• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

downgrade of purgatory infinite size (Nanatsu no taizai)

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all I apologize if what I am going to say here has already been discussed / addressed, according to my research this has not been the case but perhaps I did not research enough.

That being said I will address the main subject of this thread: the size of purgatory in nnt. From what I have seen on the forums it is more or less considered by the community (all this according to what I have seen, I apologize once again if this is not the case) that purgatory is infinite in size according to this scan. firstly the statement of infinite purgatory appears neither in the Japanese scans or in the paper version. To explain this difference I will look at the raw scan which comes from this site,which uses leaks from the weekly shonen magazine (number 28 2018 edition here), looking at the registrations on the panel we can see this :

にち きんはつばい げんてい 第32巻6月15日(金)発売!!」 限定版は描き下ろしイラストの アクリルキーホルダー2種付き!!
「しんそうばん こんごうばんちょう 「新装版「金時番長」1・2巻 最新32巻と同時発売!! はつばい
Nichijin Hatsubai Gentei Volume 32 goes on sale Friday, June 15! The limited edition comes with two types of acrylic keychains with new illustrations!
Shinso-ban Kongo-bancho [New Editions of Kintoki-bancho, Vol. 1 and 2, released at the same time as the last Vol. 32! Hatsubai

as we can see these inscriptions inform of the release of certain manga on a certain dates, they therefore logically do not come from the author but from the magazine itself, it is extendable to the inscription of purgatory because in addition to their ads / messages for those who read their newspapers magazines often make some sort of "comments" on the chapter and its leaks. In addition to the fact that we can see manga covers on the panel, something not present in the manga which backs up the addition of inscriptions compared to the original.

I will present an example of this : in the shonen jump (shonen release magazine) on chapter 1086 of one piece we have this :

各地で巻き起こる大事件!!未来島編大好評御礼!!"Big incidents are happening everywhere!! Thanks for the great popularity of the Miraijima edition !!"

here we have the same pattern that the 7ds panel will follow, a message which comments on the chapter and a message for people reading the jump which once again would not come from the author (I know that this is not very revealing in the case of 7ds but it helps to illustrate that the addition of sentences on the covers are common things in publication magazines, consult these links for more examples of this.).

this therefore explains why we have 2 "different versions", the gray one will be the original, and the yellow one simply that of the magazine with added statements not present in the work since if it had been from the author, the statement would have been present in the paper version and in the raw. Which makes this statement unusable because it does not come from the author directly.

Last edited:
The way this is argued in is kinda incomprehensible. Are you trying to say that it's not present within the japanese scans at all? Because here in top right it still refers to it as an endless world
Or are you saying that it doesn't come from the author and because of that it isn't valid (I'm pretty sure editor statements and the such are valid as well because they have insight and influence over the creation and story of the manga)

The way this is argued in is kinda incomprehensible. Are you trying to say that it's not present within the japanese scans at all? Because here in top right it still refers to it as an endless world

Or are you saying that it doesn't come from the author and because of that it isn't valid (I'm pretty sure editor statements and the such are valid as well because they have insight and influence over the creation and story of the manga)
Sorry if its incomprehensible (i used a traductor for most of the thread) and yes i say that it doesnt Come from the author so the statement is not valid

IIRC, we don't use editors notes.

FURTHERMORE, this is not in the official volume release, which is the most complete version. It's also not in the digital chapter release.

(I'm pretty sure editor statements and the such are valid as well because they have insight and influence over the creation and story of the manga)
Generally on the wiki we don't use editor's notes, at most as something to support something that already contains arguments, and not as the main thing.

Anyway, I agree with the crt.

Editor's note + not being in the volume release smells like something unusable/non-canonical to me.

Unless there is another source for the infinite size of purgatory, and this is only being used as support.

IIRC, we don't use editors notes.
We do especially when Nakaba include these ads in his side notes
FURTHERMORE, this is not in the official volume release, which is the most complete version. It's also not in the digital chapter release.
The official volume doesn’t include the Q&A’s like the scan version.

Though they are still author statements and are 100% canon and useable.

Nakaba is the one that give Kodansha the news about his manga, they have authority over WSM.

All the informations that can be seen in the WSM comes from the authors in the first place, that’s why WSM panels like the « Jiren > Inf Zamasu » one were used despite not being included in the manga or anime.

Edit: he confirmed that he is involved in the making of the ads btw

Confirmed that he is involved in the Jump festa too

Last edited:

I disagree FRA

ok, but it being an author statement is what makes it useful. IDK if we'd still use this removed editor note.
ALL these editor’s notes are removed in the final version (mainly because it’s ugly af) just like the Q&A format from the scans and the side notes they still come from Nakaba and are used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back