• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai Major Downgrade

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Hi.

As discussed here, we can't allow a scaling chain or "being far superior to baseline" to make a character jumping a Tier or get the + signal. Nanatsu has this

Note:

We are giving them both + signal and the Tier jump without some concrete calc for that Tier, and that's the reasoning of the thread I linked. So, with that, the verse can be downgrade back to the Tier the calcs gives them

The tier jumping might need a site-broad discussion so let's put that on limbo for now.

The + topic is something that has to be treated with.

Multipliers are accepted.

The + comes from a fusion between two 443GT characters, and I don't remember a statement about the power of both of them being multiplied by 2 with the fusion

That's indeed a problem. If there's no evidence that the fusion (OG Demon I guess) has the power of the fusion materials stacked up then it shouldn't have it.

You're not allowed to jump tiers via scaling chain from what I've been told in the past. As an example it's one of the reasons for the infinite 7-A scaling in Bleach.

Bleach is only stuck at 7-A because nobody ever bothered checking how close they are to the next tier and that was before scaling chain jumping was accepted. Seriously most of the Bleach Profile have been the same since like 2017. Tier jumping via scaling has been approved months ago as long as they are really close to the next tier. Giving a + sign due to being close to it on the other hand however wasn't approved as that's the whole reason why Assault Mode Meliodas no longer has the + sign despite stomping Near-Noon Escanor who easily tanked a 443.6 Gigaton attack while being severely injured twice.

@Sigurd, You can jump tiers via scaling, but the original feat usually has to be very close to the next tier's baseline

That is incorrect, I've been told by staff you can only get "higher" based off scaling chains alone. You need something like a multiplier to hit the next tier.

Edit - @Andy Oh? I was told otherwise lol.

Also what are you guys talking about? The Original Demon is literally over 887.2 Gigatons because at bare minimum he has the combined powers of True Form Chandler and Cusack both of whom are far stronger than Post-Revival Assault Mode Meliodas who stomped Near-Noon Escanor whose durability is causally over 443.6 Gigatons. This is basically fusion logic 101 fusions should at least have the combined powers of its fuses. At least over 443.6 Giagtons + At least over 443.6 Gigatons = At least over 887.2 Gigatons

Even being 5.4% stronger than Ruin would make anyone Small City level, and Dogedo's physical strength alone far eclipses his entire power level.

Gray Demon Hendrickson is explicitly stated to be his own power + a Gray Demon. He more than meets the requirements for baseline. Also, it took the combination of dozens of Kings attacks, plus Diane's many hits with Gideon, to take him down.

Meliodas tanked Escanor's (who had a pl of 114,000, compared to Tarmiel's ~88,000) full countered (something that doubles its power) Cruel Sun after it was reflected back by Merlin's perfect cube.

I'll talk about the OG demon later.

Back