• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Apologies for anyone sick of seeing Naruto threads, but I think there has been a major issue in the scaling for the God Tiers of Naruto that I haven't seen a satisfactory answer for.

Several important calcs of the verse are dependant on this currently accepted size scaling for the Shinju which is currently estimated to be 583.125 kilometers tall and 77.75 kilometers across at its base.

There are a few reasons why this kind of size would be dubious but the most important one is this; at its foundation the calc assumes the height of Gamikichi to be 100 meters tall and bases all of the scaling on that.

The official 4th Naruto databook states that Gamikichi's height is actually 16.9 meters tall, but even if that figure is too hard to believe there are numerous panels in the arc showing that Gamikichi is consistently way, way smaller than 100 meters tall. Even the Shinju Size calc admits that his height is usually a lot less than 100 m tall.

Calcs affected by this are:

The real cal howard said:
Fully agree to this one. No ifs ands or buts about it.
When did you became one of the HST crew, m8? U should run before it's too l8.

Also, I agree with OP, I guess.

M3X said:
Have you finished your calculation about Shinju?
I've considered a couple of different methods and I'm currently stuck on which one to go for. I may try multiple versions and see what the calc group members think.

The point of this thread though is to address the flaws of the current calc; do you agree that it is flawed?

@Damage

Of course I agree, even calcing the height you will never get 100m. Another issue that I have with the calc is the innumerous scans being used

Any calc that has to pixel scale across 7 different panels of different chapters would never be accurate. It depends on an artist to actually remain 100% consistent and someone like Kishimoto is not that as seen as in the fact that Gamikichi and Gamabunta vary in size in pretty much all times they appear and even different from their databook mentioned size. Further proof is Kurama, he is almost never the same size in any panel.

As someone who is prone to mangaka with inconsistent art, I then lean towards statements if those are consistent, but the latter is practically rare in Naruto.

One only need to see the mountains around there, and no mountain on Narutoverse is more than 3 km.

And ofc Gamakichi is not 100 m. He, at the end of manga, is like his father Gamabunta in size.

Gamakichi

Gamabunta

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
You can't really do this for Naruto, without pixelscaling you fall back om statements and Naruto doesn't have much of that or actually has inconsistent statements as well.
It was not a serious comment. We can't ban pixelscaling like that

The largest issue I have with the Shinju tree is that it is entirely inconsistent.

In every single view the Shinju is shown it is shown it is of a different size. If you were to calc every panel with the Shinju in it you would get a different size.

If you use the clouds, the Biju, Sasuke's Susano'o, from Gaara's "few kilometers" statement about distance from roots, the crater made beforehand that they are in.

It's always getting revised because anyone can use a different panel and get a new result. As there is no consistent statement or databook entry on it's size, it's perhaps best to calc every view of the Shinju and find an average.

@Damage3245, knowing you for a few years, I'd imagine you entirely agree.

I do think that an average size estimate would probably give the best result in the end.

I agree with the average result, but let's use all methods we can first.

@IMade, can you link me Gaara's statement?

M3X said:
I agree with the average result, but let's use all methods we can first.

@IMade, can you link me Gaara's statement?
I'm on mobile in my college library, I can't. However, Gaara says it after Naruto had Kurama taken out of him by Madara and when he was transporting Sakura and Naruto to Minato.

It must be chapters 645-655 then.

He's talking about the distance they have to travel to reach Minato.

A. Ok, I will read this chapter for more context and maybe find somethinf to calc the sizes

If you assume that Gaara is on the opposite side of the Shinu from Minato, the furthest possible distance and thus reasonable distance, it would mean the Shinju's base diameter would be "several kilomters".

Thus you can get the height using the base diameter and the aerial where the entire Shinju height is shown.

I'm a bit surprised at how many calcs for this verse rely on somewhat questionable context or rationale; at the very least, I'm glad people are pointing out issues so they can be rectified and Naruto can be repped with as much accuracy as possible.

Fully agreed on this calc needing re-visited or removed, but for the four you link in your OP, damage:

Are you going to re-calc them all utilizing the official databook height(s) where necessary to scale properly? Since this calc seems to be rather important, simply curious on how we should move forward from here.

@Xulrev; well, once we have a properly calced and evaluated size for the Shinju, it should be possible to re-calc the affected calcs in the OP.

We are currently using this calc for the god tree roots, the 2.33609E+33 J Planet result, not the one made by Kepekley23.

BMWFanboy doesn't use Gallavant's calc, but he use one made by Adam of darkness, where the result of the tree is 569 km of height, which relies in the 107614.7 meters for the crater that also have been recalculated. So it's kind the same problem.

That being said, if an average calc of the tree is made because of all the inconsitent draws, then I fully agree with this.

Just a quick update; I am currently making the blog post for an updated size scaling for the Shinju using multiple different methods.

Back