• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Might Guy's ability to bend space should be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me why guy doesnt have spactial manipulation on his profile?? I believe he should have it because it is used in his last attack before it connects and can stop a foe from block or attacking as seen when madara tried to prepare for the attack with his TSB staf

By this logic anybody > 8 gates guy should have it, despite Guy being the only person to have it.

As for why he doesn't have it, idk.

I agree.

"By this logic anybody > 8 gates guy should have it"

Guy is only one who performed it,there is literally 0 reasons not to add that ability to his profile.

Yeah, I read his profile the other day and even though it's an explicit power of the Night Guy attack, for some reason it's not here???? Why?

reaUnite My Rice said:
By this logic anybody > 8 gates guy should have it, despite Guy being the only person to have it.
really thats bad reasoning lol and Guy is the only one to use the 8th gates and the only one in the verse it applys too.

Unite My Rice said:
Nobody else in the series is as skilled in Taijutsu as Might Guy. And nobody else has demonstrated it either.

Unite My Rice said:

That makes no sense...It was never said to be something anyone can do.

Still worthless combat wise.

I am fine with Limited Spatial Manipulation to be added.

Plus, it didnt even kill Madara and it can only be used once considering afterward it incinerated his body.

Madara said Guy was the best user of taijutsu (hand to hand combat) that he ever saw. The statement immediately before Madara was stating Guy was bending space was "Fast!", which in the given context means Guy was so fast and powerful that he was bending space. He also made note of Guy's chakra.

Databook translation:

"Maito Guy utilizes the taijutsu move,inherited from his father - "the 8 celestial gates". To unravel the final dragon mystery you have to open the last "death gate" and sacrifice your life (poetic,inst it?TN). From the red stream emission (Guy's blood and chakra. TN), in a form of a red burning chakra the great dragon rises, flying out of the ribcage, absolutely unprecedented kick that hits the opponent and beats (turns) him into nothing. Its power is off limits, overturns the knowledge of anything that taijutsu is capable off, it twists and bends the sky (space) itself on contact, even right side of the body of the strongest ninja Madara was completely destroyed."

Given the context, it states that the power, speed and chakra of Guy is what allows him to bend space. Base sosp Naruto had better speed feats against the same Madara, let alone fighting a fully juiced Madara in his chakra form, and they weren't bending space left and right. Madara also states Guy has unparalleled taijutsu which puts him above Hashirama, who has no noteable special taijutsu techniques, meaning Madara is talking about the power behind his strikes, but he's far below the god-tiers of the verse who never bent space.

Either way it doesn't do anything combat wise.

"and can stop a foe from block or attacking as seen when madara tried to prepare for the attack with his TSB staf"

False, Madara already had his staff raised, but Guy kicked the life out of him regardless.

Sca

As far as the god tiers go, Kaguya has space-time hax anyway so her bending space at all doesnt invalidate this. Besides, even if others don't cause space-bending feats by what you said, that doesnt mean Guy himself can't have it.

Thats like saying no one in DB is getting portal creation, not even Buu or Gotenks who did the feat themselves, because the likes of Goku, Beerus and whatnot aren't space-bending on a daily basis either.

I agree with this only being an ability for Guy, but thats it.

I mean tbh, portal creation in DB should be revised. Piccolo was shocked that Anilaza could do it, and that reaction alone debunks the entire reason for why 99% of the DB verse has it.

I believe Guy should have it listed on his profile as a side-effect, but not an actual power. Like I proved, he only bent space through sheer power, which no other god-tier stronger than him has done, making it a very big inconsistency.

Well if DB's portal hax gets revisied to be fair, then I dont think i'll have issues with Naruto not getting it either.

I can agree with Guy having it as side effects and not a separate power.

obviously it did do something combat wise in the middle of battle while Guy was fighting Madara and no matter how you try to say it doesnt apply combat wise it literally did and we literally saw it did while Guy rused to Madara and warped madara staff while he was trying counter. Your trying to make this apply to someone else who has literrally never shown the ability to bend space and lacking the 8th gate. Also that databook entry's contest sounds like its saying you have to be a master at taijutsu and 8th gate user to use that attack and that is why Madara made the statement about guy being unparalleled in taijutsu which proves no one in that arc should even be able to replicate the feat no matter how you look at it

"obviously it did do something combat wise in the middle of battle while Guy was fighting Madara and no matter how you try to say it doesnt apply combat wise it literally did and we literally saw it did while Guy rused to Madara and warped madara staff while he was trying counter."

Bending space as the side effect of an attack =/= actually manipulating the fabric of space to harm or otherwise interact with an opponent.

"Your trying to make this apply to someone else who has literrally never shown the ability to bend space and lacking the 8th gate"

Except the issue at hand has been clearly stated to be the result speed and power, neither of which you need the 8 gates for, and far stronger taijutsu users than Guy haven't been shown bending space.

"Also that databook entry's contest sounds like its saying you have to be a master at taijutsu and 8th gate user to use that attack and that is why Madara made the statement about guy being unparalleled in taijutsu which proves no one in that arc should even be able to replicate the feat no matter how you look at it"

Night Guy is a simple kick attack, with the gates amplifying his strength/speed/chakra tens of times. You have to be a taijutsu master to achieve all eight gates, but bending space requires outstanding physicals.

i agree its a side effect of the kick im not saying he should be able to freely use it im just saying it should be noted that the attack can bend space to a limited degree around its target

Hold up, wasn't the space bending because of how fast N.Guy's attacks were? I mean all it seems is to be a side effect from how powerful his attacks is.

[[When Guy initiates the technique by saying "amass" (þ®ì, seki), he emits an enormous amount of red steam, the so-called "Steam of Blood" (ÞíÇÒü«ÞÆ©µ░ù, Chi no Jōki), and his chakra manifests into a red burning dragon around his body. Shouting "flow" (µÁü, ryü), he then dashes forward at such an extreme speed that the space within the immediate vicinity of the technique is distorted, making it impossible for the target to defend against it. Guy then deals an immensely powerful kick which carries such force that it is capable of obliterating the target's body, as well as creating a devastating shock wave linear to the kick.]]

I'd give him "Limited Spatial Manipulation with Night Guy". This isn't like Dragon Ball with the "X can this, Y is stronger so he can do the same thing as X" logic. Guy is simply the strongest Taijutsu User, even Madara appointed it, and this is the strongest Taijutsu Technique.

Lol at trying to equate night guy bending space to Gotenks portal creation that anyone as strong as him can do as a justification for everyone who scales to Guy to have spatial manipulation, which was stated that anyone as strong as Gotenks can do it if I'm correct, Might Guy is the only person capable of doing that in the whole Narutoverse, this implies he is physically the strongest and the only one trained enough to perform the feat.

"That's not how it works v.v"

Then can you explain to us how it works?DB characters have spatial manipulation scaling from Gotenks and Buu,because they performed that feat with only sheer power.And here we have Guy who distored space by pure speed,logically everyone superior to him should scale like in DB.So,how it works?

I am against it myself cause no one performed that other than Guy,only Guy should have limited Spacial manipulation via Night Guy.

The only person did that feat is Guy and with 8-gates, it's probably connected with Night Guy. Other characters whose faster and stronger than him can't do that feat. I'm against it.

Outlier feat.

If this was the case most Espada, Captains and Sternritters would have spatial manipulation because Grimjow and Ichigo pulled that shit off long ago.

Unholy Bindings said:
Outlier feat.
If this was the case most Espada, Captains and Sternritters would have spatial manipulation because Grimjow and Ichigo pulled that shit off long ago.
I see no issue with that last one tbh and it isnt a debunk of this being added.

It isnt an outlier, but it also isnt combat applicable.

@KinkiestSins

It is an Outlier, the flashy movement was showing off how ripped he got. Sasuke even blitzed him later on without bending space whatsoever.

Might guy does not have spatial manipulation, or limited spatial manip or whatever. He bent space due to the force of his attacks not because he had any sort of control over it. If anything it should just add to the testament of how strong/fast his attacks were.

Kadmus Prime said:
Might guy does not have spatial manipulation, or limited spatial manip or whatever. He bent space due to the force of his attacks not because he had any sort of control over it. If anything it should just add to the testament of how strong/fast his attacks were.
Which is limited spatial manipulation. It does not matter how you did it if you did it. He bent space, that is clear and all that matters.

Frantzy12 said:
If Guy gets it then Grimmjow should get it too since he distorted space lol.
I mean maybe Grimmjow should but as far as I know it was more like interference of the artificial sky that Aizen created rather than actual space bending. If they did it in the real world then I would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back