• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Might Guy's ability to bend space should be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadmus Prime said:
Might guy does not have spatial manipulation, or limited spatial manip or whatever. He bent space due to the force of his attacks not because he had any sort of control over it. If anything it should just add to the testament of how strong/fast his attacks were.
This. The nature of the tech and its description = outlier

Buu's shout is a direct application of strong ki manipulation/control via a technique that could affect space and time.

Guy bending space is not due to a technique, but to speed, power, and immense chakra, which nobody higher than him has ever replicated. Plus, him bending space wasn't an intended result, it was a side effect.

And so people stronger that Buu should also be able to do the same thing, unless you are telling me that Buu had the best ki control and manipulation only ever replicated by Anilaza. Also what "technique" it was never stated as a technique iirc, just him shouting with enough power to open a portal to a dimension.

Not to mention Guy was said to have the best Taijutsu ever displayed as well, which no one else has replicated and unlocked the final Gate which again no one ever replicated. Stating that it was simply speed is fundamentally wrong. While Buu used something that nearly everyone high tier should have.

False equivalency. already made a DB thread about scaling from Buu's shout.

Taijutsu = hand to hand combat, anybody stronger than Guy with somewhat decent technique has better taijutsu.

Scroll up, I've already discussed the ability.

Guy bending space is not a side effect, it's the effect of his speed. If it was a side effect, then it would hinder Guy and everyone around him, not the enemy.

Unite My Rice said:
False equivalency. already made a DB thread about scaling from Buu's shout.
Taijutsu = hand to hand combat, anybody stronger than Guy with somewhat decent technique has better taijutsu.

Scroll up, I've already discussed the ability.
And I disagreed the literal datbook says that it changes taijutsu into doing things it could not do before like twisting space. Soething that has been shown in the manga, in the anime and in the databook to happen is what I would go with over some person saying outlier just because. We are to give Guy limited spatial manipulation and no one else because that is what he did.

A side effect is an accompanying effect of some main factor, usually but not always detrimental, and unwanted or unexpected.

Inb4 Guy bending space = keikaku doori

Unite My Rice said:
A side effect is an accompanying effect of some main factor, usually but not always detrimental, and unwanted or unexpected.
Inb4 Guy bending space = keikaku doori
It literally does not matter if it is a side effect it is what happened and can affect a fight.

No. If it was a side effect then it would hinder the user. It's not unwanted. It did hinder Madara, the enemy, from even being able to block the attack. It was a advantage for Guy.

Dzhindzholia said:
I dont't know what you argue about,Databook says it distors space,it means that it distores space,that is it.We have an official statement and a legit feat.
Not to mention we are giving it to no one else. There is literally 0 actual reasoning behind not giving it to him. So what if it is an outlier. He did it.

I really feel like death to the author is going to far. To the point where people are outright ignoring stated feats.

Bending space is the aftereffects of the technique; not the effect itself. Guy shows no actual deliberate manipulation of space; it just happens as a consequence of his fast kick.

EDIT: So I am against it being listed as Spatial Manipulation.

Damage3245 said:
Bending space is the aftereffects of the technique; not the effect itself. Guy shows no actual deliberate manipulation of space; it just happens as a consequence of his fast kick.
EDIT: So I am against it being listed as Spatial Manipulation.
And so what if it was a side effect it happened. Which is why it would be limited spatial manipulation, this is an indexing site.

Guy attack's speed is what bended the space. He used it, so he obviously should have it. It bended the space around Madara when Guy wasn't evem near him yet.

But it's also not an outlier site. Literally every piece of evidence on Guy's technique doesn't warrant blatant space manipulation, he's just powerful.

That's like saying people who travel at light speed have time manipulation relative to an outside observer due to relativity. That's not how this works.

Unite My Rice said:
But it's also not an outlier site. Literally every piece of evidence on Guy's technique doesn't warrant blatant space manipulation, he's just powerful.
That's like saying people who travel at light speed have time manipulation relative to an outside observer due to relativity. That's not how this works.
False equivalency, difference being that those people did not do anything related to time manipulation unlike guy. If those people did then why not? Guy showed spatial manipulation and so I am for limited spatial manipulation since all he did was bend space as a side effect. Outsiders would not see anyone traveling at lgihtspeed anyway unlike people seeing and noting Guy bending space.

Unite My Rice said:
But it's also not an outlier site. Literally every piece of evidence on Guy's technique doesn't warrant blatant time manipulation, he's just powerful.

So why does have every DB character stronger than Buu and Gotenks have Portal Creation when they never showed such a feat? It's you assuming that they would have it.

@Rocker1189

Ask about this ability in ability addition thread.Just drop it,there is 0 reasons to argue when you have legit feat and legit statement.

Unsubbed.

Dzhindzholia said:
@Rocker1189
Ask about this ability in ability addition thread.Just drop it,there is 0 reasons to argue when you have legit feat and legit statement.

Unsubbed.
Yeah you are right. What a joke.

@unforgiven

Already made a thread on that

@Rocker

Context from the manga as well as the databook says Night Guy bending space = power.

So where's Naruto's space manipulation? Where's Sasuke's? This is an inconsistency, simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back