get something that makes Naruto fanfiction cry with joy.

Back