• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai General Discussion Thread 28

Err early AOT might be bad in a sense that it's simple back. But AOT right now? It's probably bad to those who didn't like the genre shift which is understandable but I personally like where it's going. Magi might not be for everyone but I definitely love all of those three, even with the minimal exposure I have with Vinland and the hype around it.

@Ionliosite

Attack on Titan's plot is literally godlike right now and up there as one of the best written manga of our generation, I assume you're only going off of Season 1 plot for the story if you think the series is bad

Also how do you not know about Vinland Saga, it's soooooo good

To say of the generation is a bit big... But it is really good right now imo. But yeah S1 was the weaker one. Do we have an AOT discussion page here? I think we do but I lost it.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Attack on Titan's plot is literally godlike right now and up there as one of the best written manga of our generation, I assume you're only going off of Season 1 plot for the story if you think the series is bad
I haven't even watched the anime, so I'm not on season since I have no idea where that point is. I don't remember the exact number I dropped the series, which is why my MAL page says I dropped it at Chap 60, so it'll be around then. And saying Shingeki no Kyojin is the best manga of our generation just makes me laugh at how idiotic that claim is, I could let pass your claim that the Alvarez arc was good, but this? This is just too much.

@Ioni

To explain- something in the series at midpoint caused a genre change that was a big **** you to the first half of the manga. Not gonna spoil but there's a legitimate reason why some people love it.

It is however I agree, overrated back then.

Not faulting you for not loving the series though since Eren is an unlikeable character back then

Spoil me on my wall then, because if somehow after over 60 chapters a monthly series isn't good, I refuse to belive it'll become good later on.

NNT is ending in 2 chapters and there's nothing to discuss so i think it's fine. Here's the chapter https://m.imgur.com/a/VzlMMRg

AoT is definitely one of the best mangas of the decade, you reading 60 chapters of it is not enough to criticize it. You can only criticize those 60 chapters and AoT becomes a masterpiece later in the series. So your opinion doesn't matter at all right now.

So Meliodas and Elizabeth get to be King and Queen?

Da Fuq, Veronica and Magaret are older and the legitimate blood daughters of the king, why on earth does Elizabeth get the throne

This is just silly

So from what it looks like:

Mel and Eliz will rule the kingdom

King and Diane will rule the fairy king forest

Ban will either stay with King and Diane or go travelling with Elaine

Merlin is fulfilling her role as Arthur's mentor in Camelot

I honestly forgot Gowther existed

And Escanor is dead...

Seems like a "satisfying ending" to me lol!.

Ah Gou said:
you reading 60 chapters of it is not enough to criticize it
Reading 60 chapters of a monthly series isn't enough to criticize it? There are entire series much shorter than that, and given the monthly status of the series, it would have taken 5 years to post 60 chapters. So if I can't criticize a series after reading 5 years worth of its content?!

Yes because as i said, AoT gets the GOAT status later on in the manga. Something which you haven't read yet. Attack on Titan has 120 chapters and reading half of it is not enough to criticize the entire series, you can only criticize the 60 chapters YOU read.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Ionliosite

I wouldnt go as far as to say its godlike, but to each their own.

@PaChi2

I don't know man, finding out the reveal that Chapter 1 was hinting a huge plot twist several years in the making since the beginning of the story is pretty godlike

Also Eren is like Light Yagami 2, bold claim I know, but he got so much better after the timeskip

Ah Gou said:
AoT is definitely one of the best mangas of the decade, you reading 60 chapters of it is not enough to criticize it. You can only criticize those 60 chapters and AoT becomes a masterpiece later in the series. So your opinion doesn't matter at all right now.
His opinion matters as the only thing he is contesting is that SnK isnt the best manga of our generation, which means that you cant only focus on the good stuff that comes later on but must consider the series as a whole, man. SnK's second half may be top, but you must take into account the first half too. Dont go around censoring people, btw.

Having said that, I dont care. I read all of SnK.

We quite literally have an entire chapter dedicated to her, especially since she's just the original form of Hawks mom. It would just be a key division between Mother of Chaos, and Hawk's mom as it needs to be.

saying shes baseless is literally saying they never explained anything when they did . just drop her dura,speed,dc as unknown , AP as planet and logically give her all powers of her children? then arthur and cath gets a chaos key and its done

Duedate8898 said:
If a story can't maintain your interest until its at its best, then you can say that's a flaw. Doesn't matter how good it gets if it can't keep you around before it gets good.
That's subjective, AoT was interesting and good since the beginning since it had a unique story and world building.

I wanted to make the arguments during the final revison (saw some posts saying there will be a revision once it ends) but Chaos creating the planet is not a reach, only thing missing is a timeframe.

You're right it is subjective, just as what you said is also subjective. Doesn't change the fact it can be considered a flaw, just means that not everyone views it as one.

Chaos created the Demon King and Supreme Deity. It upscales from them at the very least. Creating the planet is also another thing to consider.

If you look at how a manga is objectively amazing (no plot holes, godlike foreshadowing, great MC, developed cast, suspense in the story) then AoT is indeed amazing since it checks off all those.

The only one of those things that can be considered remotely objective is that of no plot holes. All the rest are subjective opinions that you have about the series.

No that's just what makes a manga good and how you can rate it objectively. It's subjective if you don't want a developed cast, suspense, foreshadowing but like a great MC, no plot holes, etc.

i agree im fine with possibly planet also but via scans chaos was in space with NOTHING but stars so him/her creating earth isnt a big deal . the only issue is the children possibly scaling which will cause a shit storm

Ah Gou said:
If you look at how a manga is objectively amazing (no plot holes, godlike foreshadowing, great MC, developed cast, suspense in the story) then AoT is indeed amazing since it checks off all those.
The moment you stated "great MC", "godlike foreshadowing", "developed cast", you entered the realm of subjetivity because there is no way in hell that you can have an objective "great MC".

Back