• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto/Boruto General Dattebayo Discussion thread #39 (2019 EDITION BOI)

I honestly don't think this is applicable. Mainly because this is Naruto in his subconscious doing this, not in the real world. Bleach and other series involving souls have characters who aren't necessarily souls interacting with them. Naruto in his mind is just as much non physical as Minato.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
so we are gonna let go of the fact that minato showed himself willingly, and probably made himself physical willingly as well? lol great.
wtf does that mean, minato literally was in his mindscape his mindscpae is not a physical place in the first place. Naruto did not literally use his own physical body to punch Minato which is the entire point.

The fact that you said it's a fact and used probably in the same sentence doesn't make any sense at all. Your acting like you know for damn sure what Minato did. If I remember correctly a soul can only be touched when it wants to be touched. Pretty sure Minato didn't want Naruto to punch him in the gut

Hst master said:
I honestly don't think this is applicable. Mainly because this is Naruto in his subconscious doing this, not in the real world. Bleach and other series involving souls have characters who aren't necessarily souls interacting with them. Naruto in his mind is just as much non physical as Minato.
which is the entire point of it being limited. Only works when someone tries to invade Naruto's soul.(Ignoring that Naruto has touched him own soul before)

It wouldn't even be that. There's nothing to come from this, Minato wasn't acting hostile in the least. He could have resistance to possession coming from Kurama however.

Hst master said:
It wouldn't even be that. There's nothing to come from this, Minato wasn't acting hostile in the least. He could have resistance to possession coming from Kurama however.
The point is that he could fight Minato, it does not matter that Minato was not being hostile he could still punch minato himself and has fought Kurama in his body before.

@HST you seeemed to mistaken. Naruto when in his inner world should be able to use limited soul manipulation against foreign souls and other users who would try to take over his soul because they would have to go through his inner world

I'm not saying Naruto outside of his inner world has soul manipulation at all. Only in his inner world

AstralKing7 said:
@HST you seeemed to mistaken. Naruto when in his inner world should be able to use limited soul manipulation against foreign souls and other users who would try to take over his soul because they would have to go through his inner world I'm not saying Naruto outside of his inner world has soul manipulation at all. Only in his inner world
This is literally resistance to possession. And if anything Minato has nothing to do with it. It would be Kurama and his attempts to possess him. And it would be for Kage Summit Naruto and up due to the fact that before that, Naruto would need external help to surpress Kurama.

@Omimi

Thread seems pretty damn quiet, far more than i expected it to.

Anyways il give my opinion when i force myself into doing it

haha, I plan on trying at some point too. But I just finished my january exams and it seems I am pepertually tired.

AstralKing7 said:
The fact that you said it's a fact and used probably in the same sentence doesn't make any sense at all. Your acting like you know for damn sure what Minato did. If I remember correctly a soul can only be touched when it wants to be touched. Pretty sure Minato didn't want Naruto to punch him in the gut
he made himself appear there, and he even toiched naruto's shoulder

@HST I'm talking about him touching Minato dude lol I'm not talking about anything else but the fact hat he punched minatos soul. I'm not talking about any resistances or stuff like that

AstralKing7 said:
@HST I'm talking about him touching Minato dude lol I'm not talking about anything else but the fact hat he punched minatos soul. I'm not talking about any resistances or stuff like that
And I'm not saying that would be resistance to possession. I'm saying that he should have resistance from his jinchuriki training. The Minato stuff wouldn't be applicable as anything, since besides punching him in the stomach nothing happens. Being able to "fend off people who attempt to take you over" is possession. Same thing Orochimaru attempted on Sasuke. And like I said before Naruto would have it coming from his Jinchuriki training against Kurama in which if Kurama beat him he'd take over his body.

And I'm not saying that would be resistance to possession. I'm saying that he should have resistance from his jinchuriki training. The Minato stuff wouldn't be applicable as anything, since besides punching him in the stomach nothing happens. Being able to "fend off people who attempt to take you over" is possession. Same thing Orochimaru attempted on Sasuke. And like I said before Naruto would have it coming from his Jinchuriki training against Kurama in which if Kurama beat him he'd take over his body.

I'm saying it apples to people who try to take over his soul as well because Naruto can just punch them in his inner world like he did Minato who was a soul. It's simple bruh u making this hard

1 last thing, this is actually a low end because the lake looks much much deeper than 200m and the lake is likely much larger than 24 km in radius.

I'm not making it hard I'm saying you're describing possession. What you're describing has nothing to do with Soul Manipulation other than Minato manifested himself and Subconscious Naruto gut checked him which isn't enough to put it as even Limited Soul Manipulation. Minato is all in all irrelevant to what I'm saying.

AstralKing7 said:
Guys I just realized Naruto should have a form of soul manipulation
naruto could have soul manipulation cuz he pull his own soul(half) into his body

if he did not had soul manipulation then he should not able to put it back (in my opinion)

1.he has resistance soul manipulation cuz he could fought even after half of his soul was rip out(accepted)

2.he has non-physical interaction/soul manipulation cuz cen touch/ pull his own soul(half) into his body(rejected )

but for some reason (2) discarded cuz many thought it was just resistance to soul manipulation

resistance to soul manipulation dose not give user ability to touch soul

Hst master said:
I'm not making it hard I'm saying you're describing possession. What you're describing has nothing to do with Soul Manipulation other than Minato manifested himself and Subconscious Naruto gut checked him which isn't enough to put it as even Limited Soul Manipulation. Minato is all in all irrelevant to what I'm saying.

So your telling me someone punching or harming a soul isn't a form of soul manipulation cause if you are you might as well stop it

Shit just realized a mistake with my calc, I am lucky it does not change the tier much but the High end is not High 7-A anymore. Dont do calcs when falling asleep guys. Edit: fixed calc.

Oh gosh....if that's except then that would mean Base Naruto would have to have a Likely 6C

EDIT: I keep forgetting that High 7A exist....

Actually, it is prep for Pushing the lake apart. Konan could only do so because she stockpiled that many paper bombs. Unless you have proof she could do so without them, then it's prep.

Also, I agree with HST Master. It's not Soul Manipulation or Even "Limited" Soul Manipulation, it's not even Minato's soul inside Naruto first of all. This might also be a proof of Naruto's strength.

TheFinalOrder said:
Actually, it is prep for Pushing the lake apart. Konan could only do so because she stockpiled that many paper bombs. Unless you have proof she could do so without them, then it's prep.
No, it is not the pushing apart happened in the moment, it was something she did at that very second. The paper bombs themselves are prep. But she had to use her chakra at that moment to push the lake apart. The paper bombs literally had nothing to do with pushing the lake apart and even if they did she still had to use her chakra at that moment to do so.

Yeah the act of splitting the sea can't actually be considered prep time because it happens on screen, as well as the fact that is simply doesn't meet the meaning of preparation because she was simply moving something.

Guys the Mitsuki arc has been legitimately lit. Gotta say Sarada is way way way more better at urging her Sharingan then kid Sasuke. She can put herself in genjutsu like Itachi to over write body manipulation and control.

The fabrications as well have very deep writing. It's sad how someone as experienced as Ohnoki couldn't understand their needs and yearning for human acceptance.

Huh, apparently, Konan has Water Chakra Nature also according to the 4th DB. Well I guess the act of Splitting the river can be considered an application of Water Style. Thinking about it, it makes no sense for Paper to be able to split a river.

Back