• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Moon Conundrum (Potential Upgrades)

> 2.)The moon only has 2 large holes in it (The one Naruto's energy created and the SWR Tornado (Which we don't see)). We only see the same hole that Naruto's chakra blasted from different angles which explains a hollowed out section "near the crust". You are making the jump from there to "the moon is completely hollow" with no proof.

We see three, Toneri's sword slice gap, Naruto's energy hole and the statue fall hole. All having taken place within different angles on the Moon's surface, yet all showing that the Moon an extremely thin crust.

Don't you get that if the crust is shown to be thin in several different angles and sides, then the Moon must be pretty damn hollow? Whether completely so or not, it's nearly completely hollow. This is shown by all the scans I've posted again, again and again. At this point this thread is tiring me out.

its look like both of u are very angry so pls calm down(probably i am wrong)

otherwise it will affact the calc cuz u know why and no one want this

so i suggest we calc this by finding distance between artificial sun to the ground

+ make it less assumption

and its most reasonable

It's secondary canon. Aka, the movie takes precendence whenever there is a direct contradiction between the two. Haven't we been through this?

Kepekley23 said:
It's secondary canon. Aka, the movie takes precendence whenever there is a direct contradiction between the two. Haven't we been through this?
I really don't care anymore, do whatever you want ƒñÀÔÇìÔÖé´©Å

If the palace is at the moon's core then it automatically makes it extremely hollow. Nothing in the movie outright contradicts the location to my memory either. Nice find Kep.

Well dang. Celebrated prematurely. Guess we're back to waiting for some sphere calc.

He also says "filled". Were the open space within the Moon only a localized and small portion of the full volume like you guys argue, the Moon wouldn't be considered "filled" with it. The dialogue would just say "it had a giant open space" instead.

Qawsedf234 said:
If the palace is at the moon's core then it automatically makes it extremely hollow. Nothing in the movie outright contradicts the location to my memory either. Nice find Kep.
Can you read it? I neevr said it was at the moon core.

@Rocker

Filled means full. Filling is not the same thing.

In that case, the cup wouldn't be full of water.

blegg the moon is far more hollow than we originally thought but i still stand by the fact that it's not 99 percent hollow

99% was a statement by Qaws. We could find an accurate percent by finding the thickness of the crust and then applying it to figure out an accurate percentage of hollowness.

Or, as I suggested, we cal the size of the fake sun and then use that to calc the distence between the sun and the ground, thus giving us the radius of the hole.

Unless someone who thinks 15% isn't a good assumption to make can quantify the actual volume of the moon or get close to doing so then there's no point in this debate.

That's all there is left to say at this point.

Man now that I think about it we waste more time on threads like this instead of actually finishing revisions that need to be applied

The fake sun is huge enough that the floating island for Hamura only comes near Toneri's floating palace, that in itself is also huge, once a year. The thing is massive as well.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
The fake sun is huge enough that the floating island for Hamura only comes near Toneri's floating palace, that in itself is also huge, once a year. The thing is massive as well.
That has more to do with orbits, not the size, but ofcourse the size plays a factor.

While re-watching the Last I found something that could potentially show us how hollow the moon is.This image shows that the place where the tenseigan is looks to be a replica of the moon. The sphere in the center of said replica moon represents the artificial sun and is where the tenseigan is. If this is actually a representation of what the moon looks like it would make it about 40-50% hollow. While it is never confirmed in the movie if this replica moon is what the real moon looks like, it does fit nicely with information like the artificial sun being in the center of the moon and parts of the moon's crust being really thin.

Got 308 pixels for the big moon's diameter and 77 as the small thing's diameter

3,474.8 km * (77/308) = 868.7 kilometers

IRL Moon Volume = 2.19678 x 10^10 square kilometers

Mini-Moon Volume = 3.43248 x 10^8 square kilometers

You'd get 1.5625% hollowness. Though that image does have a major issue in regards to crust thickness. As the two holes formed in the near side of the crust was demonstrably less than hundreds of kilometers

Wait....how is that an issue all of a sudden just cause its basically 1% hollow? this is LITERALLY the only thing we cn=an find unless thers another image we can deal with

No like, I don't have an issue with it being 1.5625% Hollow. My problem has to do with the placement of the sphere in regards to the moon, since its side nearest to the crust would be far thicker that what was shown

I'm pretty sure we can't use it either way due to the assumption of the broken core representing the actual Moon being unfounded speculation.

Yeah, from what I got at least. But I think the placement is wrong, or it may not be to scale or something. Because the same image implies this

Which isn't back uped here , here , or when they're flying back from the crust

Only other ways to do it (besides just dropping it and keeping the 15%) is to calculate the crust and the amount of mass the moon lost then use that to get an idea of how thick the surface was or use the large sun in the center of the moon to get a idea of the distances.

It'd be a large multi-layered calc I don't know if I could do it. But if I had to guess it'd go like: Measuring someone against the main castle -> finding the castle's height -> Find something that would allow you to get the diameter or near diameter of the sun -> Once that is accomplished you can use ang sizing to roughly guess the distance -> Double it and you get the diameter/use what you got for a volume calculation.

SO we're basically not changing anything...well I just wasted my weekend. Just keep it the same if there isn't any solution side I feel like this has all been brought up before for some reaosn

The options are doing nothing and leaving it as is or actually trying to strive for accuracy and attempt the multi-layered calc or a calc based on the visuals given during Toneri's swing. The latter is easiest it'd seem.

Back