• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai General Discussion Thread 28

I would say the recycle of the DK is way worse than "Because she's Erza"

The Erza thing was just supposed to be a joke made by Happy and was part of a fight that wasn't really that crucial to the main story, it was a side villain and didn't have that much importance

As for the Demon King, he's the main final villain and is of great importance, yet he gets treated as a joke the entire time he was on screen, Hendrickson was a much better take on an unstoppable villain that needed everyone working together to be taken out

You can't really compare the two scenarios, one was a side villain played for laughs, the other was supposed to be serious and was the main villain

I would say Nanatsu no Taizai is overall better than Fairy Tail, but I agree the Demon King arc had such a horrible quality that it made the Alvarez Empire arc look good. Anyways, Black Clover beats both :p

Tbh I think what pulls NNT up for me is Ban and Escanor just being so great. But yeah, poor old man just wanted his son to take up the family business.

Now THAT I can get behind

Honestly, i find Black Clover ok but nothing that great. I enjoyed FT or NNT more (and other shonens like DGM, Magi or Bleach).

NNT was overall good but it started to lower its quality after the defense of Liones, but still nothing that major, the problem is that chapters 300+ are trash. At least it seems Kimetsu will have a good ending and i have faith in One Piece.

I don't read Kimetsu but i see people saying it's final arc is worse than NNT and Muzan is more disappointing than the DK, which is saying a lot.

Honestly... I don't feel that way? At the same time I am trying to be lenient to it. Where are you getting those type of comments?

Ah Gou said:
I don't read Kimetsu but i see people saying it's final arc is worse than NNT and Muzan is more disappointing than the DK, which is saying a lot.
Not at all lol, those people dont know shit if they really say that. Muzan is actually been a menace, unlike the Jobber King.

Dunno, and apparently lots of asspulls and bs moments. Having watched the anime i would say it's very likely they're right.

Siegfried10 said:
Ah Gou said:
Not at all lol, those people dont know shit if they really say that. Muzan is actually been a menace, unlike the Jobber King.
it dosent matter when they are both shit tier villains also dont forget muzan was buffed at the beggining of the battle(i think so this may not be true) while other demon slayers where injured and exhausted from fighting other upper moons and muzan still didnt manage to kill 1 of them besides fodder demon slayers

it dosent matter when they are both shit tier villains also dont forget muzan was buffed at the beggining of the battle(i think so this may not be true) while other demon slayers where injured and exhausted from fighting other upper moons and muzan still didnt manage to kill 1 of them besides fodder demon slayers

Hey, no spoilers about Kimetsu here, not everyone reads the manga xd. Just gonna say Muzan wasnt buffed, anything else could be a spoiler. The battle is still on going, so no one is safe yet.

Ah Gou said:
Dunno, and apparently lots of asspulls and bs moments. Having watched the anime i would say it's very likely they're right.
Again, not really. Cant say much without spoiling you, but kimetsu's last arc is actually good unlike NNT's trash final arc. And i say this as someone who really liked NNT before chapter 300.

People can have different opinions but you need really bad taste to prefer Nanantsu's final arc.

Still dont agree, Meliodas's side of the battle was trash. Thats when NNT's downhill started.

You cant compare a battle with actual stakes to the DK's fights, where the final boss was humilliated...

Hmm, I like both final arcs myself. Though I will say I'm liking Demon Slayer's more because if there is one thing I love its a grueling battle of attrition where every second is important and the only light in the tunnel is so close but oh so far away.

NNT had the hype for me and the heart, but Demon Slayer has the mood and stakes for me.

2 of them iirc their gonna do a final revision for tiers and im doing one for speed if m3x doesnt do it by end of series
Lightspeed Ludo?

No, read the summary tho. Nothing impressive is happening, and i mean NOTHING. Sins depart,King and Diane are getting married, hawk wants to go to purgatory, gowther holds a book and finally knows what he's supposed to do (this is a setup for something) and Mel and Liz want to travel.

Never read Kimetsu no Yaiba myself, but I've heard its last arc has been realy good, so I'll go by that.

Also, I'm glad of hearing that summary, it sounds like something we should have gotten all the way back to when chapters started being titled "epilogue".

@Ionliosite It's pacing tends to be faster then you think, though that might just be because I binged the whole series up to its current place but I think its one of the most solid modern shonen's we got running at the moment.

Nanatsu no Taizai is literally 200 chapters shorter than Fairy Tail, which is the shortest of the series you're comparing as equals. So, no, Nanatsu is totally not on the same level as FT/Naruto/Bleach/One Piece.

Nanatsu no Taizai doesn't follow the standard formula for Shonen

Most shonen have a bunch of arcs that are somehwhat of a self contained story, each arc has a main villain of the arc that gets defeated by the end of it

Nanatsu no Taizai just has a bunch of random team fights and it is pretty much one story where villains come and go as they feel

Nanatsu still has more than 300 chapters. Im not saying NNT is like those others shonen, im saying that Kimetsu doesnt need to be that long. Even 350 (which is the around the number of chapters NNT will end with) is too long for Kimetsu.

Eh, I think it would've been nice if we spent more time with other Demon Slayers to be honest. Demon Slayer has such a hyper focus on its main plot and that's nice, but it also makes the world feel smaller then it needs to. Like, why do so many demon slayers not seem to know breathing arts? What's up with the ability to eat demons and then use that to combat them? How they hell was that discovered? Why do the birds speak? The world has so many mysteries that while not key for the story to progress would really help fill out the lore and world more.

KNY (only watched anime) is mid af so don't expect it to be on the level of AoT, Vinland, Magi, the GOAT mangas.

Ah Gou said:
KNY (only watched anime) is mid af so don't expect it to be on the level of AoT, Vinland, Magi, the GOAT mangas.
Never seen anything of Vinland and Magi, but the fact you included SnK on the same level as them tells me they must be really bad.

Back