• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm unsure about scaling Haku to High 7-A, War Arc Kakashi's Tier. I know that Haku was holding back to not kill Naruto and Sasuke, but any effort from him would lol stomp both. And even if Haku was holding back and not wanting to kill them, I'm pretty sure Haku didn't want to be trashed by KN0 either.
I understand your skepticism, and I'm fine with a possibly. Haku also was heavily drained by that point, as that's why he immediately went for the kill on one of them, since Ice Mirrors drains his chakra.

Can someone summarize what’s happened in here, why is High 7-A Haku a discussion (as amazing as it would be, it doesn’t make sense).

Can someone summarize what’s happened in here, why is High 7-A Haku a discussion (as amazing as it would be, it doesn’t make sense).
Using the Statement that Haku is above Kakashi, the statement that Guy is a threat to the Akatsuki, etc.

Haku clashing with Base Lee, taking hits from Base Guy, and Lee equates to Haku being above War Arc Kakashi

I understand your skepticism, and I'm fine with a possibly. Haku also was heavily drained by that point, as that's why he immediately went for the kill on one of them, since Ice Mirrors drains his chakra.
But are you sure that simply being out of chakra (I'm being generous here, Haku was actually just "low on chakra") is enough to say that Haku being trashed by a characters Tiers below him (KN0 Naruro) is actually consistent? I mean, I know that when a character is low on chakra, he tired as ****, but it was never a reason to say that their durability decreased.

And like, you'd have a High 7-A character fighting two Low End 8-B characters, while the High 7-A has a 7-C partner fighting another 7-C character.... I mean, it sounds weird, really weird. I know that things aren't always consistent in fiction, and calling them weird isn't an argument, but like, c'mon, Haku being able to literally one shot 90% of Konoha is just stupid and makes no sense with the narrative.

Haku is above Kakashi
So Part I Kakashi, the one that scales to the Sound Four.

Guy is a threat to the Akatsuki
Eight Gates. Those are things that exist. This was directly shown in the series when Sixth Gate Guy pummeled 30% Kisame. Also with the way the databook words it, it’s not just AP. It’s AP + taijutsu skill + determination that lets him be “more than equal to anyone in the Akatsuki.”

Haku fighting Lee and Guy
This is actually valid, however, neither of those two scale to War Arc Kakashi in base. Guy scales to Part I Kakashi, slightly above him, and Lee... is kinda featless tbh. If anything, Lee should be scaling to Haku due to their clash.

But are you sure that simply being out of chakra (I'm being generous here, Haku was actually just "low on chakra") is enough to say that Haku being trashed by a characters Tiers below him (KN0 Naruro) is actually consistent? I mean, I know that when a character is low on chakra, he tired as ****, but it was never a reason to say that their durability decreased.
Well, when he got punched the damage he sustained was a cracked mask and some blood, and says he's finished afterward.

And like, you'd have a High 7-A character fighting two Low End 8-B characters, while the High 7-A has a 7-C partner fighting another 7-C character.... I mean, it sounds weird, really weird. I know that things aren't always consistent in fiction, and calling them weird isn't an argument, but like, c'mon, Haku being able to literally one shot 90% of Konoha is just stupid and makes no sense with the narrative.
I'm fine with conceding if it doesn't make sense to everyone else, I won't fight an uphill battle.

If those are the only arguments, Haku’s tier shouldn’t change. Well, actually, he should be solid 7-C, not ‘At least 8-B, possibly 7-C’ but you know what I mean.

He scales above P1 Kakashi and Zabuza, and he scales to base Guy, who also scales (slightly) above P1 Kakashi and Zabuza.

The only thing that’s possibly inconsistent is Haku getting absolutely bullied by KN0, although you could say Haku was still suppressed there and KN0 should have an ‘up to’ tier anyways.

The only thing that’s possibly inconsistent is Haku getting absolutely bullied by KN0, although you could say Haku was still suppressed there and KN0 should have an ‘up to’ tier anyways.
That's the thing with me, he was already suppressed, he used way too much chakra against Base Naruto and Sasuke, so much to the point where his needles couldn't even pierce his skin that deep.

Well, when he got punched the damage he sustained was a cracked mask and some blood, and says he's finished afterward.
Well, isn't that enough to scale? It's been years since I've read that part of the manga, but I do remember KN0 defeating Haku, or at least, having feats enough to scale. Don't you think the same thing?
I'm fine with conceding if it doesn't make sense to everyone else, I won't fight an uphill battle.
You don't need to concede just because "it doesn't make sense to everyone else". An argument is an argument and needs to be countered first. And that's what I trying to do here. Actually, I'm not even completely disagreeing, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. While I think that Haku should be a bit higher, I don't think he should be THAT high.

Base Guy is inconsistent via his "outlier" scaling to Obito
I think I’ve already listed my gripes with that, Sixth Gate Guy was squaring up with the jinchūriki, who scale to KCM, who Obito scales above.

Also Guy only blocked a single hit from Obito, so yeah. Definitely an outlier.

Well, isn't that enough to scale? It's been years since I've read that part of the manga, but I do remember KN0 defeating Haku, or at least, having feats enough to scale. Don't you think the same thing?
The exact exchange is:

Haku throws needles, Naruto deflects, Haku strikes and attempts to hit Naruto, Naruto dodges and then grabs him, breaks all his mirrors, Haku states he can't hold his chakra back anymore, gets punched, and stands up, and says he's finished. The previous chapter, Haku states "I can't let this fight go on! My own art forces me to expend a great deal of chakra, so there's a limit to how long I can go on using it!", before immediately going for Naruto. His attacks are even stated to get weaker as it goes on.
You don't need to concede just because "it doesn't make sensendoe everyone else". An argument is an argument and needs to be countered first. And that's what I trying to do here. Actually, I'm not even completely disagreeing, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. While I think that Haku should be a bit higher, I don't think he should be THAT high.
I think bare minimum he should be 7-A, tbh. But his feats are weird, so I understand contention against him.

I think I’ve already listed my gripes with that, Sixth Gate Guy was squaring up with the jinchūriki, who scale to KCM, who Obito scales above.
Wasn't 6th Gate Guy sending them flying?
And idk if the Jins scale to KCM. Heck, they fought him in base, and Naruto could block them with chakra arms but he was getting pushed back by a base Han and knocked around w/out the chakra arms.
Also Guy only blocked a single hit from Obito, so yeah. Definitely an outlier.
Clashed with his Gunbai, deflected his kunai, could keep up with him in speed, and could block him while getting complimented by KCM Naruto.

The exact exchange is:

Haku throws needles, Naruto deflects, Haku strikes and attempts to hit Naruto, Naruto dodges and then grabs him, breaks all his mirrors, Haku states he can't hold his chakra back anymore, gets punched, and stands up, and says he's finished. The previous chapter, Haku states "I can't let this fight go on! My own art forces me to expend a great deal of chakra, so there's a limit to how long I can go on using it!", before immediately going for Naruto. His attacks are even stated to get weaker as it goes on.
Hmm, this changes a few things. I remembered as a stomp in KN0 Naruto's favor, not like a fair match like that. But still, KN0 being able to harm Haku is actually enough to scale him to High 7-A (???). I get that his AP was getting weaker, sure, but by how much? The gap between High 7-A and KN0's Tier (7-C) is actually huge, and depending on how weak Haku was, it'd still be enough for KN0 to be one shot'ed.
I think bare minimum he should be 7-A, tbh. But his feats are weird, so I understand contention against him
I mean, if you ask me, I wouldn't separate Part 1 and 2 Kakashi. I'd make him as "Part 1 and 2 | War Arc Kakashi | Dual MS" and only that. Maybe we can work with that if people agree.

Wasn't 6th Gate Guy sending them flying?
V2 Fū blocked a hit from him iirc.
And idk if the Jins scale to KCM. Heck, they fought him in base, and Naruto could block them with chakra arms but he was getting pushed back by a base Han and knocked around w/out the chakra arms.
Actually that’s partial transformations, not base. And KCM Naruto is still capable of taking hits from the V2 jinchūriki, most notably Yagura and Yugito.
Clashed with his Gunbai, deflected his kunai, could keep up with him in speed, and could block him while getting complimented by KCM Naruto.
That’s not really clashing, it’s just Obito blocking his hit. We don’t scale AP to things like kunai and shuriken, and speed doesn’t really matter to me rn. Our speed scaling is weird in general.

Hmm, this changes a few things. I remembered as a stomp in KN0 Naruto's favor, not like a fair match like that. But still, KN0 being able to harm Haku is actually enough to scale him to High 7-A (???). I get that his AP was getting weaker, sure, but by how much? The gao between High 7-A and KN0's Tier (7-C) is actually huge, and depending on how weak Haku was, it'd still be enough for KN0 to scale.
It is never stated, but it's noted he is very heavily suppressed. Haku still aimed for non-vitals, as stated by Sasuke, and literally pierced his leg in the same panel, and then next chapter Sasuke continued to adapt to his (restricted) speed, and is noticeably shown dodging, THEN Haku goes for his "deathblow" before Naruto can react.
I mean, if you ask me, I wouldn't separate Part 1 and 2 Kakashi. I'd make him as "Part 1 and 2 | War Arc Kakashi | Dual MS" and only that. Maybe we can work with that if people agree.
I agree.

Hmm, this changes a few things. I remembered as a stomp in KN0 Naruto's favor, not like a fair match like that.
It basically was a stomp, or at least it was made very blatant that KN0 was stronger than Haku. Going off of Haku’s own inner monologues, he couldn’t push back KN0’s chakra and he directly stated that he couldn’t defeat him.

Back