• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai General Discussion Thread 28

theres that also , this is how i put it NNT demonic darkness is possibly not magic imo its a demon trait for their race
-Possibly debunk- The only time it counts as dark magic is when using a skill with it, things like wings,body armor, swords dont count . its been called "dark/negative magic" by gaaland and king so im a tad confused
-0- King now calls it a lump of shadow :/ is this inconsistency? same with jenna she also calls it a shadow.. so now their no calling calling it magic seems like a retcon and now galand is calling it "demon power" i think its confirm retcon not surprised seeing how nabaka writes things
-1- The seal they got released from steals their magic and makes it zero and as you can see grayroad and mera are still using it..and they all started flying after zeldris said they got no magic
-2- Galland magic power was stated to be zero and monspeet stated he used up all his magic after firing a hellbird
3- Now we have chandler using darkness right out of the seal his magic power should be zero? if it was magic he wouldnt have been able right?

then we have the fact that commandments are curses and not magic and SD gave merlin the ability to nullify all and any dark curse and commandment

When did Galand refer to it as magic? Can't exactly remember anything about the manga but in the anime he simply called it Yami no Chikara (Power of Darkness)

Chandler had mis magic power when he got out of the seal, he was spamming magic attacks against the Sins.

Regarding Cath, we all know he is gonna get stomped by the Sins.

cath regenerating after his head got cut to pieces proves that he has High-Mid regen because of him coming back from being stomped by arthur although it seems cath has greater control of his regen here and didn't use it the first time because he was new to this kind of power BTW what do we call the key for cath with chaos powers?

Translation is out, next chapter is called "Cry of Victory" so it seems the Sins will truly stomp him and defeat him in one chapter, not that its surprising at all.

On another note, Meliodas kind of implied this will be the Sins last fight and after this os Merlin's job to protect Arthur, so this might finally be ending.

"The sins last fight"

The last fight shoulda been the Demon King, and how can you have the last fight without Escanor, the sins are not important without that amazing man, almost like he died and left the series because it's unworthy of him

^^ At least Escanor isn't around anymore so we don't have to see such a great character being dragged into this bullshit.

Hey, I get enjoyment out of ranting the same sh*t about NNT every week, it keeps me interested in the series

Also I totally agree with King on Merlin, she used the sins and could have accidentally screwed over the entire world, she deserves punishment, but whatever, that's not gonna be addressed

At least Monster Cath looks cool

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
"The sins last fight"

The last fight shoulda been the Demon King, and how can you have the last fight without Escanor, the sins are not important without that amazing man, almost like he died and left the series because it's unworthy of him
Damn.

At least Escagod won't have to take part of this shitshow.

I cringed while reading this new chapter. King was right and Gowther turned into one of the most uninteresting characters in the series.

I've been thinking about these last few arcs in the manga, and I think I have a reddit theory that Nakaba wants to hit certain story points but he keeps blowing past them at blinding speed. I.e. this whole Merlin affair went very fast, but the concept of having Merlin split from the Sins and do her own thing with Arthur is fine. It just sucks that these events are happening in back to back chapters instead of a more natural progression and introduction of enemies like in the 10C arc.

i do not remember cath "overpowering" the sins i remember him using some space hax or something though.

also "fighting" against chaos does not warrant a High 6-B rating especially since cath got hurt by the sins in that form.

Too much is unknown with how the fight with Chaos went to scale Cath to the Demon King. For all we know, he could've been slapped away with no difficulty.

i think cath's monster form should be Unknow since he doesn't really have any AP feats in that form and got curbstomped by arthur when he had one hand.

cath's "True Form" shouldn't even be there since it just appeared recently.

Power levels are garbage, that's why

Merlin and Diane, who are repsectively 4,000 and 50,000 can hurt characters far above them at 200,000

I frankly think we shouldn't use them at all

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Merlin and Diane, who are repsectively 4,000 and 50,000 can hurt characters far above them at 200,000
That's just the bad writting as of late, they were pretty consistent before.

I mean, not really, they've been inconsistent for a while

Zeldris is seen as 61,000 with God can match 201,000 Ludoshel

Merlin is 4,000 and can hurt people far stronger than that

Diane is 50,000 and can also hurt people far stronger than her

Gowther who is around 35,000 can take hits from Mael who is over 200,000

Escanor at 114,000 can fight better against the Original Demon than he can against Meliodas, even though Meliodas was 142,000 while the Original Demon is far above 201,000

Overall they're all pretty BS

Story context can override feats. Galand was able to move miles away by the time she could snap her fingers to cast Teleportation. Her suddenly scaling to some of the strongest beings in the verse doesn't really hold up.

Back